Division 4 Season 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Apr 4, 2014.

1. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    good race for me this week. From dead last previous round to top step of the podium this week, although a slightly hollow victory with the 2 top contenders dropping out of the race early on, but a win is a win is a win, and I'll take it.

Qualified in 4th spot which was ok, but i was hoping for another spot or two further up the grid. Took off with the rolling restart and got muscled back a spot by Kart in the first chicane, but he went off soon after so I was back into 4th. Drafted past Ad on the first straight after Eau Rouge, & then Blindman had an off, soI was able to latch onto Dave by the end of lap 2. A much faster run through Eau Rouge for me saw me pass Dave before the chicane. I led for the next few laps then had a braking mistake into the bustop which let Dave through. I wasn't too concerned, I just had to stay within a second or two of him. Then the very next lap (lap 6) on the right hander before the back straight, his car went off into the sand, I though he went wide and understeered off, but then a few seconds later he was disconnected. Bugger, was looking forward to that duel.

I kept an eye on Blindman who was making his way back up the field, but 2 laps later, he was gone too! From this point on, it was relatively lonely for me as I just concetrated on trying to make the end mistake free. I originally planned for an opening stint of 10 laps on the softs, then 9 laps on softs, followed by 2 stints of 11 laps on the mediums. But when I had done my first stint, I looked at my times and thought, bugger it, I'm changing to 3 x soft stints of 10 laps each and the final on mediums.

Managed to grab the fastest lap of 2.07.091 on my 3rd soft stint, I was trying my hardest to break that 2.06 barrier.

Great seasons racing guys, as usual. Thanks to Dbn for hosting and Evil for his backup hosting. See you next season!
    DekGT5mad, Blindman, emmo46 and 3 others like this.
  2. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    Wow, was so good to have some cars behind me for a change, even if it was for a short while. The highlight of the season for me, qualifying 5th. Such a pity I couldn't back it up with a good race as I was soon back in my usual spot. Too many errors and excursions off the track. Watching the replay this morning, was so funny seeing all the cars bunny hopping around the track on the roll up to the start.
    I also watched the replay of me overtaking emmo on lap 2. No argument from me, I did get an unfair run through Eau Rouge to duck under him into the chicane. But I also noticed, as I did while racing, that Emmo also ran wide on the exit, with all 4 wheels over the white line and off the track. What would the ruling be in an instance like that, do we both hold our position or is the position up for grabs? I assumed as he had run off track as well the spot was there to take. Again, no argument from me either way, I redressed on track after a small off and was happy to do so, its more for future reference. I had so many off's it would have made no difference anyway.
    Well done to the podium, real shame abour Doogle and Blindman. I think it will really hurt Blindman's championship as thats now 3 races he has missed and probably cost him second place. Better luck next time mate.
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2014
    Ad2mny, DekGT5mad and gentlemen jim like this.
  3. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    Congrats to Turbo on taking out the final race of the season. From the little I saw you early on (before I DSC'd) you had some real good pace going and I knew you would yet again be up the pointy end of the race.

I only have one word to sum up last night's race - GUTTED.

I knew I couldn't lose the championship, which perhaps took a bit of the pressure off and I could strap in and really enjoy this race, so I was going into the final round hoping to finish off how I had started the season.
    I had done some extensive practice over the weekend and had really picked up my times (managing to hit several low 06's when I had my mojo flowing), and even managed a couple of 07's on the RM's.
    I had my pit strategy down pat so all I had to do was race my own race again and try to work my way to the front and then keep that position.

I managed to set a decent time in qualifying with a 2.06.9xx but knew I could go faster, though I just couldn't manage it when I needed to and Blindman brought out a ripper of a lap with a 2.06.7xx to take pole.

Off P2 on the grid I was feeling confident and knew it was all about consistency this round, which I knew I could do. I got off to a reasonable start and made a great inside slide through turn 1 to take Blindman on the inside and with the help of a small bump from behind I was off and down the straight towards Eau Rouge, with Blindman right on my tail. I made a good run through Eau Rouge which saw me stay ahead by the end of the straight. I started to create a small gap when I heard Dek over the mic saying that there'd been some issues and we were going to restart the race. I was a little bummed that my great start would be in vain but if I could do it once I could do it again.

