GT Sport Season 15 Division 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Apr 12, 2021.

1. ScottPye20

ScottPye20 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    ScottPye20
    I'm not feeling very confident heading into this round. I lack the accuracy required to stay off the walls and maintain a decent pace so it's going to be tough. The only plus side to this track is the tyre wear, which is quite low.
  2. ScottPye20

PSN ID
    ScottPye20
    Hmmm, not a lot of discussion around here lately. Nobody wants to give away any information it seems.
  3. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Drive faster than everyone else :thumbsup:
    gtkingx likes this.
  4. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    well, you have 3 options as I see it.

1. no stop mediums
    -can you make fuel last the distance?
    -can you make tyres last the distance?
    -no chance at pole or FL points however

2. 1 stop, starting on softs
    -go for the pole position point
    -go for early track position over medium starters
    -pit once the mediums become quicker

3. 1 stop, starting on mediums
    -figure out how many soft laps is ideal for yourself to know when to pit
    -hope that the lower fuel soft laps allow you the pace difference to catch and pass the soft starters
    -more chance at the fastest lap point
  5. Stew Wilson

Stew Wilson Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Stew_Wilson72
    I wont be able to make it tonight, got family staying with us and I can't get on the rig tonight....Goodluck all
  6. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    Can't make tonight. Good luck everyone.
  7. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    @Hatfield i should be home by 8 tonight. Can I please race in div2 tonight if I can make it.
    I only just learned track in TT, have not driven the car yet, have no idea about tyre wear or fuel. All I know is what Bang just taught me. I will lap by myself in D1, their too fast, I should slot in somewhere in D2 field for some ok racing hopefully, or come last.
  8. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    If div 1 has at least 10, and div 2 has space, you can slot in here. Otherwise, we probably need you for the grid in div1
  9. LE_bananajosh

LE_bananajosh Team Driver

PSN ID
    GT_bananajosh1
  10. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    So sorry GT :(, car in front braked early, before I even had my foot on brake, I had to bail out, so accelerated then braked and weaved, thought I had got through, piss poor driving on my behalf.
    Ursine, bank transfer will be fine.
    Thanks for the racing tonight everyone, i had a ball, sorry for being rusty, 1st race in months basically.
    Hope I can make it onto the grid again soon.
    Congrats to Ursine, GT, & Tubby. :thumbsup:
    TUBBSTER22, gtkingx and UrsineSaturn9 like this.
  11. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Round 2 Results
    Qual
    [​IMG]
    Race Results
    [​IMG]
    Apex - 46.22.962 - 2.03.607
    Race Timings
    [​IMG]
    UrsineSaturn9, Peersy and Hatfield like this.
  12. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    First Div 2 win! Very happy with that. It was always going to be one of those races where strategy played a big part along with a bit of luck on what unfolded around you. I got a bit lucky at the start to lead the medium runners after @Apex_64 had thoroughly cleaned the rust out of his brakes (bad luck gt). It was then a matter of putting in consistent laps and managing the gap to @gtkingx behind. He was gaining through the middle, then maintained a 2 to 3 second gap for a while before pulling away again ever so slightly by the end once the tyres started to wear out.
    Also well done to @groover33 for the cheeky FL! You know you lost more points from pitting than what you gained from the FL point right? Bragging rights I guess!
  13. gtkingx

gtkingx Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    gtkingx
    After qualifying well on RM, only just missing pole to Josh on RS I got off to a reasonable start outbraking him into turn 2 and had the inside line. Thinking this was my chance to take p1 and get a gap from Ursine, my race was going great ..... cue a flying Apex lol. Managed to get going again in 5th and then a clash with Johnnoclint through the tunnel put me into the wall and back to 7th. Not a great first lap!!!

After fighting my way back to 2nd I had 4 seconds to catch Ursine, managed to pull it back to 2.5s before the damage to my tyres from shenanigans during the first few laps started to bite and i knew there was no catching him from there. So i settled for 2nd and just had a leisurely drive home :)

Great drive @UrsineSaturn9 it would have been a really good battle between us if the 1st lap hadn't happened the way it did
    Last edited: May 17, 2021
    Matthyus, UrsineSaturn9 and Apex_64 like this.
  14. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    you've heard of hitting the apex, but in tokyo, the apex hits you!
  15. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Coming in hot! :eek:
    [​IMG]
    Matthyus likes this.
  16. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    FOUR!!!!!
  17. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    I knew going into this race that it was going to be a slip stream race, once out of that slip stream, good luck catching back up.
    After lots of testing (Thank you to my NLR team mates) it was determined that the no stop was the way to go, due to the RM being within a second of the RS, combined with the Slipstream and a decent pit stop length (26+ sec), pushed the 1 stop strategy away.

