Gran Turismo 7 Season 4 Division 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Viperzed, Feb 1, 2023.

1. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Thanks, I'm disappointed I missed it too. I had already done my homework before I realised I wouldn't be there. I would probably have qualified about mid 25s and was set to do two 24 lap stints on softs and a 14 lap final run on mediums. I was doing 25s and low 26s nearly all the way with some high 24s with low fuel on the second soft set. I am curious to know how I would have done. Of course the first two rounds saw me off track a few times so I my have had grief here too.
    Slartybar and Matthyus like this.
  2. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    You weren't alone in having off track trips, as I'm pretty sure almost everyone did.
    Your strategy would have been interesting to see how that might have played out.
    I was going for the 2 x 23 RM and 1 x 16 RS, however I decided to pit 1 lap earlier on the 2nd RM stint to prevent @xlxy90 from getting too close in the dying stages. Little did I know that he was / had to pit again.
    Decided to give 17 laps to a low fuel RS run should be enough to get me home, which it did.

I completely ballsed up my qually, by putting on RS, then filling up the car....
    I couldn't get the groove I wanted, settling for 5th.

I was managing 26's to 25's on RM (full fuel to low) and 24's to 25's on RS (dependant on fuel). I was just happy to be consistent tonight. Many a lap were 100's of milliseconds from each other. Both the RM stints were just a row of 1m25s lap times.
    Slartybar likes this.
  3. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    Yeah i didn't do enough laps on the mediums in the middle stint, leaving myself with close to 25 laps on the softs, which i was trying to nurse through, but they hit the cliff and became deceased. I knew i wasn't going to hold that 10 second gap for 5 laps, so i bit the bullet and locked in second.
    Slartybar, Ian Cannan and Matthyus like this.
  4. Slartybar

Slartybar Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Slartybar
    One stop was not the best strategy that's for sure. I thought I had good speed at this track but lost far too much time fuel saving and tip-toeing around on worn tyres.
    Probably one of my best races with no incidents or offs. I actually found it easier to drive with worn softs than the worn mediums, probably due to the cold rears with mediums
    Matthyus likes this.
  5. Jim_aka_The_Man

Jim_aka_The_Man Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jim_aka_TheMan
    I am away this weekend. Have a good race.
    Matthyus likes this.
  6. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Round 3: Deep Forest Raceway Reverse - Custom Weather - Sunrise 7x - 27 Laps - 12/03 [RS and RM REQUIRED]

[​IMG]
    As always please take a couple minutes to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night.
    If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regulations please ask!

ROOM OPEN:
    Room captains may have practice rooms open beforehand but should have the official room up by 7:30pm AEDT. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread know if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.

SIGHT ISSUES:
    Before qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again.Type the number of cars you can see in the lobby chat and cross check with other drivers to ensure clarity.

QUALIFYING - 8:00pm AEDT for 10 mins.
    Feel free to run practice laps prior to qualifying, The host will trigger a 'Room Reset' closer to the commencement of Qualifying.
    Once 10 mins of session time has elapsed, finish the lap you are on and stop the car off the circuit somewhere near the start of the lap.

PITS ARE OPEN DURING QUALIFYING

RACE START TIME - 8:10pm AEDT

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS:
    This is up to the room host/captains. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I would suggest only having 1 restart if required due to DSC, due to having to set up the room from scratch and also having to set timed laps in order to set the grid. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....

TURN 1 LAP 1:
    The old saying goes, you can’t win the race on lap 1, but you can definitely lose it. Please be mindful of other drivers on lap 1 coming into turn 1, and for that matter, the entire race. It can be very demoralizing to hot lap on your own for 45 minutes as I'm sure many of you are aware.

TRACK LIMITS:
    As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage, position or time wise. Track Limits protests may be launched by any active driver in the race.

