Division 1 Season 8

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jun 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    In div 2 guys I am going to see how many show to work out if I need to reschedule to next week.

Few guys out with fathers day, it won't hurt to reschedule, see how you go.

Stu.
  2. ENFORCER_98

ENFORCER_98 Lead Foot Boffin

PSN ID
    ENFORCER_98
    wooohooo wow guys what a season it has been... thanks everyone for making it so enjoyable thanks to aussie blue and cyber for keeping me on my feet... i feel sorry for the boys because the car came back on a towtruck after the race they put a new engine in it and i was out doing celebrations and i may have hit the wall a few times lol.... but yer epic race guys my race was a bit carnage filled but at least i fought the urge to give up i stuck it out to the end congratulations to aussie and chev who are runners up and looking forward to next season
  3. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Congrats E, Aussie, Chev on a season well fought ;)
  4. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Well done guys. Another season dusted. Congrats to E on his first trophy! What a massive turn around for you since last season mate, it's been a pleasure racing with you this time around. Well done also to Aussie on his debut Div 1 performance. It has been pretty close most of the season, especially for 2nd and 3rd. Aussie, with those consistant drives you managed to hold off Blue for the 3rd spot on the podium, no small feat indeed!

Special mention to Cyber as well. Your wins in the first and final rounds were dominant, it's a shame your form slumped in the middle of the season though, you could have been right up there!

Thanks to Tek for hosting this season for Div 1, the rooms always seemed very stable with little to no lag.

After a successful Div 1 career of 1 championship win, 2 runners-up, and a 3rd, I think it is time for me to hang up the gloves. I will still be around running in the other events and such, but won't be taking part in the main league anymore. Thanks to all the guys I've raced with for the fun times and white knuckle excitement. I'll probably end up getting back into iracing at some stage, but will see what happens. See ya round fellas.
  5. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

That is a pretty big bombshell chev your one of the top drivers. There some new blood moving into Div 1 this season so there might be a challenge there if you feel inclined.....either way been tops racing against you.
  6. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Cheers Tek. I'm still having fun racing in the league and all, but I think it's time I moved on. As you say, there is new blood coming into the division, so I think it's time for some of the old blood to move along. I'll still be around, racing in the other minor series and such.
  7. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Never say never Chev. I'm looking forward to locking horns again soon. You never know when the next DTM series will be...
  8. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Yeah Anon, I'm looking forward to it!
  9. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    That's a shame chev, it's never good to see one of the more competitive drivers hang up the gloves as you put it. You could always try to match beau's 2 div 1 championships if you need something to aim for.
    Regarding the mid season slump, I just had a lot on my plate at work and had very little practice for 3 or 4 rounds. I was very disappointed with my mid season but that just leaves room for improvement and work permitting will try to be more consistent next season.
    I'll see ya on track in the supercar series, hopefully in my mirrors lol
  10. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

I already consider my career to be more successful than Beau's tbh, I've been racing longer after all. Cheers though Cyber, I'll see ya on track.
  11. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    CHEV !!!!! WTF !!!!!

Shame mate, as the other guys said was a bit of a shock to read that. Was thinking (hoping) you would stay and try to resume your place at the top of the ladder in div 1.

Been good doing the series and prac with you mate. Hopefully you see the light (and what car we pick) for season 9 and that might entice you to stay.

Will catch up in a prac room one night mate, or for your series if i get a gig.

Cheers
    Stu
  12. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Stu, It would have to be the most awesome car to get me back mate lol. Yeah, i'll see you around.
  13. MrTopCat

MrTopCat New Recruit

Congrats E, great championship win buddy. Also to Chev and Aussie, up the top there.
    Its been a tough season for me. Not my ideal car to start Div 1 in but a podium and a fastest lap was rewarding.
    Had some wicked battles too, mostly with the-Stig, both on track and in the c'ship.
    Thanks guys, lookin forward to next season.
  14. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    It's too bad you feel like sittin out Chev, with the likes of Warrior joining for season 9 I reckon you would've had some bloody good racing going on, I struggled to keep up this season purely because I just can't commit the sort of time to practicing as the leaders of the pack tend to, the one week I did put in the effort I narrowly missed out on the win, it's just aswell bubs is due in 5 weeks tbh because I really feel the need for a break from GT5, the serious stuff anyway, still very much looking forward to the supercar series, but yeah, at this point I'd say I'll be sitting out season 9, if I can't find the time to practice now, imagine how miserable my performances will become once the new addition arrives :eek: Will definately be watching to see what happens with Warrior joining the fray, could well be another Jezza!

See you in season 10 Chev! :p
  15. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

With lots going on, and my series coming up, I just can't manage to get the practice in that I'd like. I'm not one of those guys who can be quick after only 5 minutes practice. Just like you, Snake, I can't commit the time to doing the practice required to stay up the front, and if I'm not at least competitive I don't really see the point in racing. I think it's time to move on.
  16. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Yeah it's tough to keep up when most of the front runners are on every night practicing, and lets be honest, in div 1, we're a competitive bunch, we all want to win, and when we're not doing well we lose our drive to compete, well, I do anyway, and knowing that I'm going to struggle to find any free time at all soon, I just don't see the point of turning up to a race in which I know I'm gonna get my arse whooped! Not taking away from any of the guys who can find the time to turn laps, hell, if I could I'd be there every night too! Having said this, I'll definately be looking to get back into it for season 10, hopefully I'll be able to put in more of an effort then.
  17. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    Round 7 Fuji (F) Race Results

01 Cyber_STIG_77 Well done :cool:
    02 aussie_man21 ^* Fastest Forum Clown ROOZ has :p
    03 MrTopCat74
    04 Chevwah
    05 thestig-13
    06 tekNiqueAU
    07 ENFORCER_98
    08 NOS_Neishy
    09 blueyonder-666-
  18. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    Round 7 Fuji (F) Fastest Laps

04 1:51.121 aussie_man21 ^*
    03 1:51.362 Cyber_STIG_77
    08 1:51.508 blueyonder-666-
    02 1:51.649 ENFORCER_98
    10 1:51.666 MrTopCat74
    01 1:51.827 Chevwah
    07 1:51.911 tekNiqueAU
    11 1:51.952 NOS_Neishy
    06 1:52.047 thestig-13
  19. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    S8 Div 1 Final Championship Standings

Congrats Podium. Congrats Cyber, lifting your result to 'best-of-the-rest' with that final round win.
    Check your points, any issues let me know. Cheers.
  20. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Well done Enforcer, good championship win and by all reports a good respectful drive. Well done to Chev for second and Aussie for third.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.