Division 4 Season 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 6, 2014.

1. GTDutch

GTDutch Rookie

PSN ID
    GTP_Dutch
    The pressure, the pressure!!! :eek: I'm already starting to crumble.
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    oh well now I am crapping myself lol
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I think you should do the write up. All I do is the graphs/tables and quotes from people in our forum. You do the write up and quotes and I will stick with the tables/graphs :)
    Ad2mny and DekGT5mad like this.
  4. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  5. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    Cool, I'll give it a crack. BTW, love the graphs! I like the position/lap one you did, that was great... :)
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  6. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    That's all correct Damien, Actually I'm technically still in it too, two wins with pole and fastest lap in both races would make me 111 points after I drop my 9th place. The chances of me accomplishing such a feat are less than zero. At least I'll know soon enough once pole is set for Race 6. If it ain't me I'm out of the contest.
    DekGT5mad, JonoStan96 and DoogleDave like this.
  7. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    ROFL :D
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  8. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    Don't give up mate,ya never know. If you talk yourself out of it,it won't happen!;):):p
    stucar17 likes this.
  9. CastrosfriendChe

CastrosfriendChe Rookie

PSN ID
    CastrosfriendChe
    I was behind you around the 1-2 lap and you were glitching pretty hard from my POV
  10. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Just a general reminder to all drivers regarding corner cutting for this round..

The Silverstone circuit has a noticeable number of corners where you can get away with cutting, and a potential to gain an advantage.

Any drivers who "continually" or "intentionally" cut corners to gain advantage will be handed a post race penalty.

For a brief rundown of the penalties for different offenses please look at the link below, and check out the third post down where it highlights the penalty for certain offenses.

http://raceonoz.com/threads/rules-regulations.70/#post-4416

We will be looking closely at this round, especially fastest laps and positions gained.

Cheers
    mod team
    DoogleDave likes this.
  11. Fertro

Fertro Rookie

PSN ID
    FunkadelicPony
    Damnit, the usual Sunday issues have arrived.
  12. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Had a good, fairly straight forward race last night, qualified 5th, got a good start to move up to 3rd by turn 1. Dutch from pole and Molch started to gradually pull away and DB didn't take long to put me back a place but he then slithered wide coming onto the old start/finish line and fell back. A couple of laps later Doogle got a great run onto that same straight and took me into the fast right hander at the end of it. I managed to slither back past him again at the esses just up the road but he got by me again shortly after. I tried to get back at him but nearly ran into the back of him twice, I nearly ran off track at the end of Hangar straight and then did run off in avoidance at the sharp left after the pit entrance. Luckily the area off track was firm and I only lost a couple of seconds but Haze slipped through in that brief moment to put me back to 5th. A lap later Haze power oversteered off to the inside coming onto the new pit straight and I was clear to chase after Doogs again.
    All that had happened in the first seven laps and from there I settled down to try not to make any mistakes and close on Doogs if I could. I guess he was about 4 seconds in front and I held the gap for a while but then he slowly pulled away. With about 4 laps to go I was starting to close on him and with a big gap behind me I decided I could gamble a spin against trying to catch him. I very nearly did catch him, catching would have been one thing, passing would have been a bit more difficult. In the chase I set my best lap on the last lap and very nearly stole FL of GTP. a lot of nearlys there, but I enjoyed the last few laps.
    Dutch has decided to do things the hard way by only finishing 2nd here with both bonus points, that leaves him needing to finish 1st at Bathurst with both bonus points to take the crown away from the absent DRZ. I think he has it in him, good luck bro.
    DekGT5mad, DoogleDave and Ad2mny like this.
  13. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    Yes, the first half a dozen laps were great fun and when I passed you and then you got by me not long after I thought we were in for another long and arduous tussle (a la Econobox Cup), but when you spun on the last chicane around lap 6 that gave me the opportunity to stop worrying about being chased and just hit my markers lap after lap. For a brief period I started making some ground on Dutch (who I think had recovered from an error) but his pace was high and I realised it was unlikely I'd be able to catch him unless I really pushed hard (probably too hard), which would see me come unstuck, so I settled into third position and just kept my head down. Come the last few laps I decided not to push it too hard in fear of making a dumb mistake and have all my efforts taken away and watching you (Emmo) pass me by. I must admit, on that final lap I noticed you getting closer and closer and I started thinking maybe I'd taken it too easy at the end of the race but with only a couple of turns left in the race I knew as long as I didn't try and overdrive I'd sneak over the line for another podium finish....which thankfully worked out.
    Looking forward to the final round at Bathurst - though not looking forward to pitting (and the after-effects of doing so).
    DekGT5mad, emmo46 and Ad2mny like this.
  14. GTDutch

