GT Sport Season 15 Division 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Apr 12, 2021.

1. Stew Wilson

Stew Wilson Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Stew_Wilson72
    Alright I don't no :):):):). I guess what I'm trying to get at is options. Fia allows us to change between qually and race. Can we do that ? Why not open up that option ?
  2. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    I agree. I'd rather qualify on the softs and then choose my starting tyre after qualifying. GT Sport doesn't let you do that though in Practice/Qualifying/Race mode. It can be done with Practice/Race mode so long as you drive past the first timing sector after you leave the pits. You can turn fuel/tyre wear off also, but that's even more messing around with settings. I'm guessing the reason why we have to start on our qualifying tyre is because it's easier and less messing around
    Stew Wilson likes this.
  3. Stew Wilson

Stew Wilson Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Stew_Wilson72
    Ok thanks Ursine, I wasnt sure of the logistics. I guess for the premier league in Oz we could manage that
  4. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
    Sarcasm and derision.
  5. ScottPye20

ScottPye20 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    ScottPye20
    You see the problem with changing tyre compound after qualifying is that you'll have some drivers up front on mediums and others on softs, which would cause a bit of mayhem at the start. Having soft tyre runners at the front and medium runners towards the back reduces the carnage somewhat.
  6. gtkingx

gtkingx Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    gtkingx
    The reason for only being able to use the soft tyre once is in previous seasons everyone would pit, do one lap on mediums and pit again for softs. It became pretty pointless having the harder tyre as a requirement - with the longer pit times now though, maybe this is worth rethinking(would probably need to check pit times for each track for a season to ensure the 1 lap medium strategy won't work)

The longer pit times have really opened up strategy options this season which I think is great. Previously this week would have been a no brainer 2 or even 3 stop race and everyone would have been on the same strategy except for maybe some starting on RM and others starting on RS. This week the 1 stop is a real option, as is the 2 stop Which is faster? I'm guessing we'll find out tonight ;)
    Stew Wilson and Peersy like this.
  7. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    We introduced start on qualifying tyre so that we could use x0 wear in qualifying mode.
    If we use practice mode, we have to have the race wear rates on or need to reset and set grid manually which is a time sink.
    If we leave wear on, qualifying for some becomes a fuel burn and 1 flying lap affair which I suppose is fine although while fuel burning we have seen these drivers get in the way of others who are lapping
    Stew Wilson likes this.
  8. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    I now can't make 4 out of the 5 remaining races left so with this in mind I'm withdrawing from the remainder of the season. Sucks cause i like the car/track combos remaining but that's life. Have a good season.
  9. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    at least drive with us for the one you can make
  10. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    FYI @NAACS can't make it tonight either
  11. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Round 3 Results
    Qual
    [​IMG]
    Race Results
    [​IMG]
    Race Timings
    [​IMG]
    Peersy, Hatfield and UrsineSaturn9 like this.
  12. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Well done @gtkingx just too quick. Hit all my marks, got past @TUBBSTER22 on lap 10 after bidding my time, held off @Hatfield by 4s who was chasing me down on softs and also bested my practice time by 2s, so couldn't have put any more into it. However, you were still 3s up on 1st stop, 5s up on second stop and 7s up at the end. Great consistency too! Knackered after that one, but thoroughly enjoyed it
    Darren Day, Matthyus, Peersy and 3 others like this.
  13. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Started on mediums with the intent to 1 stop
    got away well and saved fuel behind the battles ahead to eventually be chasing down @GasMonkee78 @Matthyus & @emmo46
    Got by Gas and Jono, but emmo kept the gap steady on his worn softs to my worn mediums
    Once everyone had pitted I realised tyre wear was too high to go for the 1 stop so adjusted and pitted on 19 for 2nd mediums set.
    Came out behind emmo and Jono and set about chasing and passing.
    Also caught @TUBBSTER22 in this stint and pitted with about 17 to go, putting on softs to begin the chase of @UrsineSaturn9 & @gtkingx
    I made up lots of ground, setting the FL, but once the gap to ursine hit 4sec the softs were toast and the gap stayed till the flag
  14. gtkingx

PSN ID
    gtkingx
    It was hard work doing that many laps on that track.

