GT6 [CANCELLED] 2014 ROOZ Formula Gran Turismo World Championship

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by JonoStan96, Mar 22, 2014.

1. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
  2. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    How many people did use aids? Having made the decision to have terrible pace with NA and a bad setup, it would be knowing whether aids are actually essential. What does ASM do anyway?
  3. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Anti Spin Mechanism.

It makes the car feel very numb, but harder to spin. Not essential.
  4. zampli

zampli Team Driver

ASM as in active stability management.
    I don't think u need aids apart from abs.
    Crunch likes this.
  5. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    the most important thing you need is maximum front downforce the rear can be a little bit off max as well but that also has to be high, regardless of the track without the aero like that you will be seconds off the pace.
  6. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    #practicallearning
  7. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I tried to run with minimum aero, I was about 20 points up from standard at each end, I found adding more didn't increase my pace so didn't add to the max. I learnt a lesson that the car was too unpredicable last Friday and will now jack the aero up to max.
  8. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Is it allright if we vould start this weeks round a bit earlier, i have a night shift on this day at 10pm and would be really tight for time if we atart at 8:30pm.

I can host as well if you want, i already have everyone added.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  9. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Yeah man, this should be all good, providing we have none of the problems we had last week...
  10. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    I used 550 710, I remember. I guess the only round where downforce is actually fun to play with will be Monza, but somehow I actually think the 80s layout will render even that round pretty useless for ingenuity; the Lesmos get turned into long flowing corners that downforce thrives on, as opposed to unbanked, right angles that could get away with less aerodynamics.

Also some food for thought: what about changing the Monaco duration after we now find out that Indianapolis was 1 hour + and it was a killer... One hour is shorter than all the rounds. I wouldn't mind doing 2 hours at Monaco because it's more technical, and there should be more action and more cars to see.
  11. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    I'm going to play around with
    Monaco a bit more to see how the
    tyres hold up. I would like a 2 hour race but if it means pitting millions of times it's not worth it. GT6 tyre physics make no sense because low speed corners wear the tyres out more than high speed. In real life, Silverstone is probably the highest track for tyre wear, whereas for Monaco it's one of the lowest. But in GT6, it's the complete opposite.
  12. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Also i think Nurburgring would do much better with soft tyres only, the Schumacher S becomes much more drivable and the wear is equal to Mediums due to less spin.

For monaco, why not just have the traditional 78 laps?
  13. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Even Monza is faster with High Downforce then with low, the reason for this is the aero on this game does not give enough drag for a high Downforce setup so even though a a max DF setup will have lower top speed it is not proportional to the lack of corner speed loss from minimal Downforce.

Reality would tell you low downforce is common sense for monza as the speed difference in real from max to min Df would be about 50km/h at the lowest, where in GT6 it would be about 15km/h.
  14. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    No! Don't make the tyres any softer... I'd really like some harder compounds in the season.

I agree however, that 78 laps is a staple of Monte Carlo.

If you can go through the Schumacher S with full throttle on Mediums, then they're a good tyre. For that matter, if you can go full throttle on Hards, they're a good tyre.
  15. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    You can't go full throttle through that S with any tyre and any DF setup, and in Mediums and hards it requires you to brake which in turn triggers the Rev glitch which will spit you off the road unless you are extremely delicate, the Soft tyre is the only compound which allows you to go through the S fast enough to stop that being an issue, but is still miles away from full throttle.

This is more proof that GT6 Aero model makes no sense, this level of corner speed would be at an early 1990s level of downforce, yet you can go through Spa's Eau rouge flat without effort like 2000s era downforce.
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2014
    Crunch and OptimusAteMyBaby like this.
  16. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Go to 4:45:

Schumacher S was Flat even in 1995 lmao

a even better view, go to 26:26 easily flat in 1996:
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2014
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  17. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    The first race didn't seem like it was long enough.

So as a result, Monaco will be 78 laps, and Spa will be a two hour race. Nürburgring will become an RS/RM race.
  18. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    A great song to play pre race.
  19. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    @N64TheStig007
    Won't be able to race this Friday, I'm travelling to Sydney on Thursday and fly back late on Friday.
  20. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Fastboy could you take the spot?