Winner: 908 - Season 8 Car Poll Round 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Dec 26, 2015.

?

Round 3 - Fight!

Poll closed Jan 8, 2016.
  1. Peugeot 908 HDi FAP '10

43.2%
  2. Honda HSV-010 GT '12

13.6%
  3. Nissan GT-R R35 Touring Car

43.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Above 550pp has won the previous poll, so now you can vote for 1 of 3 cars. The top 2 will go to a final shootout for the win!
    Thanks to @N64TheStig007 for the following spiel:

THE CARS:
    Peugeot 908 HDI FAP '10:
    An LMP1 car, this is the fastest car in the game that would be viable for a Sunday season and can be painted and numbered. Despite its phenomenal performance, it isn't too difficult to drive but it will require care out of slower corners, with short shifts. Best suited to tracks with with mid-high speed bends. The 2009 car won the Le Mans 24 Hour race with David Brabham onboard, but this 2010 model was defeated by Audi.[​IMG]

Honda HSV-010 GT500 '12:
    The easiest of the three, this is a car that anyone can be fast in. Phenomenal handling due to it's high levels of downforce, this car is suited to a wide array of circuits. The distinctive engine note comes from the 3.4L V8 which is based on the Formula Nippon engine. A perfect example of a point and shoot car, this car will result in very close racing. The Weider HSV won the 2010 GT500 title. [​IMG]

Nissan R35 Touring Car '11
    An easy car to drive, but a difficult car to extract the maximum amounts of performance. This custom Gran Turismo car utilises 4WD and serious amounts of power. Lacking the downforce of a GT3, the car has a tendency to understeer and eat tyres, but is arguably the most unique out of the 3 cars. The brakes are the highlight, which bring things to a halt quicker than you might expect. As a touring car, it is suited to many circuits.
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2015
  2. Easyprey007

Easyprey007 Professional

PSN ID
    Easyprey007
    I hit the track last night in the HSV at midfield reverse using SS tyres 21 laps before they gave way. Fun car to drive on SS.
    Gets my vote so far in testing...
  3. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    For the love of god test the cars before you vote please. Keep in mind the R35 Touring Car is NOT the GT3 car.
    HSV is great but I'm astonished you were testing a Super GT car on grooved street racing tyres... All of these cars are tailor made for use with Racing Hard-Softs.
    seth123, X-WTF_MAN-X and Kieran_B33 like this.
  4. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Easyprey actually hasn't voted yet... he did say
  5. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    I know he didn't vote yet...

I quoted Easy after I suggested eveyone should test before they vote...
    Hatfield likes this.
  6. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    THE CARS:
    Peugeot 908 HDI FAP '10:
    An LMP1 car, this is the fastest car in the game that would be viable for a Sunday season and can be painted and numbered. Despite its phenomenal performance, it isn't too difficult to drive but it will require care out of slower corners, with short shifts. Best suited to tracks with with mid-high speed bends. The 2009 car won the Le Mans 24 Hour race with David Brabham onboard, but this 2010 model was defeated by Audi.[​IMG]

Honda HSV-010 GT500 '12:
    The easiest of the three, this is a car that anyone can be fast in. Phenomenal handling due to it's high levels of downforce, this car is suited to a wide array of circuits. The distinctive engine note comes from the 3.4L V8 which is based on the Formula Nippon engine. A perfect example of a point and shoot car, this car will result in very close racing. The Weider HSV won the 2010 GT500 title. [​IMG]

Nissan R35 Touring Car '11
    An easy car to drive, but a difficult car to extract the maximum amounts of performance. This custom Gran Turismo car utilises 4WD and serious amounts of power. Lacking the downforce of a GT3, the car has a tendency to understeer and eat tyres, but is arguably the most unique out of the 3 cars. The brakes are the highlight, which bring things to a halt quicker than you might expect. As a touring car, it is suited to many circuits.
    [​IMG]
  7. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    @Hatfield
    Bloody Ben has used 2 accounts to vote for the R35 lol.
    seth123 likes this.
  8. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I noticed the votes from people who won't even sign up for S8 so I will wait until the end of the poll to see if it would make a difference lol
    (this is why I made it a public poll instead of anonymous)
  9. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    added this to OP
  10. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

I only voted for 1
  11. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    he loves his understeer ;)
  12. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    The Caruso one is you, we know it lol
  13. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    A bit off-topic: after 4 seasons of racing, I've noticed that, compared to the car selection process, the track selection isn't, shall we say, as "democratic". Will we see a change in future seasons allowing voting for tracks as well?
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  14. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    What's wrong with Laguna seca?
  15. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    seth123 likes this.
  16. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I am well aware of this...
  17. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    @COME_AND_GET_ME7 mate you're in the wrong thread might want to vote somewhere else
  18. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Easyprey007 and Kieran_B33 like this.
  19. Nathancarhead

Nathancarhead Team Driver

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
  20. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    seth123 and JonoStan96 like this.