Division 4 Season 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 6, 2014.

1. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Quite the opposite dave, being in div 4 will put you guys in the middle of the grid. Starts are handicapped so the Div 1,2, and 3 guys will have to close a gap before having a go at passing you. From memory in the last event the Div 1 guys were mostly at the back still come the finish. They spent too much time fighting amongst themselves for position. So for example, BJH will start as per usual but div 5 will have to wait for their handicap time to elapse, say they take of at +1.5 secs, div 4 at +3, div 2 at 5 and div 1 at +30(lol) You do stand a chance at a win. With your standings in your divisional championship, you will ahead of Emmo and Hatfield as well.
    Last time it was Div2 win, Div1a second Div 3 third.
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  2. Molch

Molch Rookie

PSN ID
    Molch_82
    Sorry Doogle. Go get em mate :)
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  3. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    From memory, last race was won by a Div2 (overdrive), second was a Div3 I cannot recall and I came third (Div1b).
    Getting a good start makes the race, I had no Div1 guys battling me for position. Made it to the front pack with two laps to go but the Citroen in the draft was a dog.
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  4. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Memory has come back to me:rolleyes:. Your right Serge, Overdrivve, HR31GTS and your good self;). As to why I put it as 1a I don't know:confused:, as I knew it was you to whom I was referring:oops:.
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  5. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Ouch!!!!! Lol
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  6. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    Oh well then, that sounds even better. Just chuffed to be a part of it really....but I'll of course give it my best shot (as always) :)
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  7. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I was the leading 1A driver, holding off Warrior for all those laps! :p
    5th Place overall I think.
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  8. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    I'm sure everyone infront is/was grateful.
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  9. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    ..........GT6 Season 1 Race 7,
    .....................Bathurst 39 laps (Enduro)
    Code:
    ps.....Driver.............Race Time......Fastest Lap
    1.  DekGT5mad...........1:30:03.688......2:14.279...2nd POLE
    2.  Emmo46..................-08.762......2:15.581..=5th
    3.  DoogleDave..............-28.019......2:15.581..=5th
    4.  Hazeone   ..............-37.207......2:15.331...4th
    5.  mmm_homebrew............-37.426......2:14.511...3rd
    6.  castrosfriendche......-1:54.268......2:17.054...7th
    7.  Molch...................-5 laps......2:13.958...1st FL
    [b/code]
    SerenityInSpeed, DekGT5mad and Molch like this.
  10. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Firstly, congratulations to DRZ for the supurb Championship win, to take it by running in only 5 races shows total domination. Disturbo was right on the pace and but for missing so many races and that unfortunate DSC while leading race one may have taken the championship. GTP_Dutch threatened to take the championship away but through network issues was unable to start the last race. Molch showed great pace also at the end of the season and could be a front runner in season 2.
    I had a good race, I needed a third place finish to ease into 3rd place in the Championship. Molch could take it from me if I finished fourth or less provided he won and took a bonus point. When ever I practiced for this race I spun out two of every three laps and was nowhere near the pace on those laps where I didn't spin, third place was beginning to look out of range for me.
    For qualifying I stopped trying so hard and managed a PB 2:15.386 to take 2nd spot on the grid behind DB on pole with 2:15.157, a big surprise to me. Poor MOlch had a DSC just as the room was reset for qually and got back just in time to post 4th fastest with just one flying lap, I'm sure he would have had pole as he was in the 13s in the warm up.
    I got a great start to lead into turn one and as the others disputed second I built a small lead. It was quickly eaten up by DB and Molch, DB taking me on the last corner of lap one and Molch soon after. As they fought over the lead they had a little misunderstanding at the end of Mountain Straight and I was back into the lead and began to pull away.
    They soon were back on my tail and I held them off until lap 5, after about 10 laps I was in third with a bit of a gap back to Doogle in 4th.
    I thought this is OK, 3rd place is good. Then Homebrew and Doogle started to gain and Homebrew actually passed me and began to pull away until he spun at skyline. Very scary as he was sideways accross the road and I would have T boned him but luckily he ghosted. I still ran off the road trying to avoid the collision and got a short cut penalty though.
    He recovered quickly and repassed Doogle and then caught me again only to clobber the inside wall at the dipper and drop back again.
    Molch and DB were way out in front and I couldn't see them on my map any more so I just concentrated on my lines and braking points as I kept an eye on doogle on the parts of the track where I could see how far back he was. Homebrew must have had other bothers as he never threatened me again despite being a second a lap faster. The race was very lonely from about lap 13 through to the end.
    After I pitted I came back out about 8 seconds behind DB who quickly pushed that out to about 15 seconds before he slowed a little at the end letting me get back to within 9 seconds of him. Meanwhile on lap 35 poor Molch had a PS3 freeze and I moved into 2nd where I eventually finished. I was entertaining the thought he might run out of fuel and gift me the win but he held on.
    Second place is far more than I expected and a great way to finnish the season, but it was mainly due to Molch's problems and GTP_Dutch not even being able to get into the room. After all my dramas in practice for this event,
    my actual race was almost error free, I had a couple of heart in the mouth moments but managed to keep it pointed mostly straight ahead with minimal time loss. Amazing.
    Third in the Championship is again far more than I expected at the start of the season but again is the result of Turbo not starting in 3 races and disconnecting while leading in the first race.
    The highlight of my season was winning the first heat of the sprint round, very satisfying.
    I'm looking forward to next season, though I suspect wins will be off the table again as Turbo, DB and Molch will probably still be in DIV 4 and there are a couple of very fast guys to be promoted from Div 5 who have been much quicker than all the DIV 4 guys.
    I thoroughly enjoyed racing against all the Div 4 guys and especially Doogle who was constantly in my field of vision either in front or behind over the last few races. We even shared the same lap time at this race.
    I hope we can mix it up again next season Dave, although you would probably prefer to be battling with those a little closer to the front.
  11. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  12. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    Great write-up Emmo!
    And I too look forward to more close racing with you (and everyone else), next season.
    Who knows, we might just push each other hard enough to be running up with the leaders....but if not I'm sure we'll have just as much fun trying to out drive one another :)
    DekGT5mad and Molch like this.
  13. Molch