Qual
    Luckily I was able to sit in Saturn's slip for my first lap and snagged pole, although Saturn was still only .1XX behind me o.0
    However I held pole for at least a lap :)
    I was happy to come away with 4th at the end of qual. I wanted to gift it back, but your just too damn fast dude!!

Race
    God I hate Lap 1.
    After the Apex bullet train T boning GT, Saturn and myself slot into 2nd / 3rd respectively. However I got dirty tyres coming out of the container complex and ending up drifting through the next corner. I managed to 'save' it, but lord it was messy. With so many cars going everywhere, I'm lucky it wasn't worse. I think I got bumped into the wall, but it was 99% my fault and I lost several spots, sliding in behind GT and Tubbs.
    Going down the back straight, I was in Slip and gave Tubbs the bump to have the inside corner.
    I had GT next to me and Tubbs in front and the amount of dirty air was ridiculous, I could actually feel the car getting buffeted by it. At the next corner, all the dirty air, meant turning was next to nigh on impossible and I nudged GT.
    I did let off the gas and by the next portion of the tunnel I had lost 2 spots to Groover / Hat, then at the hairpin, GT got his spot back.
    I apologise for the bump @gtkingx it was a pure accident.
    Given hindsight, maybe should have bumped GT instead of Tubbs to have a better angle for the corner with the reduced tyre grip, or not at all and just sat in their slip. Lots of options available, sadly I chose the wrong one in the moment.

I'm now sitting in 8th.. :(
    However I managed to settle the nerves and improve my lap times. I managed to sneak past groover and emmo into 6th.
    I checked a few laps later and found that I had chewed through an extra lap of fuel..., so I re-adjusted my gear change point and went about hitting those lines, It took most of the race to reclaim the lost fuel, but I managed it.
    During this time, both Hat and Josh had pitted, gifting 2 extra places and 4th place.
    I was slowly catching Tubbs in 3rd, but aging tyres and my own fatigue got the best of me (I ran the race with an inflamed shoulder).

At the end of the day, very happy with coming away with 4th in D2.
    Well done to @UrsineSaturn9 @gtkingx @TUBBSTER22 for your win and podium finishes.
    You lads are just too fast.

See you at the enduro at Interlagos...
  18. ScottPye20

PSN ID
    ScottPye20
    The soft tyre should be mandated in the regular rounds so everybody pits once. It would reduce the spread of the field without compromising the strategic aspect in my opinion.

I wouldn't call last night disastrous because it wasn't, but this track should go in the bin. My expectations were very low after a poor showing in the qualifiers and I knew that I'd be at the back. But I wasn't going to pussy out; I wasted too much time practicing and I wanted to get some points on the board. Which I did and I wasn't last! I made up 2 places somehow despite my lack of pace. I never want to see this track again because it's pathetic. Interlagos however is not pathetic and should be a permanent fixture on the ROOZ schedule. It's way more fun and there's more room for actual racing, not slipstream battles.
  19. TUBBSTER22

TUBBSTER22 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    TUBBSTER22
    Yeah you were catching me mate. Got me down to 3.5 seconds while I was conserving tyres. I managed to gap you by over 8 secs within the last 3 laps to make sure I kept 3rd place.
    Well done to Saturn and king!!!! Way to fast for me!
    gtkingx, UrsineSaturn9 and Matthyus like this.
  20. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Disagree here. The RM is mandated with no limits on sets, the RS is there as a limited option if you want to use it. I personally hadn't considered the no-stop as an option for the past round but managed to qualify 2nd on the RS, stretched them out to lap 12 and came home in 2nd place on the RMs. One stop worked for me. The winner in D3 won from 8th on the grid on a no-stop. I reckon had we top three not battled so much at the start the result may have been different.

You rolls the dice and takes your chances.
    Last edited: May 19, 2021
    Hatfield, Matthyus and Xtr3meNZer like this.