AC Conversion CalderPark

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Tovey_4saken, Sep 2, 2014.

1. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    Hi guys after hours of pulling my hair out and coffee and nicotine injections,I have converted calder park from Rfactor to AC.
    please note i did not have the mouse nor the skill to create from scratch even after more attempt's then i'd like to admit so all credit goes to the original owners back in 2001 where ever they are o_O so in saying that i wish to keep this among Rooz

This is the first version so most textures can be ignored because i will be changing them this here is all about track feel width so on :D
    so please let me know what you like and don't like or suggestions so i can shape this track up to something amazing :)

http://www28.zippyshare.com/v/62256660/file.html 13-14 pit boxs can't remember and lap counter works spot on :)
    password for zip is the same password for Rooz AC server but no caps Thankyou :thumbsup:
    AJ.Scott, Anon666 and DoogleDave like this.
  2. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    Good one Tovey. I look forward to giving this one a crack.
  3. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    Cheers mate let me know if anything goes wrong with downloading the file never used zippyshare before lol
  4. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Awesome mate, will give it a run, let ya know tomorrow how it went :)
    Tovey_4saken likes this.
  5. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    cool i think it might need to go wider again but im just not sure also all that fencing and nonsense will be replaced and the grass and that back section to enter pit because they are not even close to the real thing at all lol :roflmao:
  6. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Hey Tovey, i had a run on Calder but had some issues getting some power down, I was in the 312T and the rear left just spins up, I took a few snaps so you could see what I meant, just need to look into the rear view mirror image, the other thing that I had was my CSW F1 wheel was constantly rumbling/Vibrating, and whereas this would make a female very happy :whistling: it had no affect on me at all :roflmao: :D, but yes the track looks wide enough at some points but not others, any chance you could get a good google image, or maybe there's a wiki on Calder that has the track specs?

Look in the mirror the black mark is my left tyre spinning up.
    [​IMG]
    Smoking!!
    [​IMG]
    Top gear, foot flat, redlining @ 60k's, also take note of tyre temps, hehehe biggest burnout Ive ever done.
    [​IMG]
    Not sure what this was about but if ya want me to test a AC default car I can, actually what car/cars have you used?

Cheers
  7. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    bummer haha the spawn cube must be .3mm too low for the 312 its the lowest of the cars so rear left wheel would be slightly in the mesh.super simple fix though the bmw gt2 was my test car for this version every other one i used the 312 so i wouldnt get this issue but yep oops lol :laugh: as for the vibration i dont get any through my wheel unless on grass or sand but because 312's wheel was in ground could be why? :roflmao: i have grabbed a heap of ref images to overhaul everything i think the main straight and pit is spot on where as the others seem a bit tight cant seem to find width in google only length of whole track.

i'll work it all out though cheers for the test run sorry about the wheel and vibration lol :roflmao:
  8. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    All good Ryan, sounds like the wheel vibration was as you said, tried different car, no issues.
    Like I said the width seems fine to me, the only other issue I remember from the rFactor track was, the pit lane was too narrow so you hit the wall when exiting your pit box, unless you dumped it of course.

I have some apps that I acquired when I was messing with bobs track builder back in the day, I'll check em out as I'm sure there was an app that let you measure elevations, track width etc etc, let ya know what I find, might come in handy :)

Cheers
    Tovey_4saken likes this.
  9. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    yeah i remember that it'd drive me bloody insane haha but for this one when you spawn in pit you're facing forward in the left lane of pits not facing the pit wall :) yeah that sounds super handy more i can find out the better :D
  10. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    Tovey,
    I wonder if you contacted Calder Park and told them what you were doing they might be able to provide you with dimensions, track info, etc?
    Free advertisement for their circuit in a major sim game might get their interest up to help you out with the info you need.

Who knows, if the track was free they might even let you walk around the track to take a closer look/take some photos etc.
    I guess it depends on how far you want to go with the project.

Just a thought...
    AJ.Scott likes this.
  11. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    @Tovey_4saken
    I checked out that software, it's called TopoFusion and it's GPS mapping software, the versions I have are ancient demo's here's a link
    They have a v5 demo available, and you can D/L the user manual to see if it is of any use to you.
    Hope its helpfull :)

Cheers
    Tovey_4saken likes this.
  12. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    they are pretty tight up the butt couldn't even get a $5 refund on a ticket i got to see the drifts which couldnt see anything because of all the merch stalls :mad: even the vic drift guys were pissed about it all lol.

i know if i had $1,500 i can book the track for couple hours then if i had the gear and the know how i could drive the track and laserscan and get gps point data down to a tee but thats alot of dosh for a mod track lol :roflmao: also i dont have any 3d skill im just winging this whole thing haha in the hopes something driveable comes out the other end :thumbsup:
  13. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    cheers mate hopefully i can work it all out and get everything where it needs to be i increased width again and it feels great still think it might be off and now only the lotus 2 eleven works haha these spawn cubes will be the death of me haha they say 2m high well im up to 3m and some cars still are missing a wheel chucked them up to 5m then cars couldnt spawn at all.but i'll work it out :thumbsup:
  14. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    checked out topo couldn't seem to get any maps over calder :confused: i could get street view and 2d things but once i clicked 3d it would either fail the download of the map or give me a very sketchy height map that seemed questionable lol i had same trouble last time wit geotag thinking calder straight was a death drop to hell then back up lol :roflmao: ive got some good video refs and google earth shots so ill have to guestimate width from what i can tell its 3 and a half car widths which is what ive got now and length is 3.2 km all up with pit lane road its self is going good outer track is missing all the hills and stands which i know those stands well from my back pain :roflmao: and the fences are wrong only pit lane has fencing and sand traps need to be merged with road :) then from there i have 3d grass ready to go in and some new textures then ill up the tri count where needed to make it as high res as i can then its all set :thumbsup: sounds so easy but thats about a months worth there lol
  15. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
  16. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Looking good mate, shame your having all that drama with the spawn cubes, if there's anything I can do to help just Holla :thumbsup:
  17. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    yeah its the strangest thing ever lol wish they would use a car when in the editor to set them instead of me putting a cube 8 ft in the air in blender then doing all my shading and textures in ac editor starting game 2 hours later to find that car doesnt spawn so then having to go back to the start :roflmao: down right :poop: haha.

feels great now :D just had a big run couldn't help but drift the turns just too much fun haha where as before it felt like a hill climb now ive packed her up and jumping on the server too pinch a few extra prac laps in
  18. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Hows it coming mate, Im starting to have withdrawals from not turning laps on my fav Oz track, lol.
  19. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    i have all the placements of things worked out and everything i need to finsh it just trying to recreate the hills around the back section without going over budget of 60,000 tri's which is very difficult so i need to find a way to add them in but keep them as low poly as possible track wise it;s 90% there just have to fix pit lane entrance the original is really in bad shape and far from the real thing so hopefully soon it will be a wrap :)
    AJ.Scott and Anon666 like this.
  20. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    okay things wont be so simple blender is being a complete dog and doing my head in grrrr :mad: i have thousands of grandstands props people 3d and 2d and even a ambo but blender wont seem to let me resize any of these object's this track has been a head ache since day one who ever made this never seemed to join any of the verts together so if i say want to resize a wall for instance i have to resize each side separately because all four are not clickable to edit at the sametime :speechless:
    so i can't seem to finsh off the hill's the stands the people the walls and pitlanes width,its a ten second job if blender just stops being a dingle and works with me.but at the moment im stuck and frustrated :(