Winner: 908 - Season 8 Car Poll Round 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Dec 26, 2015.

?

Round 3 - Fight!

Poll closed Jan 8, 2016.
  1. Peugeot 908 HDi FAP '10

43.2%
  2. Honda HSV-010 GT '12

13.6%
  3. Nissan GT-R R35 Touring Car

43.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dermott Brereton

Dermott Brereton Rookie

PSN ID
    ZingerStacker21
    I'm doing pcars next season. Won't be doing gt6
  2. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Damn it I can't believe I forgot about the Nissan lmp car from gtacademy. That would have made for an amazing season car.
  3. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    You must be joking...
  4. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
  5. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    @skywalker Did you mean the LMP2 car? That is a fun car but no base model :(
  6. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Wow... I've completely stepped away from all things GT related and come back to find only 37 entries this season?!
  7. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    It's a shame really, I've played many different online games over the years yet none come close to GT6's ability to produce white knuckle racing.
  8. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Yes this is what I meant :)

The delta wing / LMP1 car's both sucked.... who cares about whether there is a base model or not :p

Im not fussed if we all look the same, after all even team mates are still opponents.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  9. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Lmp2 would've been perfect
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  10. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Haven't forgotten to vote @Hatfield. Just with family staying with us over the xmas holidays, I haven't had a chance to do any testing. will get onto it, I am leaning one way already though.
  11. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    So we did some running around last night in the 908 on RS at Fuji GT, silverstone GP and Nur GP/F
    Once your reaction time and reflexes get used to everything being quicker it is a fun car to drive however you need to be extremely respecful in gears 1-3 and be very mindful of the amount of throttle.
    I found consistency in just keeping it in third even on the slowest corners. However my pace was lacking and most drivers seemed to have a spin here or there (it is practice after all)

I still prefer the GTR however if the 908 gets through, I would encourage everyone to give it a decent practice stint before immediately throwing in the towel on S8.

We will be suggesting tracks which suit the car and limit the amount of slow speed technical corners.
  12. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    At this stage the votes actually look like this:
    908 - 14 votes
    GTR - 8 votes
    HSV - 5 votes
    yet to vote - 10
  13. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    I voted for the 908, just because I wanted something you actually had to be patient with the throttle, rather than being able to use it like an on / off switch and still be on pace.

My pick of tracks:

Spa
    Silverstone GP
    Nurb GP
    Le Mans - enduro
    Fuji (with chicane :) )
    High speed ring? (sprint)
    Monza
    arakasi- likes this.
  14. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    close to my suggestion out back ;)
    "hey for tracks I was thinking of suggesting tracks used in FIA WEC if the 908 gets up.
    silverstone gp
    spa
    le sarthe enduro
    nurburgring gp/f
    fuji gt (I feel as though the tight S in the F version will be trouble with the 908)

maybe SSR5 clubman for the sprint round since it has never been used (although I feel like tokyo R246 would be better)
    and then one more track...maybe a GT original like high speed ring reverse also never used"
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2016
    arakasi- and skywalker like this.
  15. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    You probably right about Fuji, but I like the chicane as it forces you to really slow down, allowing overtaking both in and out of the chicane... but there is a few places for opportunities at Fuji so doesn't really matter. WEC run it with the chicane :thumbsup:

Totally down for Tokyo SSR5 for sprint round! Could even do the clubman to make it nice and short laps.

Edit: could do Brands hatch indy for a short sprint track too, as another option ;)
  16. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    by tokyo I meant R246 as alternative to SSR5 Clubman...

Also the whole thing with Fuji GT as opposed to F, I feel as though the tight last section provides enough of a test of patience with the 908 as it is without the hairpin in F. Also guys who have trouble getting the power down will lose out enough with the last corner coming onto the straight anyway. (like me lol)

what do people think about an indy speedway round?
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2016
  17. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    What about 24-hour time progression in the enduro? Has it been done in a league race before?

Some other suitable but so far unused tracks include RBR Short and Apricot Hill Reverse.
    arakasi- and Hatfield like this.
  18. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    No it hasn't been done before, however in Season 2 at Daytona it started off under lights and ended in the sun.
  19. arakasi-

arakasi- Professional

PSN ID
    arakasi-
    :thumbsup: was thinking it would be a great sprint round
    @skywalker 's list is very similar to what i was thinking
    @Bryan_F , like the 24 hr progression idea too
  20. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

When I did my testing it was around SSR5 and Nurb GP/F (mainly to get a comparison with smooth and bumpy surfaces with a variety of corner types)

The 908 was particularly good around SSR5, the slower corners still allow you to carry some speed.

I also agree with Fuji, Spa, Le Sarthe (maybe even no chicanes?)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.