Cockpit Show us your Simulator Cockpit setup

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Systems & Troubleshooting' started by KoAStR, Jan 31, 2011.

1. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    and you have most settings on high? what sort of frame rate are you getting? is it easy to set up the GTX for 3 screens?
    so many questions! - sorry
  2. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Hey Joe, I'll take any chance have a rant :laugh:, I'm running a Gigabyte GTX-770 4Gb with an i7 3770k CPU (Stock), triples are 32" Soniq tv's @ 5760x1080res, the GTX card was a piece of piss to get triples running on, as long as you use the display port for one of the screens, I didn't have a display port to HDMI cable, but had a passive DP to HDMI adapter from my ATI 5750 days, which will do till I get a DP to HDMI cable, so no need for active adapters like before, not sure if ATI still need them to run triples :unsure:.
    As far as settings go, I run most of my settings in AC in the mid range, I don't see much difference in image quality from medium to high graphic settings, possibly due to the Tv's being low hertz, I'm waiting for the 32" 1440 res screens to drop to affordable prices :D. I'm not sure of my frame rates I haven't done any tests yet, haven't tested with any AI either to see how the 770 runs under load, I did read that they struggle to run triples, but Ive had no issues........ yet :cautious: :p

Cheers :D
    WAC likes this.
  3. WAC

PSN ID
    midnight here...been testing for a few hours now trying to work out what settings affect the frame rates and the conclusion is......f@%^ if i know! Read heaps on the AC forums. I had thought the 3GBVram of the R9 280x would be enough to get descent frames (i'm only after 60) but 24 x AI cars on track= 27 - 40fps.....10 x AI cars on track =same.
    Been watching the CPU resource manager and me ole i5 2500k might need a bit of a kick in the pants as it's running almost
    at 100% so that maybe causing an issue?
    time to sleep......
  4. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    reflections are frame rate killers, try putting reflection frequency on static and turning off smoke in mirrors+high quality mirror reflections helps
    WAC likes this.
  5. Driftoz

Driftoz Team Driver Gold Member

on max settings i get about 30fps on triple screen i bump it down to high for online racing which i get about 80fps, triple screen is super easy to setup just plug in the screens open nvidia control panel select suround gaming set bezel compensation settings and click enable
    WAC likes this.
  6. WAC

PSN ID
    Hmmm that was interesting....been racing online in Marty's room and with 15 cars on track i getting 45 - 60fps
    (which is all i ever wanted!)? didn't change any of my graphic's settings. so AI cars are more demanding on my setup than online cars? Yep..i don't understand lol but i'm happy enough atm.
    Was thinking of buying another R9 280x and crossfiring but heard the results were not that good and apparently my 4yr old MB won't let me do it.
  7. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    All your need to do now is drive mate, DRIVE! Hope to catch you on the track sometime soon, are you on teamspeak yet?
  8. WAC

PSN ID
    Drive it like you stole it! - you will find me in "Marty's" room - being organised out of AC forums.
    Teamspeak next on the list to sort out! hope to see you soon :)
    AJ.Scott likes this.
  9. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Good news Joe! Yea Marty's rooms are good when I've been in them. ;) See you in TS soon hopefully.
  10. Driftoz

Driftoz Team Driver Gold Member

martys rooms are now passworded which you have to PM him in AC forums prob good to get rid of the high ping and bad drivers. im still thinking of running my own server too as a 2nd rooz server at times.
  11. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    10 months old and he already has his race face on :)
    [​IMG]
    SuiCid3, stucar17, Ad2mny and 7 others like this.
  12. WAC

PSN ID
    Nice.....he doesn't yet realize the power of the T500....but he will! :) hold on!
    Easyprey007 and Cyber_STIG_77 like this.
  13. wookie_666

wookie_666 Rookie

My Current setup is a 55 inch sony full hd tv with G27 set. Getting the gtpro cockpit from pagnian in the next day or two. With the buttkicker gamer 2 in the next week or two. Ultimately, I want the clubsport wheel and pedal set with the 7 speed shifter. Also would love tripple 32's. Just funds stopping me now.[​IMG]
    SuiCid3, Anon666, SPL Racing and 4 others like this.
  14. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    nice, make sure when you order your stuff from Pagnian you let them know you are a ROOZ member. They may look after you a little more on $$ ;). Hess is the man to ask for.
  15. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    This was towards the end of last season I believe?
    Around 8 months here and knows how to use the shifter already lol
    S_CLOSE, Anon666, SPL Racing and 7 others like this.
  16. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    has someone been watching daddy race?
  17. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Yeah, let's hope he turns out better than his dad though lol
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  18. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I think we've already confirmed the winner of 2032's GT Academy lol
    SuiCid3 and Peter Wise like this.
  19. wookie_666

wookie_666 Rookie

Thanks Stucar but I ordered before joining and didn't know about this forum then. Will still try my luck.
  20. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    All good. Anything individual try your luck. With the bulk orders we look at we always get the Mods / Admins to contact and do any negotiation.