Is to be avoided at all times..... If you make contact with someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Occasionally, Gran Turismo track limits may teleport a disadvantaged driver backwards on circuit to ‘reset’ them, if this occurs at the hand of another driver, IT IS EXPECTED that the driver at fault will wait and redress the position.
    Side by side 'rubbing' is racing is allowed and promoted within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room. For clarity surrounding racing room, please feel free to PM @Viperzed
    Show each other RESPECT! It is difficult enough to drive the car at the limit on your own, without someone squeezing you within a millimeter of the grass.
    So be patient and show respect to your fellow drivers.
    If you are redressing contact, please do so out of the way of other cars, off the racing line, or if there isn't much room, off track.

PIT ENTRY/EXIT LINES:
    Pit Line Penalties are ON so you will be penalised in game if you cut any part of the entry or exit lines. Please be aware of cars exiting T1. If you find yourself in and amongst traffic, Stay hard right.

BLUE FLAGS:
    Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS:
    This season, the Head Steward will be @Viperzed. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let him know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. Stewards may ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captains to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY:
    If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved!

PARKING UP:
    If you are unable to continue to race, please enter the pits and leave your game paused without selecting tyres so that your car stays parked in the pits. Parking up off track activates yellow flags in the sector, and even though penalties are off, we have reports of penalties occurring for passes happening near the parked car. Quitting off track results in a sometimes race ending lag spike and may be punished in extreme scenarios.

ATTENDANCE:
    Could all drivers please inform Room Captains or make a post on the division thread if they do not intend on racing on Sunday night, Room Captains/ Lobby Hosts are advised not to wait for anyone who has not communicated their intentions. If you do not post in your room thread or psn chat that you cannot attend, a spot may not be held for you for the following weeks race.

TRACK SPECIFIC - Deep Forest Raceway Reverse

A reimagined classic for GT7! Be careful coming into the new sector 1, the braking zone can be quite a challenge in these FF cars, especially as those rear tyres get cold. Be considerate through the middle sector, running side by side is extremely challenging and will more often than not end in disaster.

The tire allocation for this round is RS AND RM, BOTH REQUIRED.
  7. Beats143

Beats143 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Beats143
    I am back and in for tonight :D
    Matthyus likes this.
  8. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I'll be there.
    Matthyus likes this.
  9. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Yep, the braking zone into the first hairpin can get very tricky!! Had a few offs in practice :roflmao:
  10. Blunty075

Blunty075 Rookie

PSN ID
    Blunty075
    Anyone done any practice for tonight's race? What lap times are you getting? I did a bit yesterday but was all over the place.
  11. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Low 34s to low 35s most of the race.
  12. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Round 4 Results
    Qual
    [​IMG]
    Race Results and Fastest Laps
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Hatfield and leeboy910 like this.
  13. btwong

btwong Rookie

PSN ID
    btwong10
    Very frustrating race. Got pushed to the wall on the first lap hairpin turn, then got punted from behind twice, each time losing 5 places.

The worst was the second punt. I fought back to 9th after the first punt put me at 13th, when beats came back onto the road just after the small tunnel, he hit someone else, but then slowed down and stopped on the racing line on turn 9. I had no place to go, but i stopped in time. But the guy behind me did not.. and i got rear-ended, spun and creamed into the wall. By the time i got going again with all my damage, i was back to 14th. I so nearly raged quit.

So so frustrating.
    Slartybar and Matthyus like this.
  14. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Qualified mid-pack, just over half a second off pole.
    Had a good run on the mediums battling, but mostly just following @Matthyus until we both pit. (there were a few others having little errors or spins which helped us make up spots)
    From following, saved more fuel than matthyus and came out of the pits ahead, but he had the pace to close back up immediately.
    Continued battling as we started to catch the podium, until I spun on my own exiting the corner after the back straight which lost me 3 spots.
    Luckily had enough time and tyres to grab 2 of those back.

