Division 2 Season 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Apr 4, 2014.

1. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

Well that explains a lot :D A big congratulations and all the best in making it big in Motorsport and your dreams a reality!!
    Faine likes this.
  2. Faine

Faine New Recruit

PSN ID
    faine555
    Yeah bro doing well! Thanks bro. Give "fmkracing" a like as well on fb to keep up with us!
    Peter Wise, SuiCid3 and stucar17 like this.
  3. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Good luck tonight guys,

Just a quick one, Be aware that if you go into the pits too fast with the accelerator flat to the floor you may not get the option screen to change tires. There is a line across the road that you will need to coast across and the option box will be shown. Make sure you test it out in practice so you understand how to attack it.

Remember, Race soft tire in qual and first stint, you must run at least 1 stint on the medium tire after that.

Cheers Stu
  4. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Crunch, you ok to host again?
  5. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    WELL DONE FAINE ON THE DIV 2 CHAMPIONSHIP. A level above based on lap times, so a well deserved championship mate. Congrats.

Tonight's results
    Pole : faine.
    1. Natman (well deserved mate)
    2. Faine (fastest lap 2:04:6##) :eek:
    3. Razor
    4. TB
    5. Stu
    6. Jim
    7. Cob
    8. Leeboy
    9. Come and get me

My night, in one word........slow :rolleyes:
    Didn't do a lot of prac, struggled to fluke a mid 7 during the week and thought I would be way off the pace seeing what mint and rotor were Running.

Screwed up my first 3 qual laps so parked it and started rear of grid, and hoped once I found a bit of rhythm I could hold on for a result with 3 stops.

After 3 laps I knew I was in a whole lot of pain, so just ran laps to get to the end. I screwed up the final stop, only had 8 laps to the end, but pressed the accel in pit lane so selected meds Instead of the softs. Wouldn't have made any difference anyway I don't think. Ended up 2 mins down on the leaders, had nothing !!!

I think 5th still gives me second in the championship (BRIDESMAID AGAIN lol) so not a bad result. Thanks for the season again guys, had some great battles throughout, good fun.

Hopefully we see you back for season 3, should be a walk in the park ! Please test a few of the cars in the season 3 car thread, and vote at the end of the week when we get the poll up.

Cheers stu
    natmanscoop, emmo46 and smokinscotty like this.
  6. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    lap times?
  7. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Will have to be tomorrow mate, unless someone else gets them to you. Put me last and faine first. !!
    emmo46 likes this.
  8. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
  9. Faine

Faine New Recruit

PSN ID
    faine555
    Thankyou so much everyone for making this such an awesome season for me. Had such a fun time. And best people to share it with. Thankyou rooz fam. Anyways, I'm off to the Motorsport academy all week so I'll try and come on as much as possible! Thanks guys :)
    Cheers
    Faine
    razor4797, stucar17 and Ad2mny like this.
  10. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Go get em mate!! Good luck.
    stucar17 likes this.
  11. COME_AND_GET_ME7

What a cracking race to finish off the season qualified 3rd with 2:07.2 my best lap on a full tank of gas. Got a decent start considering I was rolling with traction control on for the first time in the season to try preserve the tyres not that it helped much considering softs were shredded by lap 8 and meds wouldn't even last 10 laps in practice. I dropped only a single position going into turn 1 then the monkey keeping the servers running at PD thought it would be funny to disconnect me..... :mad:

Congratulations to the podium in particularly Natman you truly brought your A game to the final round. As for Faine congratulations on the championship win and best of luck rolling with the aliens next season. Speaking from experience after being thrown in the deep end in season 1 you truly have to work on your consistency and tyre conservation as Warrior doesn't make mistakes and will put out hot lap after hot lap. Theres no doubt you have the out right speed to keep up with them tho.

So another season has come and gone. It was a tough one all right not only the car choice and PD turning the tables on us mid season, but a community in grieving after the loss of a great mate and racer. RIP Bruce. The season brought with it some cracking racing and I am pleased with my 2 podiums but am left still chasing that elusive 1st win....

I would like to take this opportunity to thank my fellow division 2 compatriots and the entire mod team who put in the hard yards behind the scenes in putting together another successful season and ensure everything ran smoothly.
  12. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

Well done on the championship Faine, and Stu, runner-up again?! Next season mate!