Molch Rookie

PSN ID
    Molch_82
    Thanks Emmo for the praise but who knows what will happen with more powerful cars next season. Hoping like this season its anyones right to the end. Overall still pretty happy with my first online Season. With one did not start and two DSC's finishing bang in the middle is alright with me. Motegi was also the first round I actually used ABS on 1 (on advice from Crunch in a test night) with my first 4 rounds being ABS free. This is probably the single biggest thing that improved my consistency and times. I will miss the little BRZ that Ive come fond of driving.
    DekGT5mad and JonoStan96 like this.
  14. SerenityInSpeed

SerenityInSpeed Rookie

PSN ID
    HazeOne68
    Congrats on the title win DRZ!! :D
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  15. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Thanks!
    DekGT5mad and JonoStan96 like this.
  16. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    Season 01 was a huge learning curve for me and I think I've shown some improvement since the first round. Certainly looking forward to season 02 and hopefully I can keep up the podium finishes.... :)[/quote]

:)You most certainly have improved!:D:D:D In Round 1 at Nurburgring GP/F,I had little trouble passing you,;)but by Round 7 it took me 8 laps to get past at Bathurst,:confused:which only happened then due to your mistake.o_OBefore that i had tried a number of ways to get past to no avail,o_O& was starting to get frustrated:mad:,something that doesn't happen very often.:rolleyes: If we had a "Most Improved" award,it would be a very close fight between you & Molch for honours in our division.:p Well Done,i look forward to future battles with both of you. ;)
    If i happen to win the TX-80 wheel,;)i will donate it to the person without a wheel in our division who wants/needs it the most,:cool:and has the least ability to get their own due family & financial commitments.:((It's easy to say "just get one,they're only $50 second hand,o_Obut some peoples budget is that tight,:oops:getting $50 spare seems more like trying to get $50,000 together:rolleyes:.I know,i've been there):(
    Anyone who wishes to be considered should start a private conversation stating why they should be.:) You don't need to give Mega detail,just a basic,"i've got a mortgage,3 kids & one more on the way!" or "my parents won't get one,they say the controller is good enough" & i'll decide the benefitting member.No details of who or what is said will be passed on to anyone else. The other option i considered was getting Stu to split my tickets between the members without wheels,but that would take me out of the running for the headset or vouchers:eek:,which i would like to win:p,so i'll leave it at the first one.;) Good luck,i hope a member needing the equipment wins it!!!!:p:D:D:D:D:D
    Molch, stucar17 and Stumbles like this.
  17. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    After watching your replays,i'd recommend bumping the ABS to 2. You seem to be locking up a bit still at the threshhold when hard braking. It may seem at first like it lengthens your braking distance,but as soon as you adjust to it,you'll find it actually shortens it,& helps you when you steer & brake at the same time not to understeer due to front wheel lock up. Like DoogleDave you have improved massively through the season,& i can see us having a Ding-Dong battle all season 2! :p:DWith more powerful cars,don't be scared to use the TC.You can use the accelerator display to get your throttle control correct by trying to feather out the redline that appears when the TC is working. Once you've got the throttle control sorted,then you can back off the TC to gain use of the extra HP. TC can also help a lot with cars that understeer by taking away some of the power that makes it push.:):):):)
    Molch likes this.
  18. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    Thanks Dek, I appreciate the very kind words.
    Moving from DS3 controller to DFGT wheel in round 2 was intiially a very steep learning curve and although I felt I was picking it up relatively quickly I don't think my times showed the same....but it was certainly the right direction for me to go. I cannot imagine driving with the controller anymore.
    I think one of the key turning points was watching Warrior's replays and trying to (badly) emulate his lines and braking points around Trial Mountain. It really showed me where the faster guys were making up time so it gives me something to continue working on.

I have really enjoyed this first season and the battles with yourself, Emmo, Haze, HR etc has been absolutely fantastic. It really does epitomise what ROOZ is all about and the fact that ego's are left out of it and we all get along and enjoy clean and fair racing is a real credit to the people and processes in place amongst the group.

It will be interesting to see how well I handle a more powerful and less-balanced car (compared to the BRZ) but I look forward to the challenge and to the promise of "more of the same" from season 1 :)