It was a bit of a nail biter for me early once you got passed Tubbster, watching that gap and expecting you to close it up a bit with your superior tyre wear. It didn't really change much, I think you might have made a few small errors which put an extra couple seconds on the gap, then after the second stop I had overfilled slightly by accident so I went about burning some fuel and putting in a few quick laps which put that extra 3 seconds between us.

With about 5 laps to go I was watching the race for 2nd on the track map, seeing Hatfield closing in on you(I was cheering for you :)) The 7 second gap at the end seems like I beat you easily but it definitely wasn't an easy win, you pushed me the whole way!
  15. Darren Day

Darren Day Rookie

PSN ID
    Old_timer05
    My race pretty much mirrored Hats. I followed him all race varying between 3 to 4 seconds behind. I thought once I got into my last stint on softs I would have a crack and try and close the gap, but I didn't get through the traffic as efficiently as he did and once i did i was 10 seconds behind. Some great battles during the race with Emmo and Jonno and then Tubbster towards the end. Great drives by the podium guys. Too good! I love the endurance races and would vote favorably for an endurance series :)
  16. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I think @Viperzed is running a 2hrs interlagos soon...
    Viperzed and Darren Day like this.
  17. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Darren Day likes this.
  18. ScottPye20

ScottPye20 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    ScottPye20
    I don't know what it is about this game. I put in over 3 hours worth of practice over two days and I still come up short. Maybe the issue lies elsewhere, maybe it's to do with the pressure I put on myself to perform. I seem to get really nervous and rather tense around other cars, which impacts on everything. My arms feel heavy and my thumb can't move the analogue stick properly, which is strange because I don't have any of these issues when I practice alone. I know that I can do well when everything comes together but it's a challenge and requires thoughtful planning. I have to decide when to practice and for how long because I don't want to wear myself out before I've even started. Should do I practice for 2 hours the day before? Should do I practice on Friday? Earlier in the week? Should I even practice at all? How do I prepare myself mentally? Am I overthinking everything and getting anxious for no reason? Probably. I need a rethink to get my head in the game and out of the gutter or else I'll continue to suffer. Oh I'm a poet and I didn't even know it. Anyway, I'm in a hard place now and my motivation is low because I honestly feel as though I'm falling out of favour with this game. It doesn't excite me anymore and the physics are frustrating to say the least. Dropping to Div 3 won't change that and if I do find success there, it will feel cheap and unfulfilling. Div 2 is keeping me honest and pushing me further, forcing me to properly consider my place in line and take on a new approach. I say I'm sick of it but I need it to get better. I've been here before, I've been through crap like this but that hasn't stopped me from learning; from developing further as a person and a racer. I want to stay optimistic, I'm trying to stay optimistic but it's hard when you're at the back on your own a long way behind anybody.

Wow I'm making a big song and dance about something trivial. Sorry to bore you all with my crap. Have a nice day.
    Darren Day likes this.
  19. gtkingx

PSN ID
    gtkingx
    Having driven for years with a controller I feel your pain, the long pit times are definitely working against you as the need for tyre management is much greater this season.

With practice, personally I find sitting down and driving constantly for long periods to do very little to improve my pace. I do a few laps pretty much every day but I'll do 2 or maybe 3, 10 - 15 minute sessions each night. If I hit a PB lap, I stop and come back an hour later and do another 10 minutes. This reinforces the memory of that 1 good lap and makes it more likely I can repeat it. I do a bit of work in time trial mode too, it's now the same in time trial as a lobby with zero fuel and tyres so good for quali practice, to make it close to the same as with fuel and tyres I increase the weight to max(109% i think it is) in this car, otherwise a bit over 100kg. Using the time split helps to find extra time and also makes it easy to find places where I can use a higher gear to save fuel or do less tyre damage.
    Darren Day likes this.
  20. gtkingx

PSN ID
    gtkingx
    On a different note, you parked up on the main straight last night, putting yellow flags in one of the only passing areas. If you have to stop, as the race guide says each week, park up in the pits so you don't impact on everyone else