GT6 [COMPLETED] Mini's on The Mountain

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Ad2mny, Jun 4, 2014.

1. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Sunday arvo maybe. Can't do Saturday as I'll be down the coast buying a new car. Hopefully, if they come to the party on price.
  2. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    If Sunday is a no go then maybe we can have it Thursday. I'll be abandoning the world tour after all the no shows tonight.
  3. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    :( and not just because I'm leading either, was looking forward to the rocket, even though it is an understeering POS its still good fun to drive.
  4. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Yeah, either of those will be ok for me. Stumbles will be feeling a bit sick by Thursday I reckon, will need the day off of work.
    Stumbles likes this.
  5. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Thursday is fine by me if that is the way things go.
  6. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    I can do Sunday day or Thursday night. I'm not gonna start an official vote, but everyone interested please just put Sunday or Thursday in this thread, and I will count them up. If we can't get at least 6-7 to agree on a particular day I'm gonna call this series as it stands. It's starting to stretch out a bit and people will start getting sick of hearing about it I'm sure.

Ok so it will be a single race. 15 laps around Eiger short track. It's gonna be fun on the bun around there. If it's Sunday, event room will open at around 6.30pm. (Maybe little earlier). The race should be done with by 7.30ish so we can jump straight into our mx5's and head over. If Thursday, regular league times.

This will sort this out once and for all, race or no race.
  7. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I would prefer Thursday
  8. garyw61

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
  9. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Prefer Thursday. But happy to do sunday.
  10. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
  11. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

I can do either but would prefer sunday
  12. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Ok final event cancelled.

I missed the first round, but aside from the connection/psn issues I heard it was great fun, and I know for a fact the second round (especially race 2) was awesome. I think these things have another event in them for sure. I will try squeeze another event in between seasons again as I know it's a popular event, if it can be run on the weekend.

Will have to do some research to see who takes the title so @t_b_williams can add the winner to the ROC.

Cheers for participating.
    COME_AND_GET_ME7 likes this.
  13. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

C'mon @t_b_williams tell me those words I want to hear ;)

Thanks @Ad2mny was great fun minus the network issues in race 1
    Ad2mny likes this.
  14. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Lol. Will get onto that. Been slack getting the numbers as that particular replay is on my old PS3.
    I'll be in touch Jamie with those times so you can work out an overall champ.
    Ad2mny likes this.
  15. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Pity this one faded Ad's. I just didn't know what date I could possibly commit to. I was hoping you guys would decide on something, then see how the cookie crumbled. Thanks very much for organising it, I know I had a lot of fun and it is a concept we must revisit at some point.
    garyw61, Ad2mny and t_b_williams like this.
  16. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    The start of the league races killed it I'm afraid. Sunday nights are the best for any event pre/post league I think. Also one offs work well. All good we'll revisit.
  17. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Here are the combined times for round one in the room I was in

cagm - 52.11.442
    Doogledave - 52:23.177
    Anon - 52:30.320
    S_Close - 52:50.960
    S54VED - 53:13.268
    Colin-50 - 55:36.429
    emmo46 - 55:37.645
    Ad2mny likes this.
  18. garyw61

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Was great fun thanks Ads.

I believe this would make a great one-off event between seasons.
    Ad2mny likes this.
  19. colin-50_

colin-50_ Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    colin-50_
  20. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    It seems as though the multi-week events grab people's interest but after one or two rounds the numbers begin to fade.
    Not sure if this is something that has always happened or if it is just a recent thing but I wonder if perhaps more "one'-off" events might prove more popular/successful?

Even if it were a case of shorter races but multiple tracks on the same night, so the event is completed all on the same day.

Just a thought. It just seems such a shame that people go to the trouble of putting together these events and then interest drops and the series ends up getting cancelled.

Recent examples off the top of my head would be:
    - FGT series
    - Div 4-6 series
    - Mini's on the mount (which was extended from a one-off event I believe)

Have we ever thought about polling ROOZ members to find out what events they are most interested in, which days work best, and are people generally interested in weekly events (other than the Sunday league) or more one-off events they know they can commit to (as it is only on the one day).

I assume that a number of people here are also playing the likes of AC, iRacing, Pcars etc which when factored into the mix may account for why interest/numbers vary so much.

Lastly, has there ever been any events run here at ROOZ that don't demand "live" participation (such as a ROOZ seasonal event)?
    A track and car is selected (just like the GT6 seasonals) and members are free to run this at their own leisure (either strictly offline or online), with their time posted? Of course this would need to be an honour system but I'm sure we could either submit photo evidence and/or submit replays to verify the time. Something like this may see more participation as members could run this whenever they have the time instead of being available at a set time. Just a thought...

I am also wondering what will happen when Project Cars is released, as it seems many members will jump on this - but on varying platforms (some on PS4, some on PC, some on Xbox), which will obviously split the community. Have any discussions occured "out the back" with the mods as to what this might mean for ROOZ?
    I know personally I am already fed up with GT6/PSN glitches and am contemplating a PC build for the likes of Pcars, AC or iRacing. Should that happen I may or may not frequent the ROOZ GT6 league as it may be too hard to juggle so much driving in with "real life"....though I very much enjoy the community spirit of the league and all the weekly practice sessions (that would be VERY hard to give up).
    skywalker likes this.