Division 4 Season 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    Sigh. A disappointing race. Nothing to talk about. :)
    Code:
    Race 1
       Driver          Time       Best Lap
    01.DoogleDave      20:51.694  1:12.643 (pole)
    02.BLINDMANRACING    +12.317  1:12.314 (fastest lap)
    03.disturboed        +21.504  1:13.203
    04.K1W1-DRIVER       +22.972  1:13.200
    05.Ad2mny            +43.512  1:14.188
    06.X-3vi1m00n        +47.812  1:13.399
    07.emmo46            +52.279  1:13.966
    08.Kart-No-1       +1:10.033  1:14.623
    09.Molch              D/C     1:13.336

Code:
    Race 2
       Driver          Time       Best Lap
    01.DoogleDave      20:56.039  1:12.340
    02.disturboed        +20.605  1:13.061
    03.Ad2mny            +21.123  1:13.449 (started on pole due to lobby d/c)
    04.BLINDMANRACING    +23.523  1:12.756
    05.X-3vi1m00n        +25.943  1:13.332
    06.emmo46            +32.381  1:13.845
    07.Molch             +32.572  1:13.445
    08.K1W1-DRIVER       +36.659  1:13.485
    09.Kart-No-1       +1:04.425  1:13.963 
    Code:
    Fastest laps
    01. 1:12.314 BLINDMANRACING
    02. 1:12.340 DoogleDave
    03. 1:13.061 disturboed
    04. 1:13.200 K1W1-DRIVER
    05. 1:13.332 X-3vi1m00n
    06. 1:13.336 Molch
    07. 1:13.449 Ad2mny
    08. 1:13.845 emmo46
    09. 1:13.963 Kart-No-1

Code:
    Placing
    01.DoogleDave      25+25/2=37.5
    02.BLINDMANRACING  18+12/2=24
    03.disturboed      15+18/2=24
    04.Ad2mny          10+15/2=17.5
    05.K1W1-DRIVER     12+ 4/2=14
    06.X-3vi1m00n       8+10/2=13
    07.emmo46           6+ 8/2=12
    08.Kart-No-1        4+ 2/2= 5
    09.Molch            2+ 6/2= 5

2. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Blindman takes the bonus point for fastest lap as his was faster in Race 1 than Dave's in Race 2.

Happy this track is done with now, just couldn't find the groove I needed to be smooth. Qualified in 3rd position behind Dave & Blindman and got a great start off the line swallowing Dave up who Webbered the start. Blindman was in front and then heading into the first turn he went full speed straight ahead into the sand and then the wall. This baulked me a little and let Dave sneak back up on the outside and then I got pummelled a bit by those behind me, and Dave got through. The next corner and I was eaten by Emmo somehow. So into third spot I was. At the end of the first lap, Emmo ran a little wide on the exit of the final hairpin, so I was able to beat him in a drag down the straight. From there I ran the next 12 or so laps in second place, with about a 3-5 second gap to Doogle, but I just couldn't quite match the pace and I was pushing hard to do it. Then the inevitable when I missed my braking marker for turn 6 and went spearing into the sand, the delay getting back on track gifting Blindman second place. For the final laps it was just a matter or trying to protect 3rd spot from a fast closing Kiwi.

Second race, got another great start, took a position off the line and moved right up into 4th spot by the halfway point in the lap. Lap 2 turn one, I got smashed again, this time pushing me into the dirt causing me to spin. Facing the other way, I had to let the traffic through before spinning around and carrying on. Down in last place now. Made up some spots by passing and also through other peoples misfortune. By about the mid point of the race had caught onto the tail of Emmo and Ad2mny. Had a good battle with Emmo who was trying to battle Ad2mny at the same time, managed to squeeze my way past and then set after Ad. By the end of the race I had taken 2nd spot and Doogle had run off into the sunset!!

So third overall in the round standing. At least I didn't go backwards from last week. Lets see what the day/night brings!
    Ad2mny and Blindman like this.
  3. Blindman

Blindman Team Driver

PSN ID
    BLINDMANRACiNG
    I'm scattered
  4. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I'll hold off on the table to see if there is any adjustments to Ad2's position after he was put on pole for being disconnected.
  5. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Will happily accept any penalties for wrong starting position. I was just glad I'd made the race. Not sure what I could have done without getting in someone's way. It was a brilliant second race for me after a mediocre first race, running off track early and struggling to make any headway. Evil sitting in his grid spot all race in a GolfV, and not ghosted either had to dodge him every lap. At the end it turned out he was just behind me.

As we discussed the happenings in race 1, evil called us all to the track and as I jumped in it locked up then DSC'd. I scrambled to find the lobby and was resigned to the fact that I had missed the race. As I entered saw the room was still in practice, and as soon as I entered the track evil started the race. Got a blinder off pole and about 3 people zoomed through me ghosting and looked like into the gravel but some must have recovered. Emmo threatened a couple of times and on 3rd lap or so badly outbraked himself dropping back. Doogle came up behind me about 1/3rd distance and I held him off for a while but it was inevitable that he'd get past. Pushed a little too hard and on the 2nd last corner ran wide on exit and fishtailed wildly back on to the track. Emmo was back on my case and turbo soon joined the battle. I need to watch the replay cause I know emmo got ahead of me at some stage, but I somehow got back past. Turbo got past emmo and a short time later got me too. Emmo must have had an off while I was chasing turbo (did my fastest lap in pursuit) and it was just a case of keeping a gap on Blindman and evil behind, who's arrows were moving in all directions on and off the track. It was a good race, even though my results may not count. Bloody psn.
  6. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    It's hard to be anything but pleased with my two wins last night, though I was disappointed that my pace was far slower than what I'd been doing in practice. I had really set my sights on securing fastest lap for this round and hitting numerous laps in the 11's I thought a high11-very low 12 would do it, but on the night I just couldn't make it happen. Very well done to Blindman for taking FL (by two tenths)!

