Division 4 Season 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 6, 2014.

1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    mmmm, not sure about fertro....
  2. hr31gts

hr31gts New Recruit

PSN ID
    hr31gts
    I'll be a no show tonight, got stuff I can't avoid, will be all good after tonight tho.
    Thanks
  3. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    Pretty sure it is,was with batch of ROOZ ones,thought i'dseen the correlation here but must've been with his F/req
  4. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    No worries,c ya next week
  5. SerenityInSpeed

SerenityInSpeed Rookie

PSN ID
    HazeOne68
    Great running with the crew last night. Looking forward to Sunday.
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  6. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Was good fun running with our division! I predict some VERY close racing right through the pack this season!
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  7. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    Top turnout guys,only 1 no show,others missing were expected,so it looks like we're gonna have big grids & one heck of a championship.Get your practice in and strategy worked out,then away we go on sunday night.:D
    SerenityInSpeed likes this.
  8. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    Oh,and remember everyone,turn on your QOS function in your router,and do the clean start up procedure.briefly for new guy's it is
    1.reset your router(turn off for 30secs)
    2.Once you have router connection to the net turn on PS3.
    3.If you are using the easy method of connection setting on your PS3,rescan the settings.sometimes the NAT type gets lost.
    4.load GT6
    5.clear cache
    This will make a difference on your stability:):) & the total room stability:):D
    And now that the formalities are out of the way,"I Officially Declare GT6 Season 1 Div.4 Open:p:p:p:);)
  9. CastrosfriendChe

CastrosfriendChe Rookie

PSN ID
    CastrosfriendChe
    Yeah that was a good intro session. Last night I unfortunately had the pleasure of noticing that there was short term car damage option turned on. Is that a standard thing for the season? It's obviously a good idea, and after all we're trying to avoid hitting anythng lol. Also for qualifying, will we all be on the track together or will we disperse into that solo option? From what I gather the former can get a bit messy (unless we implement a timed gap between racers) but offers a more stable connection rather than branching off into that solo QF mode. Correct me if I'm wrong on that. Again, just curious to know how we're going to approach it down the track ;)
  10. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Minor damage will be used in the races, it keeps the racing cleaner, knowing the penalties for trying something silly. Stu was talking about going straight from a 10 min practice session for qualifying into the race, so any drop outs had a chance to rejoin, but I don't know if that is official.
  11. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    Thanks again for the run last night guys, I had fun (when I was connected) and agree there will be some great racing happening between us all.

And good points above about trying to get the best possible connection going.
    Unfortunately, I don't think the issues I experienced last night were from a network connection, but I am suspecting it was the heat causing my PS3 to freeze.
    Prior to racing last night I had reset my router, set a dedicated IP address for it, put that address into the DMZ and cleared the GT6 cache (several times), however this did nothing to stop my console freezing 3 times.
    I didn't however notice any lag or strange happenings otherwise so when I was connected everything seemed to run fine in the room with that many drivers on the track.
    I'm not sure if you happened to do this later in the night after I'd left but we didn't test the pit glitch during the races. I'm not sure if any of the other divisions did so during their meet & greet last night, but hopefully PD get this sorted in an update soon so that's one less thing we need to worry about!

Happy practicing guys... :)
    Dave
  12. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    I'd say heat was the issue,I had the same issue when we had those 43 degree daysmaybe setup a fan,but also make sure all the vents are clear of dust on the BOTTOM as well as the back. If you have a "Reject shop" close to you,they have USB laptop cooling platforms with fans that lift the unit of the bench and create airflow,only $3 each! I use one on each of my PS3,Router,& laptop,$ have had no heat issues anymore.Also if you've never done it,remove the cover over the HDD(at the front under the disc gate with the logo's on it,on slimlines),you'd be amazed how much fluff and dust builds up in there!
    DoogleDave likes this.
  13. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    We use a 10min qualifying,all on track,with a manual start,that way if someone does dsc,they've got time to get back in and get a lap in,as we can sit for a bit,so we all get a go,you'll have done your best lap by then anyway.
  14. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    Oh and one last thing,If you're using a wheel with 6 speed shifter,remember to work out what gear you need to have it in for pit exit at each track! LOL Not fun trying to catch the car when it suddenly downshifts from 4th to 1st:eek:o_O
  15. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    I'll have a chat out back and get back on that one. Pretty sure I saw Anon mention that after Friday night's fun run with damage on, it got pretty messy, took agaes for the damage to clear. Might be running the season with damage off... Stay tuned.
    Ad2mny likes this.
  16. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    Cheers Dek.
    I'm running my slimline PS3 on its side (as I think its ventilation works better that way) but I will try using a small fan next time it is warm to try and move the hot air away from the unit.
    I also had the console sitting between a subwoofer and a PC case but i have since moved them wider apart so there is much more space for the hot air to dissipate.

My HDD bay area should be pretty clean as I recently put a new HDD in the unit, but you are right about how much dust builds up. I vacuum my HTPC almost monthly to get all the gunk off the fans - LOL.

Dave
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  17. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    I got damage a couple of times,in different races & it cleared normally.Did you have the visible damage turned on or off.I had it off.
  18. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    The magnet on your sub may have been the culprit as well,they can effect the disc read & HDD read:)
  19. Fertro

Fertro Rookie

PSN ID
    FunkadelicPony
    My apologies about not showing up on the 2nd. It's been so hectic around here, trying to get the car registered and crunching numbers, I completely forgot about it. I have set a reminder for the 9th, so then I won't forget. What time is the races be? I don't see anything in the first post.
  20. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    Room opens at 8pm EDST,10 min qually starts about 8.20,8.30 at the latest. See ya sunday,try to get everyone in our div on your friends list before sunday.If you try to leave it till last minute you may have issues with the "room full" bug,so by saturday at the latest.anyone you only get done on sunday night may also be invisible to you,unless everyone does a reboot. cheers
    Dek:)
    stucar17 likes this.