GTDutch Rookie

PSN ID
    GTP_Dutch
    Yes a win would have been better for me here but Molch to his credit ran a great race and definitely deserved the win. I admit i had drank more than was helpful before getting online and wasnt feeling the best but im not going to use that as an excuse. What lost me the race was my consistent inability to really get becketts right and this is where i really messed it up on lap 9 to give molch something like a 9 second lead on me. Our pace was very even i thought but i plowed away as best i could hoping to claw him back and i made small consistent strides into his lead but i think he may have had a few hairy moments as well to lose larger chunks of time and after a while i was right back on him. Passed him on the inside at Stowe but I noticed in the laps that followed that i was definitely not taking Stowe or maggotts/becketts anywhere near as good molch but possibly taking vale better, the end result was i just could not get away from him. I ended up messing up becketts again and watched molch get about 3-4 second lead on me with maybe 3 laps left to race. Had my chance on the last go into vale but just wasn't good enough and Molch took the win. Well done mate, i really enjoyed our even pace and you had me pushing the entire time.
    Lets see if i can get a PERFECT race at bathurst to spoil DRZ's hopes and actually WIN a race this season :) Though if i am honest, i haven't spent a lot of time there and know nothing about the pit glitch so will be tough. And more laps means more time to make mistakes (my trademark this season) but I'll certainly give it a go.
    emmo46 and Anon666 like this.
  15. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Looks like Dutch has even more pressure now! Good luck. A few tips with having to pit. Do an online test race and pit after the first lap then see what lap times you can get on the second set. Then during the actual race dont pit until your lap times fall below those you made on the second set test. The only buts are if you are close to the end and can make it without pitting then do so and if you cant handle the worn tyres then of course pit.
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  16. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    Great advice Hatfield!
    I didn't have time to run a full 39 laps last night but I managed around 20 laps and still had a half a tank of petrol left (and tyres were still on 10's all round - wear was set to normal, I think but I might double-check that again next practice as that doesn't seem right)....so pitting may only be needed right near the end of the race.
  17. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Yeah your tyres are supposed to be able to make the distance but you may need fuel. That's what I've heard anyway. Could be wrong lol
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  18. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    I thought I read that the other night as well....but I would have thought after 20 laps they should have at least dropped down to 9's.

Perhaps I'm just way too slow around the track to chew up my tyres enough....

Maybe as a strategy, if I run a few seconds slower per lap than everyone else I'll conserve my fuel enough to not require a pitstop (and gain that time back from those that do pull in to pit and will also have the slower tyres/power afterwards)...pipping everyone across the line to take the win LOL :)

I guess if I have a catastrophic crash near the start of the race I can use that as my backup plan :cool:
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  19. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  20. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    3 spins in the first 5 laps:mad: ruined any chance i had,which was a real pity:( as in the remainder of the race i closed the gap to Molch by 15secs,:rolleyes: so again mistakes cost me dearly:(,possibly a win.:confused: Well done Molch you've improved out of sight since R1.:D On to Bathurst for the Enduro final round.Wish we had double points like the F1's this year,could've made my season look more respectable,:pLOL;) See ya's on Sunday:D:D:D
    emmo46 likes this.