As we re-entered the race and saw we weren't in the right positions the rolling start was decided and formed. I made sure I was right up behind Blindman for the start and when we got going again I managed a good start again and followed Blindman around for a couple of laps, not wanting to push too hard too early. A few laps in Blindman got it sideways and went off into the wall and I passed by which saw me assume the lead. I pushed on and noticed behind me that Turbo was coming up fast. I didn't want to worry too much as it was very early in the race so tried to keep my calm and drove my own race, not pushing my tyres too hard early in the stint. My strategy was to pit at the end of lap 10 and take on RS tyres again, which I would then gtry for fastest lap and several hot laps to either catch leaders in front of me or increase the gap, should I have been in front.

Coming through lap 6 I was feeling good and the car was doing just what it had been in practice. Turbo looked to have a small incident coming out of Stavelot and I pushed on slowly making the first real gap of the race.
    Lap 7 began and I had a great run through turn 1 to a clear track ahead and before I knew it I was facing a black screen telling me I'd been DSC'd.
    The colourful language that went through my head I cannot repeat here but I was not a happy camper to put it mildly. It was still early in the race and anything could have happened but from the position I was in at the time I was feeling reasonably confident I would be right up there at the end - but it was not to be.

I jumped back online on the small chance the whole room had DSC'd and the race would be restarted but when I managed to get back on I saw the race was still going so I exited and called it a night. Not long after I saw Blindman's post in the shoutbox that he had also DSC'd, along with others from several divisions - yet more casualties from the PD servers. I felt bad for Blindman as this DSC may affect his championship standings so was thankful for my position.

Reflecting on my efforts this season, with a much cooler head than last night, I am pleased as punch with my performances and feel I have really improved throughout the season, in a car that was quick to pick you up for any small errors.

Congrats has to go out to Blindman and Turbo for their great efforts throughout the season and for pushing me as hard as they did. If you both manage to stay in Div 4 for next season then I look forward to reading about your (no doubt) epic battles ahead for season 3 - and if you happen to come up to Div 3 with me then I look forward to racing you again next season.

Thanks goes out to all Div 4 drivers for making my time there welcoming and fun and I look forward to mixing it with you guys again whenever we get the chance :)
  4. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    BTW, is someone from Div 4 able to do the news report for this week?
    I don't have the replay (thanks to the DSC) and I have a full week ahead with work commitments so it would be a struggle to get this done.

Sorry....
  5. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Well deserved championship Dave, well done. I sure hope Blindman and Turbo go to Div3 next year, but with my current Div 6 pace I don't think it will matter.:(
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  6. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    I got it mate
    Blindman and DekGT5mad like this.
  7. gentlemen jim

gentlemen jim Rookie

Thanks guys for last nights restart, I wanted a chance at the third place on the championship but Turbo was way to fast for me, good job Turbo and congratulations on your third place finish in the championship, also to Dave and Blindman. I hope you lot all move up a division and give me and others a chance of first place finish. Was happy with my race all went fairly close to plan except for the start. Have enjoyed the racing and think I've learnt abit. A big thanks to the guys who put the time in setting up the events and for race reports. Looking forward to next season racing.
  8. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    Congratulations to Dave on a very well deserved win. You were the standout driver all year and its shame you did not get the chance to contest the final. Good luck for next season. I think I'm off to div 6 with emmo. Thanks to all the organizers, reporters and everyone else involved with div 4. Well done boys.
    Ad2mny and DekGT5mad like this.
  9. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Congratulations to Disturboed for a good win, I can't believe he lapped me, there have been times where I have raced wheel to wheel with Turbo and Evil and now there lapping me??.
    I don't know if everyone else has got faster or I have got slower, hopefully next season's car will allow me to at least keep up with the pack.
    I qualified last but quickly made up places in both the original start and the restart. In the restart I climbed to 5th because of DSCs and others spinning, I was hoping to get among the good placing by doing a 3 stopper. That came unstuck when my right rear tyre touched a blade of grass and sent me spinning into the wall, two more spins trying to get this %$#%% car going again put me in a solid last. I carried on with my strategy and then noticed that Kart was on a four stopper and that I got ahead of him after he had pitted twice to my once, everybody else was able to pit and come out well ahead of me so I knew Kart was the only one in range. Before my second stop I had a quick spin again and Kart was ahead before I pitted. I needed to make up that distance.
    After we had completed all our stops Kart came out of the pits just ahead and it was a race to the finish. I tried as hard as I could but couldn't gain and I think I actually lost a little bit. But then he spun and I got ahead of him as he came back on track. I was then the hunted but he spun again on the run to the bus stop and that sealed last place for him. The only other interest I had was trying not to get lapped. Disto was more than half a lap ahead before half race distance so I knew I had to push. Unfortunately he got me and then I was pushing to keep ahead of 2nd placed Evil which I just managed.
    I am tentatively looking forward to next season, there are quicker guys than me that will be coming up from DIV 5 and maybe even from DIV 6 so unless the car suits me I wont be anywhere near the pointy end again.
  10. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  11. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    Woah....how close was 2nd and 3rd place in the championship!!!

