GT6 [WIP] 2.4 Hours of Lemans

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Mustafur, Mar 21, 2014.

1. Blindman

Blindman Team Driver

PSN ID
    BLINDMANRACiNG
    Me too
  2. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    cant see the room did everyone get kicked?
  3. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

4. MINT_GTR

MINT_GTR Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    MINT_Matt
    Yeah can't see it either, room closed
  5. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

1.2hrs of LeMans with fuel/tyre wear on fast?
  6. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Faaaaaaark. What a disaster.

After getting whacked to the side right from the start (lag induced) I was already on the back foot. I realised the only way to have any chance to get a good result was to one stop. The car was just awful in a straight line and at the chicanes.

Had some good battles with Blindman in the middle of the stint. I pushing as hard and I could, but I knew the win was impossible when I was driving what I felt was on the maximum, I was still losing half a second here and there. Those utter BS penalties didn't help either. Nor did my 2 spins.

I came in on lap 13, thinking if I get some draft and conserve some fuel, a good result may come. But no, the stupid thing glitches out, and lets me go as soon as the tyres are done even though I asked for 95L. So with my strategy ruined, I just focused on finishing ahead of Blindman. Then the game froze. Yay.
  7. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

Sorry I didn't appear for this one guys forgot I applied for it. Had a mate over and couldn't race. Sounds like it didn't go to as plan
  8. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    That has got to be the most epic race Iv'e raced here at Rooz. After all the dramas with the room crashing and everyone restarting from where we left of I made it from 3rd, to have a lucky pitsop after stoping 3 laps later than the leaders and somehow managed to come out in front with a 4 sec lead. But FFS the room crashed again. I think most of the guys had had enough, but Mint and Jono came back to have a run to the flag over the remaining ten laps. Built a lead in the first few laps and then saw it chipped away at by Mint who was massively fast in the Mazda. He finally got past on lap 9? on the first section of the mulsane straight. When we got to the first chicane, I got loose coming out and lost the draft. stayed in touch but couldn't real him back in. Until the last lap that is, the 908 was more composed and faster through the Porsche Curves and I made up hugely there and we ran through the final chicanes nose to tail. .5 sec in it in the end.
    Well done Mint. 1st place and a spot on the BJH Memorial Grid.
    2nd to yours truly and 3rd to Stumbles who had great pace in the other Pug.
  9. MINT_GTR

MINT_GTR Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    MINT_Matt
    So thankyou PD servers, it takes 3 go's to complete a Le Mans race haha.
    I was absolutely guttered after the 2nd disconnect as myself and TB were set for a grand finale going into the final 10 laps but not to be.
    With the excitement still there, the final restart with the remaining 11 laps was set. My excitement transferred through to my GO pedal though and by lap 6 I was looking at a 10sec deficit to a consistent TB solid for the win. I will admit lap 7 and 8 are by far the best driving I have ever done to reduce the gap to 1.5 secs. The last laps was a battle of nerves with TB breathing down my neck and the Mazda becoming very difficult to drive. Regardless of winning, that was by far the most intense race I have been apart of at ROOZ so thankyou TB :D
    A big well done to stumbles, you were on fire at all restarts and would have been a big contender for the win if the original room had of held up. :)
    t_b_williams and Stumbles like this.
  10. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Might give my R18 a bit more speed down the straight... image.jpg
  11. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Great racing last night guys.
    Cheers Mint, I was slowly getting there after a couple of minor off-track stuff-ups. All went to crap after the disconnection fiasco, made mistake after mistake and was finally getting my shizzle together and cranking some good laps, did a 32.891 (not sure which lap), and then did a 32.912 on lap 16, then the disconnect again.
  12. natmanscoop

I tried fuel saving to cut-out a stop after the first restart but all I did was break my rhythm and make mistakes. Still ran out of fuel near the Porsche curves, so no dice even if I had maintained a decent pace.

I didn't bother reconnecting after my 2nd drop -out, I think that was all my end/GT6 freeze anyway. Grrrrr.
  13. natmanscoop

Haha yeah, felt the same way dicing with the 905s in my 908 pug, I'd make up acres of ground, fire onto the next straight right on their tail, then get left for dead again! I guess that's kinda the point though, mixing divs and cars!