PS4 PCARS Season 2 Expressions of interest

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by Ad2mny, Oct 12, 2015.

1. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Every driver will be on a team unless they themselves stipulate they wish to run as a privateer. Either through a bidding process or being allocated to a team. I know as a captain of a team I will post photos of the summary of the setup in our chat... so nobody on my team will go onto track without a fighting chance
    Spidey_11 and TheJuzzy like this.
  2. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    For pcars it should be considered, IF it becomes a tuning series, the reasons in my post are valid, and in my experience with some of the people involved it there would NOT be an open sharing of tuning information between all drivers and teams as has been implied, some will and that's great but others may not and therefore could gain an advantage for themselves and their team, over the others potentially causing more problems and :):):):)fights within the league than need be, however if it becomes a non tuning season then it's happy days as these potential hassles would then just disappear.
    TheJuzzy likes this.
  3. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

I will post my tune again at the start of the season for everyone to use so everyone can have this extra half a second, still wont make you win div 1 but
    TheJuzzy likes this.
  4. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    @Fastboysmith Learning a track doesn't take 15 hours though? It also cuts through the BS and gets straight to racing.

Not sure where you learned to play chess @thebigRAGOO_14 maybe you could learn what check mate is instead of tuning this season if it turns out to be a no tune :roflmao:

I'll repeat this here, just mentioned it in the other thread.

Seriously though, I'm not stuck on non tuned. I loved S1 and HTO, I just like the idea of a non tune series. If there is good reason for it not to pan out then I'm happy to run tuned. I just want the decision to be made for the right reasons.
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
    SuiCid3 likes this.
  5. CobMcCool

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    If you've got a gun tune and he doesn't your advantage will be even greater than it would be in identical cars, therefore the result is his fault as a driver, not as a tuner.
  6. Benjamin J Smith

But i have 15 hours to get that last few seconds out of it where you have none, i have done GT Academy twice and the fastest time isn't set on Day 1
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  7. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Good for you buddy :thumbsup:
  8. CobMcCool

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    That's good for you, and you can do that but others may not and keep it to themselves and their team once again a situation creating a non level playing field and creating unnecessary :):):):).
  9. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    I don't get this part of the debate, one minute you guys say everyone drives different and so tune to your liking. The next you're saying that we use your tune (which is to your driving style)

Not saying that sharing tunes is not a good thing of course, I commend you on it. Just it kinda goes against your earlier point.
  10. thebigRAGOO_14

thebigRAGOO_14 Team Driver

PSN ID
    thebigRAGOO_14
    I'm well aware of what it means. Fastboy is correct and at the end of the day it's always going to be who puts in more practice. I have had giants adjusted tunes before yet somehow I'm not beating the pants of everyone. I guess I should with a tune. Maybe it's because I don't practice as much. Also you don't need to worry about whether I run or not as I doubt we will see too much of each other on track. Keep practicing pal.
  11. Benjamin J Smith

It gives people a starting point hence why i did it last season
    seth123 and JonoStan96 like this.
  12. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Ha-ha, don't get :):):):):)y pal, that was a auto correct error. I changed it as soon as I read it in Fastboy's quote of my post, lol.
    Of course practice makes people better, who on earth would argue with that. It's a given.
    cowdoesfly likes this.
  13. TheJuzzy

TheJuzzy Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    TheJuzzy
    There is no true default tune setting in online lobby's in pCars. You can set your car to default off line and save it to all tracks, them after that you can make changes to steering , diff , fuel you name it but for it to work you have to save it , then it stick's . after that that you can rock up to a default tune lobby and blaze away . I figgered this out coz I was wondering why I was getting smashed in practice and qualie , but could keep up in a race . if we go no tune the above will be abused .
    Killercarlcox69 likes this.
  14. cowdoesfly

cowdoesfly Rookie

PSN ID
    cowdoesfly
    Is it even possible for an honesty system with a set tune?
    TheJuzzy likes this.
  15. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Yeah I read your post earlier mate. Cob is claiming the opposite in some cases though so I guess that's what tonight is going to confirm one way or the other.
    TheJuzzy likes this.
  16. CobMcCool

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    I tested this today and I found the absolute opposite of what you said here, if you read my posts out the back I was very thorough and did it multiple times and apart from fuel and in car ffb default room means default car, no bull:):):):).
    TheJuzzy likes this.
  17. Benjamin J Smith

But were you able to set up a pit stadegy?
  18. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Sorry but why's everyone arguing over someone's withdrawal, no matter how alike you make it a league event will never be the same playing field different types of wheels, controllers, people like cagm who drive all week ;)

Tuning has been successful in the past from what I've been told and no tuning worked in gt6 well. Sadly project cars doesn't share a single thing with gt6.

Project cars has to many special tuning features it would be nice to capatilise on the features with the great car. Tuning eliminates one less of the 67 billion bugs one less issue to worry about, hopefully the right decision is called.
    JonoStan96 and agolfer78 like this.
  19. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Man this is supposed to be a expressions of interest thread...
    Anybody new to ROOZ who reads above isn't going to want a bar of this...
  20. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    Seriously guys, i think we all need to calm down a bit. I know some have strong opinions about this, but at the moment tuning is under review with some testing to be carried out on a few issues.
    I am sure that everyone appreciates the hard work that the mods and organisers do behind the scenes. An enormous amount of work goes on that no one even gives a second thought. Please remember these guys give their time freely so we can all enjoy racing week after week, and at times they have to make difficult decisions. Remember they are trying to do what is best for all of us.
    I for one am not phased either way and at the end of the day all i want is to have good racing on the night. I dont care if its for first place or last place as long as i have a fight on my hands.