Yikes on that 2:04.x lap in the race Faine, if you'd run a 5 or even 6 stop strategy, would've had us neck & neck to the line. Looked like Razor almost gave 2nd a shake at the end too.

Cracking battle between Faine & I for the first third of the race, he actually had me worried for a while that my Algebra was whack! I kept grinding out the laps though, did three 2:06.x in a row one stint which was my race-pace target, very happy with that - looks like practice DOES pay off!
    Here's cheers to S2, cyas in practice for S3.
    Jim_aka_The_Man and razor4797 like this.
  13. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    Wow what a finish to an epic season!
    I was absolutely buggered after last night.
    I knew I had to be consistent and not make any mistakes during the race, as my outright speed wasn't very fast.
    I qualified 6th out of the starting 9.
    Managed an okay start and got pushed wide into turn. Luckily I drove it around the outside into 4th.
    I feel for you CAGM, I reckon you would have had a cracker of a race.
    I ended up going on a 3 stop strategy; soft, medium, soft, soft. I was surprisingly very good on the tyres which helped massively. Had a few close battles with both TB and Cob.
    Pretty happy with 3rd, and I think that means I finish 3rd in the championship too, and it's also my 3rd podium of the season.
    But all eyes were on natman and Faine; natman for his amazing victory and Faine for his super lap - 2:04.6 :eek:

A big thanks to everyone involved in making all of this possible. Your hard work is very appreciated :)
    Bring on season 3!!!
    natmanscoop and COME_AND_GET_ME7 like this.
  14. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    Awesome stuff Hatfield!
  15. COME_AND_GET_ME7

16. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  17. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    What a race. Was VERY suprised to qualify 4th on the grid, and was into 3rd by the first run through eau rouge. But I through it all away with a spin coming out of the bus stop at the end of the very first lap. 3rd to last, just like that. Then it would not have been more than a lap later, lost it again at Le Combes. My heart sank. Well might just have to run at the back then. But strategy played its part, and when I put my second set of softs on, I was catching Cob and Razor hand over fist as they were (I assume) on mediums. Got past Cob but couldn't catch Razor before he pitted. Was not sure how things were going to play out with everyone stopping at different times, but after the last stop I found myself in 4th. If my spins didn't eventuate I may have been right with Razor at the end, but hey, thats a big if.

Well done Faine on the championship mate, well deserved. Too fast.

Thanks to all in Div 2 for the fantastic racing this season.
    And a big thankyou to all the mod team and staff for the hard work you guys put in to make this happen.

See you all next season. If not before.
    natmanscoop likes this.
  18. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Congrats Faine, on the championship.

[​IMG]

Well if you are feeling a little lost with no league race this coming Sunday never fear Clevo is here.

I am organising if you didn't already know the "Turtle Beach 400" it is 160 laps of pure adrenaline, and you thought the enduro last night was a test!

We are now running three rooms and have approx 15 spots left, team up with a buddy and have a blast, and maybe win a prize while you are at it!

Did you say prize? Why yes I did, our good friends at Turtle Beach have put up for grabs a PX21 headset valued at $119.95 rrp and I may have something else up my sleeves, but only if I get some more drivers ;)

So what are you waiting for and head over here: http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/event-6-07-turtle-beach-400.1065/ and get your name down if you haven't already.

[​IMG]
    razor4797, S_CLOSE and JonoStan96 like this.
  19. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Lap times for the final round....
    2:04:617 Faine :eek:
    2:06:302 Natman
    2:07:978 TB
    2:08:056 cob
    2:08:382 razor
    2:08:509 Jim
    2:09:215 stu :oops:
    2:17:500 leeboy
    No time: Come and get me7

Sorry, forgot all about it emmo.
  20. COME_AND_GET_ME7

Well that makes my DC even more depressing, 3rd would have been mine for the taking based off those times. Based off lap times alone the majority of div 3 have out performed the majority of div 2 each and every round this season with spa being the round with the largest difference with 6 out of 9 in div 3 doing 2:07.0's to 2:07.3's. Me thinks a lot of reshuffling is due in the off season.