AC Conversion CalderPark

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Tovey_4saken, Sep 2, 2014.

1. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    What a right royal PITA, so close yet so far. :cry:
    Worth popping a post on the AC modding forums? someone may of suffered the same incompetence in a similar conversion. Just a thought :D

Cheers
  2. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    alrighty guys i worked out the prop issue its a complete #@$% around to do it but it gets them in so ive placed a ambo in there and one 3d character without skins to see how they go if fps drops so on increased pitlane width to real 2014 size and a raggered low poly hill trying to work out a way to make it look nice lol so if i can get these spawn cubes to work for me v0.02 shall be up by tomorrow :)
  3. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    2 sleepless nights and here we are again
    V0.02 of calder wider pit,new textures,place holder hills
    known issues:car can sometimes get caught on pit wall not sure why?
    and all shadows have vanished from the editor messing up and sky is to bright thats on ac's end not mine though
    so hopefully they fix this editor soon because it is a pile of :poop:

all cars spawn correctly in race and prac once again give it a shot and let us know :)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/gtosm08gxlc5t4e/CalderPark.7z
  4. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Downloaded, will set it up later for a squirt mate, might even have a play with a vid for it, if I ever work out how it's all done that is, this editing stuff has knobs on it, not my cup of tea that's for sure.

Cheers
    Tovey_4saken likes this.
  5. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    Sounds good hope the layout feels good :D hey if a numb skull like me can get a track into ac with no knowledge im sure you could whip out a fine edit :) just tweak them knobs see what happens :roflmao: haha
    AJ.Scott likes this.
  6. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    Im keen to give this track a go as well.
    The first version I downloaded didnt work for me Tovey - kept coming up saying Track not found - and then went back to mai n menu...but I'll give this new version a go and see if it works for me.

Strange as I have other custom tracks working fine - though I couldn't get the Top Gear track to show up in the game at all.
    At least Calder park shows up in the list, it just doesn't load. Albert park works perfectly fine though...
  7. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    bugger really? thats an odd one must of been something missing? as for top gear you have to open the track folder go to the ui folder open the ui_track.json in note pad and where it has track name : ""Top Gear"" needs to be changed to "TopGear"
    if that doesnt work in the same folder copy over a load screen pic from another tracks ui and place it in top gears ui :D

Hope this help's
  8. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    Hmmm...I'll give that a go tonight - cheers :thumbsup:
    Tovey_4saken likes this.
  9. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Can only try mate, if i screw it up, I'll get the young fella on to it lol, he's a guru with this stuff, probably charge me a fee too :roflmao:
  10. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Hmmm, 1st observations......AWESOME :D:thumbsup::D love it, couple of jaggies on the horizon when ya come over the rise that need smoothing but thats no biggy I guess, track surface seems a little too dark but that's more personal preference. Love the fact the sand trap arrests the car so fast, but ya can still drive out sure it cost you time, but that's motorsport eh!! the grass is great too, least you don't go skating all over the shop pirouetting everywhere when trying to get back on track or when getting 2 wheels on the grass, it's mint mate :thumbsup:, all tracks should be this way ;) .

One issue I have found is with mod cars, they don't seem to ride as well as Kunos cars. Tried the GP2 and the default had the back end scrapping the deck and it was so bumpy I was unable to go flat out as the car would hit a bump and launch lol, had similar problems with the Cobra SC, BMW GT2 was fine as was the Xbow, no drag and nice and smooth.
    Didn't get a Vid yet sorry.

Cheers
  11. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    I guess the difference with the Kunos cars is that they have developers who solely deal with their physics engines every day that program their cars and know exactly what they're doing, where the custom cars being created are just AC fans having a go to replicate their favourite cars (some better than others).....just like Tovey is doing with his track.

Its still great fun trying our the mods to find the good ones that work.
    Albert Park isn't perfect but its great fun to drive around.
    I'm looking forward to the Spa track release and am also thinking about downloading and trying the La Sarthe and Laguna Seca tracks to see how they go.

The Bathurst one that is out at present isn't bad but the bumps through The Chase are shocking and really need to be fixed.
    AJ.Scott likes this.
  12. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    cheers mate :D yeah ive still got alot of stuff to smooth out those hill in back section will be redone properly they are just markers for where i put them.road darkness!! i know :laugh: i changed the brightness 50 times either way too bright or dark cant get that inbetween yet.bugger about mod cars :eek: i have no idea at all how to fix that? very strange
  13. xStatic

xStatic New Recruit

Hey! I'm super interested to try your conversion of the track :D

But the file share websites links have expired, any chance you could rehost it somewhere?

Would be so grateful!
  14. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    Sorry mate I no longer have the files I stopped working on the conversion because the track was just no where near accurate enough and very low poly so then I proceeded to work on a scratch made version but have hit a stump with elevation data and track measurements but will continue further work on this later through the year with the help of race track builder to see elevation changes in realtime and also visiting the track to take photo's my plan is to try and map out all of calder park including thunderdome with as much detail as possible and hopefully complete accuracy but for right now I've just been collecting textures and learning new baking methods to really bring this track to life
  15. xStatic

xStatic New Recruit

All good :)

Would love to have a blat or two when its done, really appreciate your work!