Overall enjoyable night, thanks all.
  15. leeboy910

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    I had a great run last night. Popped it on pole and got a decent start on mediums. Managed to hold Glenn off for a few laps but his soft tyres won out and he overtook me. I struggled to keep up and he built a decent gap.
    Slarty then managed to pass me as well and we had a good battle for quite a few laps! Glenn pitted around half way and Slarty pitted a few laps later.
    I pitted at the end of lap 20, but probably should've pitted a lap or two earlier.
    I felt as though the car moved around more on soft tyres although had overall better grip, so wanted to keep the fuel level down for the soft tyres stint.
    The car came alive for the last few laps. Slarty and I reeled Glenn in and passed him with a few laps to go. Having younger tyres helped me reel Slarty in. Not sure what happened but on the last lap, I went on the outside going into the right hander after the tunnel. Slarty had a moment in the wall and I took the lead and drove to the flag unchallenged.
    I was very happy with my performance and made only a couple of small errors which didn't cost me much time. It's taken me a while, but I'm understanding the car more with each lap and finding the limits.
    Great clean racing from Glenn and Slarty, and a fun night overall. Bring on the next one!
    Slartybar, Hatfield, Ozglenn and 2 others like this.
  16. Blunty075

Blunty075 Rookie

PSN ID
    Blunty075
    I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I just can't seem to find any pace. Last night I thought might have a chance but halfway through qually it was clear that I had no chance. Starting at the rear I decided to use mediums with the hope of sticking to the pack, maybe making a few spots then attacking on softs when the rest where on mediums. Unfortunately that plan was nuked very early on. I had a bad start but managed to gain a couple spots by T1 only to be the unfortunate recipient of others overshooting on T1. I got going again, caught the rear of the train, started to pass a couple cars and thought I might be able to recover than all of a sudden it was over. I came up on an accident in front of me and I tried to negotiate the ghosted cars only to have one roll into the gap I chose and un-ghost right in front of me bringing me to an abrupt halt. I was contemplating parking up but kept going and right as I started to make progress it happened again, an accident in front of me then as I tried to pass a ghosted car it moved into my path and un-ghosted in front of me. The only reason I didn't park up then was because I thought it was a reverse grid round and we had a 2nd race after but I was wrong.
    @Hatfield/Stewards, can you guys do something to fix the issue with Qually please? I don't know if it's happened to others but it happened to me again last night. I was on a qually lap and a car that came out of the pit on an out lap moved straight onto the racing line and completely stuffed my lap. I had to bail on T1 to avoid punting him and even then he made no attempt to yield and I had to fight to stay on track. Cheers.
    leeboy910 and Kieran_B33 like this.
  17. leeboy910

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    I've noticed a couple of times where drivers are a bit lacking in awareness during qualifying.
    It hasn't cost me to this point, but I agree that everyone needs to remember there are others on qualifying laps.
    It can be difficult sometimes, but if you're on an out lap or you've stuffed up your hot lap, don't sit on the racing line at below racing speeds.
    I also believe this is a very good reason to be on voice comms, if only for qualifying.
  18. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    @Viperzed is the steward this season, if you save your gameplay after incidents like this happen, you can upload it postrace to protest.

Generally, if you exit the pits during qually you should be making sure to stay out of the way of cars coming up on you, so it's disappointing that didn't happen for you
    leeboy910 likes this.
  19. Aiko_Mac

Aiko_Mac Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Aiko_mac
    The start of the race was a disaster and I believe we all have a responsibility to race cleanly at the start of the race but based on last night, we seemed like a bunch of fools. Especially the mid pack battles which were very scrappy and there was too much contact
    Slartybar likes this.
  20. Slartybar

Slartybar Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Slartybar
    It was good fun racing with you and Glenn. The first two corners were a bit nerving but I managed to get through without any issues. I saved some fuel following you two which helped me jump ahead during the pit stops. You reeled me in but then I lost the rear approaching turn 4 on the last lap and put the car into the barrier receiving damage. I was surprised @Matthyus didn't pass me as I was a sitting duck limping around the final corners.
    Overall pleased with the result but could have been different if others hadn't had issues as the pace in this division is very close.
    Ozglenn, leeboy910 and Matthyus like this.