Race 1 I had a shocking launch off the grid which saw me drop from first to third or fourth. Unfortunately for Blindman he went off which slowed the pack slightly and I saw a gap I could take so pushed on through and by turn 2 I had resumed the lead.
    I took this opportunity with both hands and focussed on hitting my line and markers each lap.
    For most of the race I kept note of the gap between myself and Turbo, watching the gap hover around the 4-5 second mark lap after lap. I decided not too try and push too hard and worked at maintaining the gap and it was later in the race I saw Blindman's fastest lap. I had opened the gap back to Turbo a little further so I decided to push it for a few laps to see if I could take the fastest lap back, but this proved more difficult with front tyres now down to 8 and then 7.

The win for race 1 then meant I had to start race 2 from the back of the grid, an ominous task ahead and I needed to ensure I didn't have a repeat performance off the line.
    Thankfully this time I managed to get off the line OK and kept with the pack into turn 1. I slowly made my way forwards through the pack and soon found myself behind Emmo and Ad2 at the front of the race. After a lap or two I decided to try and take Emmo into turn 1 but I hit my braking marker way too late and locked it up coming into the turn, almost running off into the sand. Emmo skillfully passed me by and I lost a second or two as I watched him and Ad2 power off down the track.
    I quickly got going again to make sure I stayed in front of the remaining pack that were coming up very fast behind. I knew if I were to catch the leaders again I would have to drive very well, so I put my head down and thankfully made my way back to them. I passed by Emmo and locked my sights onto Ad2, who decided he was not going to make it easy for me. For a few laps he kept me chasing him and I saw a couple of opportunities to pass him but in sections of the track I thought may get me (and or both of us) unstuck, so I decided to remain patient and bide my time. It was still early in the race so I didn't want to make a move until I was comfortable.
    Coming into the 2nd last turn I made some time back under brakes and upon exit of the final turn I was right up behind Ad2. I jumped out of his slipstream part way down the straight and managed to hold him out under brakes to take the inside line and into the lead. I kept my pace high and noticed the gap to slowly increase with each lap and with tyres on 9 I had plenty of rubber left to now try for fastest lap, which I managed for race 2, but not for the overall.
    With a lap or two to go I saw the gap increase to +20 seconds so I eased back (a little) and drove home to victory, making it back-to-back wins.

Well done to Blindman and Turbo for your performances during both races and I am keenly aware that you are both right behind me, ready to pounce at at opportunity. Looking forward to seeing what Daytona brings and the day/night scenario will add yet another challenge into the mix for many drivers (me included).
    Ad2mny likes this.
  7. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I lost 30 seconds on one lap playing in the sand in race one, that put paid to a secure 5th place at the time. Race two I was challenging Ad for the lead but I couldn't get it stopped at turn 1 on two occasions and both incidents cost me two places. Pretty miserable result but for the first five laps or so in each race I was really going pretty well. Oh well. Next is Daytona in the dark and from a pre season run I had there I'm doomed to run at the back there as well.
  8. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Good thing we have 2 weeks to practice!
    I'm in the same boat as you with Daytona! Have no idea when the next turn is coming up!
    emmo46 likes this.
  9. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I'm gonna need a guide dog.:eek:
  10. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    There shouldn't be any changes unless Ad has more than 11.1s added to the final time. I think 5-10s would probably be more than likely.
  11. SerenityInSpeed

SerenityInSpeed Rookie

PSN ID
    HazeOne68
    Hey lads. Hated having to pull out of last night's race. Had travel plans to take care of though.
    In a nutshell, i was retrenched recently (i'm actually happy about it too). So i have a small window of time to take a trip back to London to see the family before i have to come back here to find another job. I've decided to do this asap as i don't want to live off my payout for too long.
    So i'll be jetting off on the 10th. This means i have to forgo the rest of this season's races:(
    I will be back in time for the next season though.
    While i'm in that part of the world i'm hoping to go to the Le Mans 24 hour race on the start day. And if i can, get across to Austria for the Formula 1 race. It's not every day you get the chance to see these events so, why not?
    I'll be keeping an eye on things on my travels, and it's gonna burn not being able to compete, but i'm sure you guys will understand:)
    Cheers.
    Stumbles, Blindman and emmo46 like this.
  12. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    He would need to be put back at least three places for it to effect the overall points positions for the night and I don't think that is going to happen so he will probably stay as 4th for the night. Let me know if this is not the case.
    Blindman likes this.
  13. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Enjoy the trip, see you on track when you return. Gonna miss you in the ISC.
    SerenityInSpeed likes this.
  14. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  15. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Photos!! Or videos!! Lucky bastard ;)
  16. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    When you get on track,hit pause & go to the options & adjust the exposure & you'll be able to see no worries
    emmo46 likes this.
  17. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    Sorry about Sunday,i couldn't let ya's know i couldn't host as i had no net from fri arvo until today thanks to an idiot Failstra Technician screwing up my connection when he connected somebody else in my units. Didn't find out until it was too late on fri to do anything about it. All good for this week
  18. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    We got a week off mate. Also there is a large update with the senna content that you will need to do before you can go online.
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  19. Blindman

Blindman Team Driver

PSN ID
    BLINDMANRACiNG
    Have a bloody good time over there serenity take the opportunity to get to those races it should be on the bucket list !
    DekGT5mad and SerenityInSpeed like this.
  20. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Whilst in the UK, try and hit up a banger racing event at a speedway somewhere. It's a total larf! Total like an open lobby!! :p
    DekGT5mad and SerenityInSpeed like this.