Division 1 Season 9

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by aussie_man21, Sep 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Storms still floating around these parts, internet has been cutting in and out for the last 24 hours - it seems the modem keeps losing the signal, although it stays on?? I'll be there, but I may not be around for long...
  2. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

I won't be making it to the race tonight fellas, have a good one for me!
  3. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Pity Chev, you would have done well. I had a shocker, limited practice and then went into the corner before the first big straight a bit too gently and earned a rear-ender and some wall time. A few laps later coming out of the second chicane and the car went from pointing forwards to sideways, bit more wall time. Kept it clean for a bit, then changed to softs for the last 6 laps and after changing the rears it went ding and faded away, noooooooo. Got 3 laps on the softs before running out. Would have finished a distant last if not for Aussie's altered state.

I may or may not be around for the last few rounds. I'm helping out with running the Pagnian Comp and what limited free time I have I will be putting towards that. If I get time for some practice I'll get there, but I feel like a mobile chicane at the moment.
  4. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    results ?

want to get the ladder updated

cheers
  5. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    E
    Warrior
    Stig
    Zamps
    Cyber
    Frzn
    Anon
    Aussie
    rest were dnf's
  6. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Ladder updated, thought i read that dan was DSQ first, then neishy. Last finishing positions reflect that.

Chev, blueyonder and Greasy all DNS.

Any mistakes let me know.

Stu
  7. zampli

zampli Team Driver

just wondering about something in the ladder:
    since i never took the extra pit stop at laguna (i just quit after my first one), doesn't that mean i can be classified as a DNF, not a DSQ?

thats kinda the reason i quit, so it wouldnt be a DSQ
  8. fRZn

fRZn Team Driver

PSN ID
    fRZnAU
    I'm pretty sure I finished 7th not 6th
  9. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    I just went off what Anon told me mate....has you 6th here !!!
  10. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    @Zamps
    you are right m8!

@Stu
    i remember Z saying about this... i think Z should DNF and NOT DSQ'd... let me know what you think????
  11. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    It may seem harsh but if he had remained in the pits then that may be a valid point but considering he abandoned the race by leaving the room I think it is a bit rich to then come back and expect points tbh.
  12. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    YEAH Cyber point taken m8...
    but i don't think Z doesn't wants the points, (i could be wrong) but if it was me!!! , in the same spot i would have quit too.... ummmmmmm :/
  13. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Yea i think zamps means he's allowed to use as drop round, not get points for it. As he got a DNF apposed to a DSQ
  14. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Rules and regs states:

("x) If you wish to leave the race the drive in question must not 'exit' the race. They are expected to find a portion of the racetrack which will not impede other drivers, park their car their and simply press the 'start' button and wait for the race to end"

"(x) Racers who do not start, join after the race has began or get disconnected during a race will receive a DNS(Did Not Start) and will receive NO(0) points"

Just sayin' ;)
  15. zampli

zampli Team Driver

yeah teks got it. i was aiming for a DNF instead of DSQ, definitely stretching it for the points lol. i guess the point is, knowing i would most likely get a DSQ if i pit again, thats why i quit.
    @clevo: yes i know the rules, but if you bring that one up, i may as well go back since i started here and find every person that quit and DSQ them. i dont deny, im only trying to help my position in the championship and maybe this is double standards by me to overlook the "no-quitting" rule. but i have never seen it enforced either or whether there was ever meant to be a penalty for it
  16. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    WOW THIS VERY INTERESTING...... mmmmmm

Lots of drivers have got points even thou they got disconnected in the time i have been here!!!!!
  17. zampli

zampli Team Driver

true aussie, completely forgot about that. although i quit, not DC'ed lol.
    dont want it to be a big issue, just dont see why i got a DSQ
  18. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    Yeah all good Z, i know ur not 1 to kick up a big fuss & pretty much go with the flow... i just found this VERY VERY interesting...
  19. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Big diff between leaving ( loosly termed rage quit) and being DSC. ( disconnected)

The thing is there is no real way of knowing other than telling the truth.

There have been occasions in the past where people have admitted go rage quitting ( I have been one) and given no points, and where people have DSC, with the hint of a rage quit and picked up points.

I had this conversation with another racer only 2 weeks ago and I think the system is fair, but we also need to clarify the ruling as from what I can see it has become a bit more relaxed over the last few seasons. I think because we Re generally a very fair bunch, and have raced against each other over an extended period of time.

At the bottom of the points table is the best, or most recent interpretation of the rules as far as I am aware.

Basically a DNS gets no points. Pretty self explanetry.

A DSC (disconnect) is awarded the last point scoring position where it is reasonable to assume that it was an actual DSC and not a rage quit.

A DNF has generally been awarded last place position and points where there has not been a breach of the rules.

The problem is where there are DSC and DNF cars in the one race. Where do we put the DNF car in the results? It's easy with a DSC because we can do it based on the order when the driver was kicked.

I am thinking that a DNF should be placed behind those DSC drivers.

It is a sticky one zamps.

Did anon edit the results, I am sure when I first looked at the results zamps was not in the list ???
  20. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Does a racer that may be down on times (but still racing, not parked) as I have been at times, and not finished within the 3 min countdown count as DNF?

Surely this racer should get the position finished awarded to them as opposed to having a DSC driver take a higher position?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.