Well done Blindman & Turbo and congrats :)

And Emmo, this is the best quote of the season:

Priceless! ;)

Thanks guys for seven fun and memorable Sunday nights (well, maybe make that six)!
  12. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Congrats Dave, on the championship.

[​IMG]

Well if you are feeling a little lost with no league race this coming Sunday never fear Clevo is here.

I am organising if you didn't already know the "Turtle Beach 400" it is 160 laps of pure adrenaline, and you thought the enduro last night was a test!

We are now running three rooms and have approx 15 spots left, team up with a buddy and have a blast, and maybe win a prize while you are at it!

Did you say prize? Why yes I did, our good friends at Turtle Beach have put up for grabs a PX21 headset valued at $119.95 rrp and I may have something else up my sleeves, but only if I get some more drivers ;)

So what are you waiting for and head over here: http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/event-6-07-turtle-beach-400.1065/ and get your name down if you haven't already.

[​IMG]
    DekGT5mad and Ad2mny like this.
  13. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    Hey emmo, I think we need to grab a whipper snipper and head over to Spa and trim of that blade of grass. While were at it we may as well do a couple of others I managed to find around the place. Like the chicane,Les Combes,Pouhon,Kemmell Straight,Courbe Paul Frere,Stavelot....bugger may as well do the whole track just in case we race there again next season.:cool:
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2014
  14. Blindman

Blindman Team Driver

PSN ID
    BLINDMANRACiNG
    Well what can I say my very first season of on line racing and I couldn't asked for anything more. Great bunch of people in the rooz organiseation to talk to practise and race with . Division 4 guys thank you very much for letting me race with you this season ! Well done to Turbo for taking out the final race of the season . Being computer,ps dumb I had to call my old mate rob aka kart no 1and introduced him to rooz to help me with the settings and getting up and running thanks mate. My final race for div4 started out well with pole over Doogle Dave ,any time you get pole over Dave you are pushing the limits thanks for the great races Dave and congrats on the div 4 championship . Kiwi was getting better every race and will be a force next season .ad2mny , molch , evil ,emmo, Dek ,going back through some of the replays you guys are tight great racing .and my old mate kart tou have your new wheel now and I know you are going to get a win next season just remember 4 beers is the magic # for sprint racing .cheers guys .race ya later BLINDMANRACING!
  15. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    oh wow, 1 point!! LOL, last night i was thinking i had stolen 2nd place in the championship from blindman by 1 point, but I forgot to add in his points for 9th placing!!

Once again, another great season guys. Well done everyone!
    DekGT5mad and Blindman like this.
  16. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    Had a good race,knew i didn't have the outright pace to outrun Dave,etc,so i worked on stopping for as short a time as possible,but unfortunately i was about 1litre short on each pitstop and ran out exiting Blanchimon,on the last lap while running P3. Did some pretty consistent stints which really pulled me up the order by the final stint,about 20secs behind 2nd,so without my spin in front of Ad,i might've been looking at P2(Too much looking behind,lol) I shouldn't have worried about him as i was at the end of my stint & Ad the beginning. Really enjoyed passing molch into Les Fagnes on lap26,a genuine outbraking pass that anyone would be proud of. Congrats to Dave on the championship & Turbo for the win. Look forward to Season 3!!!
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2014
    Blindman, Ad2mny and DoogleDave like this.
  17. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    If you hadn't run out of fuel you would have snatched my precious 8th place in the championship from me.;)
    Ad2mny likes this.