GT6 [COMPLETED - 5/9/14-19/9/14] State of Origin Series III

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by JonoStan96, Aug 13, 2014.

?

What night should we race on?

Poll closed Aug 27, 2014.
  1. Friday nights

10 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Saturday nights

5 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    I like colours
  2. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    @Anon666 or @Mustafur
    Your state needs you......
    Maroon from the Ferrari 512BB if you can boys please.
    skywalker likes this.
  3. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
  4. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    QUEENSLANDER!
  5. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

DC was going alright having some good battles
  6. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    sorry guys at work, missed the opportunity lol.
  7. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Good race thanks guys, but geez, I wished I voted with Anon for a 90 minute race!

Congrats to Mint & podium, too quick.

Thanks for the series again Jono, great fun.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  8. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    unfortunately for me both my kids were waking up constantly most of last night so leaving the race was the least of my worries.
    But anyway, got a decent 1 lap for quali and started 5th(i think). The few laps I was in I managed to hold pace with those around me although had 2 questionable passes done on me which were accomplished with bumps/pushes.
    Still I think that with the longer race I could have pitted less than others and come out ahead.
  9. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    What a race. First off, a big thank you to @Anon6 for filling in for @skywalker .
    QLD had a decent qually result with the three of us lining up 3-5th. Opening laps and Jono and Mint were away leaving a massive and fun battle pack from 3rd all the way to 9th all swapping positions whenever the smallest of mistakes were made. The maroon cars held of the :alien: that is Warrior who had a bad qually and started a few spots behind us, for as long as we could. My race was dealt a huge blow when I ran wide coming down the hill in the last sector and had a massive slide that I just couldn't catch and ended up in a spin. This dropped me way back from the pack and spent the next lap deciding how I could regain some time. Was getting close to the Half hour mark, so I decided to pit early and get some fresh rubber and no fuel to try and put down some fast times and catch back up to the pack. and it worked:eek:. Was right on Stumbles bumper as he exited the pits and even though he had the new rubber, I'm assuming he had a heavier fuel load so could stay with him and even passed. From here till my second stop we were almost inseparable. great racing. But after the second stop I managed to pull a gap and had a lonely race to the flag. Over an hour just lapping by myself.:sleep: came home in fifth. Anon in 4th. and Fastboy an unlucky DC:thumbsdown:

Well done @warrior2167 on the title win, BJH ROC spot is now yours. Not surprisingly, he has made it into every one so far.

Well done to NSW as well. Had to happen sooner or later, but next season, the title will be coming back home!
    JonoStan96 and Stumbles like this.
  10. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Ahh, so that's why you were so quick, you came flying up and made the pass easy.
    I put in about 40 litres at the first stop, (my calculations were off, thought we were doing close to 100 laps). Had a ball in the first hour, but, same as you, was a bit lonely for the second hour.
    Went almost the entire race without a mistake, 3 laps from the end, had a massive slide in the corners before the front straight. I seemed to be keeping Warrior at bay (from getting lapped), but he was right on me after that, but unfortunately, he was lacking some of the go fast juice he needed for the final lap and had to make an emergency stop.

Thanks Jono, had a ball (and I was actually holding 3rd for a while there at the start). wish I had been available for the first 2 rounds.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  11. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    That was a marathon, no doubt. Well done to the top 3, Mint was in top form and is a QLD'er, so it's all good. Qual'd OK for having never driven the car and for having far too much fuel in my own system. Thought I'd go for a 2 stopper, but there were 3 compulsory stops - so that cost me a heap of time. Put in too much fuel at the first stop, but that didn't matter as from the 20 minute mark I was running solo. Managed to set up my PC so I could watch the footy, that kept me company until the last half hour. By then I'd sobered up and was struggling to keep the eyelids open. Good to see such a big turnout, hope the concept continues.

PS - You owe me one Luke.
    skywalker and t_b_williams like this.
  12. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Is anyone able to find out in which order people disconnected in? My replay freezes before I can even get to the logger screen.
  13. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I don't remember anyone dsc before I left so I am probably out first
  14. Stumbles

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    I'm about to have a quick look at the replay, will let you know.
  15. JonoStan96

PSN ID
  16. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    The first half hour to the first pit stop was very entertaining, I was the caboose to a freight train of about five squabbling drivers and couldn't quite muster enough pace to get among them even though I stayed glued to whoever was the last carriage in the train. The stupid AI stopped in the pit lane exit trying to get out of the pits past Gary in the last bay. That dropped me a little of the tail off the pack but I managed to stay on their pace but couldn't close the gap. I only spun once as I ran a touch wide coming on to pit straight just before my second stop. I took the second stop a lap earlier to avoid having to pass Gary again at the pit exit. The third and fourth stints were then very lonely as Gary and Stumbles ahead of me slowly inched their way off my map and I never had anybody threatening from behind. Perhaps the race was a tad long but I enjoyed the car and track combo.
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2014
  17. Stumbles

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Seth dropped out lap 5, Hatfield lap 6, then my replay froze as T_B went into the pits on lap 13
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  18. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Then after that it was colin, fastboy, Beau and WTF. Thanks mate.
  19. X-WTF_MAN-X

X-WTF_MAN-X Team Driver

PSN ID
    X-WTF_MAN-X
    Sorry if I let you down for stopping at halfway I just could not stay awake
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  20. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Then col then Fastboy I think.

Was amongst the action for about 3-4 laps then my teammate beau was coming up fast. I didn't want to lose too much time but I could see he was much faster and I was holding him up. I held it out a little wide in the final tunnel to leave room, but didn't adjust my exit speed for the wider line and ran off the track out of the tunnel. I backed off immediately and tried to get it turned back to the track before the first downhill right (which I managed to do fine 2 times later in the race without losing much time) but it did not wanna play ball, spinning out and putting me 2nd last. WTF must have had a fairly big moment sometime after the first stop not sure when, and we had some brilliant dices for a fair few laps, but he made a couple of little mistakes and I managed to pull ahead. He messaged after the second stop that he was too tired to race and parked up for a 15 min power nap, but was still sitting on the side of the track when I looked again after midnight lol. The rest of my race was just doing laps, trying to better my 1:41.8 but not succeeding. Mint rounded me near the end of my 3rd stint and Jono came up a couple of times but as he got within range for a pass he'd run off track or spin. Pretty sure I came across Anon as he lapped me at some stage but not sure when. It was frustrating because I could keep pretty good pace with them but still got lapped from off track excursions, bouncing off walls and running wide. My own fault I guess. Well done Mint, Jono and warrior.