GT6 [Completed] FR FIGHTERS

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by t_b_williams, Mar 20, 2014.

1. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    still good. see ya there.
  2. bjh1012

bjh1012 Bruce Hale Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    bjh1012
    Yea me to
  3. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    Looking forward to it :)
  4. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Yup, I'll be there (as long as the "handbrake" gives me a break. Been on 10 days holiday, wanna go back to work now to have a rest.).
  5. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

I'll be there looking forward to unleashing the beamer on those RX7 touring cars.
    t_b_williams likes this.
  6. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    tb ill run to fill numbers ill run the silvia to make it 2-2 number 97 colour idk yet justr tell me times dor the session and ill see you there :)
  7. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I thought it was tonight for some reason, I can't make it tomorrow. Disappointed too because I had good pace in testing :(
  8. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Pretty sure I'll be home by 8.30...
  9. Molch

Molch Rookie

PSN ID
    Molch_82
    Sorry everyone I can't make it tonight either. Other halve has is booked into a neighbours 40th which I forgot about.
    Damn it, Was looking forward to this race after the FF race was such close racing.
  10. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Sorry to see you miss out mate, but keep an eye out. I was planning to revisit the FF format but with faster cars, but I'm thinking I'll do the full round of drive lines with MR being next. Once I get through them all, we'll go back through and do it all again but with faster cars.

Unlucky mate. See you for the next one???

Will add you to the list mate. Race start will be at 8:30 Should have the room open before then.
  11. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    copy that see you then
  12. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    How did the race go fellas? Did PD :):):):) you guys around like last night?
  13. COME_AND_GET_ME7

It was brilliant no major lag at all.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  14. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Had a few issues at the start with motorsport unable to join, then tb having problems in the second race trying to rejoin lol
    Otherwise, no lag and pretty tight racing all round!

Grand Valley East
    upload_2014-4-26_23-15-24.png

Silverstone International
    upload_2014-4-26_23-0-16.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 26, 2014
  15. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Fastest laps at Grand Valley is VERY impressive.
    Nice work on car selection TB!
  16. COME_AND_GET_ME7

Wait your telling me bj was in the silverstone race?? I only had 8 on screen, i hope there was no major glitches at the start seen by those who could see both of us.
  17. bjh1012

bjh1012 Bruce Hale Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    bjh1012
    I did not have a prob apart from my bad driving:)
  18. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Great racing tonight guys, great car selection too, so frustrating catching the car in front through the corners only to watch him drive away on the straights though... lol.

Well done CAGMe, only the one mistake on GVE, you're lucky I gifted 3rd place back to you :).

I managed to throw away 3rd in that first race as I was catching TB, I was gaining about 3/4 of a second to ranoken every lap, got down to about 7 seconds with 10 to go and screwed up at the left handler before the tunnel.

Then I spun in race 2 from second place from right up TB's tailpipe, fell back to last and the race was over.

Great fun, thanks for running it TB, if the next one is on a weekend, I'll jump in for sure.
    COME_AND_GET_ME7 and SuiCid3 like this.
  19. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    That was alot of fun, some very good racing and a great mix of cars.
    Race 1 was disappointing for me after getting shut out lap 1 turn 1 and went off track and spun out, instantly falling back to last place and ending any chance of a reasonable position. I tried to put in clean laps in the hope of pulling back a few positions and managed to pick up a couple and found myself behind Emmo and Anon. We kept each other honest for a few laps then I made a mistake and spun the car, losing ground (again).
    I put my head down and pushed on, determined to try and catch tem back again. With a few laps to go Emmo and Anon caught each other up which allowed me to get back on their tails. Anon and I had a great, battle for a few laps until I went in too hot (trying to get around the outside of Anon - I really should know better than that), and lost control, hitting the wall and losing ground again.
    I felt I had the pace to run higher up in the field on this track but it wasn't to be tonight.

Race 2 at Grand Valley Internationalwas much better. I started in 2nd position off the line though my starts leave alot to be desired and i think I was 5th or 6th by the 1st turn. After a lap or two I dropped back to about 8th but kept pushing hard and hitting my markers and eventually made up some ground and places.
    From mid race I was running in 4th and then 3rd with Scotty right on my tail. I'd slightly get away and then he'd reel me back in (lap after lap) and with a couple of laps to go I was slowly catching TB who was running in 2nd. Down the back straight I caugt up on TB and coming into the final chicane All three of us were bumper to bumper.
    Unfortuantely a little bumping occured under brakes going through the last turn which unsettled TB slightly and as Scotty and I got the power down leading into the final straight we both managed to pass TB, with only 0.020 sec between us as we crossed the line.

I still have a LONG way to go to be anywhere close to semi-competitive with the faster guys (who ARE aliens, i am sure of it now), but I feel myself slowly improving so hopefully with more race experience and lots more practice I can eventually become a half-decent driver.

I think the thing I like the most about these events is that you get to run on track with guys faster than you and you can see just how its done....even though sometimes aliens make mistakes, they have the ability to turn it up a notch and move back through the field and gain ground again on the leaders.
    bjh1012 likes this.
  20. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Thanks for making the event what it was guys. Am very happy as same as last time (ff fanatics) the car were really balanced nicely between the Divisions.

Official points results:-
    1. CAGM -------40 + bonus point for fastest lap race 2 = 41
    2. Ranoken-----33 + bonus point for pole race 1 =34
    3. t_b_williams-30
    4. smokinscotty--25
    5. Stumbles-------22 + bonus point for fastest lap race 1 = 23
    6. Doogledave---22
    7. Anon666-------12
    8. Emmo46-------10
    9. BJH--------------6
    Started working on the next one already. MR's with somewhere around 450 - 500pp