ACC ACC Setup Discussion

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Wally, Sep 14, 2019.

1. andyo450

andyo450 Team Driver Super ROOZ

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhFSHJFDC2uXkHwQX95OHZACoZVW?e=W9Qt4W

A bit of a setup I was working on in the R8 evo for Kyalami. The rear dampers are set criminally low in this thing which is the reason for that lazy low speed slide during turn in it seems to get. Stiffening them up ( probably at least 7-8 clicks at Kyalami, I went +12) seemed to help it massively on entry. Something to keep in mind for anyone running it in the upcoming season.

I don't know how it handles high fuel loads though.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhFSHJFDC2uXkH2HluJVj9U-W2a_?e=XOIpkD

One for the GTR. I think I've found a decent amount of speed in this one. It needs pretty heavy braking to get the thing to rotate. Stiffer front slow dampers help the heavy front end a fair bit. It seems to need stiffer rear slow rebound and softer rear slow bump as well. I don't think I tweaked to much else on it, maybe bumpstop ranges and some ride height changes but i can't remember. Again its only tested on low fuel.
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2020
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  2. Wally

Wally Team Driver

At Monza, the Audi feels very sluggish to turn in. There's not much to play with in the aero balance. I moved the balance a little forwards, but the rear got loose. What do you recommend for better turn in? More rearward brake bias?
  3. nanlatt

nanlatt ACC Server Legend Gold Member

Soften front anti roll bar?
  4. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

I have the same problem with the lexus - I have tried aero and roll bars with similar effects - when I get the turn in I want, somewhere else I get a loose rear. Gonna work on dampers tonight (stiffen rear, maybe soften front, soften front bumps to maybe help with the ascari)
  5. Wally

Wally Team Driver

I've tried that, and I think it helped a bit. I'll also try a stiffer roll bar. In other words, trial and error.
    nanlatt likes this.
  6. nanlatt

nanlatt ACC Server Legend Gold Member

That's pretty much what I'm doing in the GTR. Mostly error though....:)
  7. andyo450

andyo450 Team Driver Super ROOZ

Rear roll bar and spring rates can influence the front end as well. You could try going up on the low speed damping all round.
    Brake bias will help. I dont really understand the default brake bias on the audi. Its basically a porsche in terms or engine placement yet it runs ~64%. I wouldnt even think of going over 60 in it.

Running the nsx a while ago it was suffereing on turn in and to fix that i had to use a combination of softer front springs and a stiffer front roll bar.

Tyre pressures are also something you can play with. Higher pressures should increase the reactivity a bit, not talking much though +.2 or around that.
    Higher caster, more - toe at both ends, and lowering the bumpstop range at the front might work as well. Changing the rear toe more towards 0 will help straight line performance a tiny bit too.
    Wally and Rolz like this.
  8. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Good little summary and platform for making setup changes poached from the PS4 thread :)
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  9. JJ_Penguin

JJ_Penguin Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Actually @KoAStR i poached this from the PC forums! :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
    KoAStR and SteveDrivingSlowly like this.
  10. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Well good poach :D nice summary I thought. Despite not having much experience specifically in ACC it definitely matched my approach to many other elements in other sims.

The dampers thing was a lol! But understand where the author is coming from for a entry level guide. Definitely some value in tuning there if you understand what you're trying to achieve, which is usually more about consistency than outright pace - as they help you better control the transition between grip states. Like say you like your aero balance mid corner but are finding it's introduced lift-off oversteer, or throttle-on understeer, you may be able to correct that with damping adjustments without compromising ultimate mid corner grip qualities.
    Rolz likes this.
  11. JJ_Penguin

JJ_Penguin Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Good thing about the GTsport and Pcars league is it has default setup, you can rock up and be competitive. Most people don't have the time to tune a setup. I usually don't touch setup as I find it a bit daunting. At least with that video it gives a good starting point and doesn't take long to do. Gives a good lap time yield.
    The link at the start of this thread gives a good explanation of the suspension settings. That will take more time to do and sounds like you need a really good understanding of what your car is doing.
    I will be stealing that link too!
    KoAStR likes this.
  12. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Fixed setup is definitely a good formula, until you have dynamic track conditions and an interdependent tyre model ;)
    P.S. I liked the reminder about brake ducts influencing tyre temperature (not just brake temps) - I often forget that part :)
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2020