GT6 [Completed] - 500PPJ Cruisin USA Coast to Coast

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by emmo46, Mar 2, 2016.

1. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    It was a good night, definitely the first street event I enjoyed for quite some time even with all the PSN issues.

The car felt good in race trim but still wasn't confident at all.

Laguna went well, considering what cars were on the grid I was surprised to score 3rd, could have been even better if I didn't run wide before the Corkscrew. I got alongside Slambo at the previous corner up the inside but turned in so early I thought we were having visibility issues. Still a 3rd was good enough.

Willow Springs was a disaster, I was fighting for the lead with Bob before were both had oversteer into turn 1, in my efforts to avoid the sliding RUF I was caught on the bumps and I fell backwards from there.

Indy was a great track for the car, and it ended up being a very easy win. Even if I started in my original spot I still think the car's straight line speed would have been enough to win. My PB lap must have been pretty solid, even with half a bottle of N2O to spare on the final lap, I still didn't beat my PB!

Daytona was fun, the extra 40 odd kg I chucked into the front made the car more balanced, and now I think it's actually faster at 490pp than 495/500. As usual I dsc'd at race end so I had no replay, but I'm 100% sure I increased my lead over Hat on the final lap, and I improved my FL from what I believe was a 58.7 to a low 57. I'm happy to be proved wrong, Hat deserves the overall win more than me for being up front at every race.
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Yeah that was epic. I wanted to race you hard and we sure did that. I made sure to close every gap and keep every apex as the corners were your advantage. I thought about nossing to keep you behind on the last overtake but I wouldn't have had any for the last lap.
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I don't think I have the replay. I thought with emmo watching that it was all sorted.
  4. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    My observation was that Jono did drop into the 57s on the last lap from his previous 58 but that hatfield dropped that a few 10ths more on his last lap. I was watching via the binoculars and toggling from car to car and am confident that I got it right but have no evidence. If someone saved the replay and can confirm that would be a good thing because there is an outright win at stake here.
  5. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF

The battles were great, I almost enjoyed it as much as you did. I am frustrated at myself, however, for making silly mistakes at Laguna and Daytona.
  6. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
    @Hatfield by a tenth.
    Hatfield and emmo46 like this.
  7. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Thanks Bob.:thumbsup:
    B-Spec Bob likes this.
  8. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  9. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Well done man
  10. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    honestly I got lucky. Yes I had to drive well to finish where I did, but, if bryan didn't spin at laguna or emmo hadn't dsc and beat me at daytona, or randm spin at daytona or a bunch of other variables, you would have it by a couple points I reckon
  11. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    If I'd finished 2nd behind Jono (most likely result) and ahead of you it would have given Jono the win for the night. I have the belief that I could have beaten Jono though and that would have given you the win. I didn't spin on my own at all last night except after I was turned around at Willow my dirty tyres made the beast undrivable for a lap and I actually ended up in the pits by mistake after a wi-i-i-de exit from the last corner. So I reckon I could have gotten through the Daytona race without an off and would have given Jono a run for the money. As I said before the RX7 is a rocket on long straights. When we ran at SSRX it was faster at 580PP than my Ford GT at 600pp.:confused: It doesn't do so well at Indy road because the really tight switch back esses kills it.