PS4 PCARS Season 2 Expressions of interest

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by Ad2mny, Oct 12, 2015.

1. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Cagme... the points you make are extremely valid but Unfortunately some of the long time ROOZ boys have moved to the so called dark side and want to see the tried and trusted method of Sunday League applied to PCars. Whether you, I or anyone agree or disagree with what is happening..... we wont get a say in it.....
  2. agolfer78

agolfer78 Team Driver Gold Member

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
  3. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    So im assuming you're all for tuning then.

Nah jokes. As ive previously said, im easy either way. Will find time to tune and test if need be
  4. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

Yes I know there will always be those that oppose change. All that those who are for change can do is ensure that those who oppose are aware of all the implications that such a decision has. Thereby ensuring those who have the power to Inforce change can make an informed decision.
  5. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

Not exactly. In GT6 I was/still am all for no tuning. Unfortunately too many sacrifices have to be made when you run default setups in PCars. The drawbacks of running default setups simply outweigh its benefits.
    VARDZ likes this.
  6. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    I need all the help I can get buddy
  7. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    I can't confirm or deny that, but from what I can see it wouldn't surprise me.
  8. thebigRAGOO_14

thebigRAGOO_14 Team Driver

PSN ID
    thebigRAGOO_14
    I appreciate your well compiled approach
  9. jc1186

jc1186 Rookie

PSN ID
    JC-1186
    Stu has just confirmed TUNING is ON.

So anyway that's me out unfortunately. :(

Just simply won't have the time.

Furthermore I do not understand the decision given guys have confirmed fixes for the fuel. :thumbsdown: Basically the "we want/need tuning" mob won out in the end. Not really sure how given it was.. and I quote.. "99% Non Tuning" only weeks ago.

It basically started with them saying how non tuning would be great but there is a glitch in the game. Then slowly the truth came out. :poop:

Oh well catch you guys in the future some time and best of luck for the season ahead.

Oh btw Stu that'll be my brother out too (High-Brow) because I know he's a way crazier fan of non-tune series' than myself.

*edit. Oh and just wanted to add that in my 8 years of Sim racing I can't recall a better "out of the box" car (that promotes wheel-to-wheel racing on the limit with excellent feedback) than the Mercedes 190E in Project Cars.

It was/is a freak of nature and Tuning still won out. Go figure.

A shame.

/Rant
    beakeroo likes this.
  10. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    I did make a tuning thead to help those with no time on their hands...

Btw this so called sim business? No tuning was to make the racing even as can be which built Rooz to what it is today sadly PCars doesn't really support the feature of non tune

Sim being simulation of the real world, in the real world people tune in every way plausible, sad to lose a member but I can't imagine their being 7 seconds a lap in tuning the cars near perfect just a few tweaks of softer or stiffer would do the trick I'm not really a person who tunes often myself, if you're looking for non tuned series look towards gt6 seasons 8 but that's no reason to quit project cars
  11. Killercarlcox69

Killercarlcox69 Professional

PSN ID
    Killercarlcox69
  12. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    I can understand his point. This car is a beast, we have a fix. We're running tuned anyway.
  13. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
  14. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    I think you should hang around for a season and see how it goes JC. I think you will be surprised by just how much the Raceonoz community is willing to help each other out.

The teams championship is a great concept, and I am sure every team will end up with a half-decent tuner.

I am completely clueless re tuning, but joined the HTO series last year to have a bit of fun. I ended up on a team with a great bunch of guys willing to help me out in any way they could. I ended up being vey competitive and had a blast.

So why not hang around and give the team championship/community spirit thing a go? If, after a few races, you feel you are being disadvantaged, or just aren't having fun with it, then pull out. Nothing to lose! It would be a shame to lose a driver like yourself.
  15. emuegg11

emuegg11 Team Driver

Think notune was the aim and after alot of time put in by the powers of be, they did there homework and it is what it is. Its spot on out of the box this car and not knowing which way it was going ive tried both and as far as i can see there is .5 to 1 second difference between tuned and nontuned which isn't much. The quicker u get it chasing a fast lap time the more unstable it becomes and fast lap times don't win races. Just find something ya comfortable with and do laps and you'll pick up more time that way. I came to rooz 2 seasons ago from notune and had a heap of guys i didn't know from a bar of soap help me out big time. There's heaps of guys out there willing to help ya, juzzy is always throwing up good tunes and others as i think most people just want a good clean close race at the end of the day
    Spidey_11 and TheJuzzy like this.
  16. autech91

autech91 Professional

I bet!

I think an idea that should be floated is that everyone posts their tunes up on the forum via a screen shot. Be the best of both worlds as people could try each others ideas and would be interesting to see the different approaches people take to tuning, we could all learn something I think.
    All in favour like this post.
    SPL Racing, Spidey_11, George and 5 others like this.
  17. agolfer78

agolfer78 Team Driver Gold Member

Fastboy got a great tune for his birthday today, maby he will let everybody use it?
    seth123, autech91, JonoStan96 and 3 others like this.
  18. Giant slayer

Giant slayer Professional

PSN ID
    GiantSlayer_48
    Yeah but like last year on his birthday he had a great tune and then changed it before the start of season but like I always say what one tune work for one does not always work for another as people have complete different driving styles
    TheJuzzy likes this.
  19. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Shame JC, as i said earlier, i was going to be belted no matter which way i went.....I am not a fan of tuning, it was always the leagues intention to run Non-tune as all can see who the fastest is on a level playing field. It was reported back to me through the mod team that even with the apparent "fixes" for the fuel glitch, it was still showing up for some.....personally i have never had the issue, and can only take on face value that others are. HOWEVER

1. Can we get into a room and PROOVE specifically that the glitch can be stopped ? Tomorrow night possibly ? Have said previously that any decision can be changed in the interest of the league and i still personally believe that non tune serves the "majority" of the drivers

2. Does having non tune mean that for an event like the enduro, we have to amend the burn rate for tires and fuel so that it lasts for an hour and a half ? From my limited knowledge on pit-stops, i thought that non tune gave no option to change tires or add fuel.....Can someone please confirm this.

3. I am not "looking to change" the decision based on the fact a few have said they are possibly withdrawing. I am simply looking for the best outcome for the MAJORITY of our entries / drivers. Regardless of which way this goes I/we am going to get belted , and probably will for simply looking at it again and possibly changing the decision...

@CobMcCool , @Ad2mny , @COME_AND_GET_ME7 , @Fastboysmith , @Clevohead , @jc1186 , @beakeroo
    would you guys be available tomorrow night at say 8:30 syd time for us to test the following so we can put it to bed....
    1. test the fuel glitch
    2. wear rates based on the above
    3. Tune settings based on the above

I will still be releasing the track list and amended divs today

Gotta love a new game / platform and the challenges it throws up, were not performing brain surgery though, so everyone have a chill pill and roll with what we decide. :)
  20. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Happy to be on there Stu, I'll have to use a controller though.
    TheJuzzy likes this.