TURTLE BEACH [EVENT - 6/07] RACEONOZ POWERED BY TURTLE BEACH 400

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Clevohead, May 14, 2014.

?

What is your final preferred Race date?

Poll closed Jun 2, 2014.
  1. Sunday 6th of July Normal race times (to help fool the handbrakes)

73.3%
  2. Friday 4th of July

26.7%
  1. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

Looks like @razor4797 never purchased any softs and ran hards the entire race which gave him an unfair advantage as was able to do 30+ laps on the last stint while the rest would have to pit.

What was with everyone pitting so often I did it in 7 getting 20-22 laps per set of softs and lead close to if not half the race. Was looking at a podium at the start of the last lap then a massive crash on the final turn. And I had dodged all pile ups since the lap 1 dramas up till then.......

Edit: Might I add I'm by far the worse tyre eater in ROOZ in circuit racing.
    Edit #2: @Clevohead you may not be bridesmaid after all depending on what race officials think of this.
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2014
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I would do 15 then the back end was easier to step out so I stuck to 15 unless I was in a crash near the pit entry. Seemed like everyone got a hit somewhere.
  3. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Start of the race was pretty good.. was able to run with the leaders for a while.
    Then the first round of pit stops came, and I touched the grass at pit entry which caused me to spin and then PD gave me a drive through penalty lol... came around again and as my rear right was on 0, had no control over the car coming in at a bit of speed and mirrored my first entry with another drive through... :mad::mad:
    Finally got into pits to change tyre and came out 2 laps down!! :confused:
    Put in my laps and managed to unlap myself (sorry about the little bit of bump and grind coming through the field... there were a fair bit of you all bunched up!)

The most intense moments were the last 14 laps after my last pit stop, coming out in last position and managing to follow Serge for a couple of laps and pick our way through to midfield again. Then came a sh**-your-pants moment after turn 1 when a couple of you guys spun and smoked up the whole area! Both of us somehow managed to keep our sh** together and weave our way through without losing much time at all! Gotta go through the replay and watch that again coz that sh** was cray yo!
    After that, I was on a pretty good path to put up a fight with the leaders when I got hit a number of times but still managed to keep it straight enough not to lose vital positions, but enough to put me back into the pack.

160 laps was hella fun! After that practise session the other night, I was telling myself to turn off FFB before the race, but completely forgot... my right forearm is quite sore now lol
    Clevohead and Peter Wise like this.
  4. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Razor made one stop (8 stops in all) more than you (7), and one less than me (9), so he didn't have that greater advantage, Peach made 12 stops all up, I will let him have it, I have no beef, just racing.
  5. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    That racing was EPIC. Great fun, thanks Clevo.
    Have to appologize to Emmo, Disturboed, Motho, and Vardz. I could see none of you guys on track. Very sorry if I caused any issues.
    SuiCid3 and Clevohead like this.
  6. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Thanks for the speed boosts TB lol
  7. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    What a marathon. Total carnage lap 3. Yo yo'd up and down the leader board all race from leading to last. At one stage I was two laps down when on my second stint it took me 3 attempts to get into the pits, autopilot kept swerving onto the grass and causing a drive through. Got tangled up in quite a few incidents and to my surprise I think I only spun 3 times that were actually my fault. Heaps of rectal puckering slides but held most of them, and more 'days of thunder' moments than I can count, all ending badly lol. I set my x button on the wheel for accelerator to give my leg a rest but I just couldn't use it safely around the corners so it was useless. Awesome fun.

@stucar17 bad luck mate ;(
  8. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Spewing the last one didnt work. LOL If I hadn't run out of fuel I may have been able to get you infront of Joe.
    SuiCid3 likes this.
  9. COME_AND_GET_ME7

That would be if it were a non boost race then sure me doing less stops than him would suggest no advantage. But we both pitted at the same time on lap 126 or there about. Leaving 34 laps to the finish. 34 Laps is impossible to do on softs. So I pitted lap 147 at which time due to a crash or 2 razor was a few seconds behind me but as he didn't pit by the time I left the pits was 30-40 seconds clear with just 13 laps to go which even with boost simply was pushing it to make up.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  10. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    LOL! It was so close too!
  11. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    That's what team mates are for. LOL
    JonoStan96 and SuiCid3 like this.
  12. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    I am tired, I have tomorrow off, I will sleep on it and get spreadsheets up in the morning, but in the meantime:
    TB400 Results.jpg
  13. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    My apologies for the tyre issue.. I purchased the soft tyres before the race but I was notified that it was prohibited for some reason and could not enter the track. In my pitstops, I could not make any tyre selections, and I could only change the fuel load..

During the race I went on my mic and said that I could only use the hards, but I'm not sure anyone heard because of the mic issues..

PD has screwed me. Don't let my words change any decisions made. I honestly am pretty annoyed because I don't feel like I've won the race in the fairest way possible.. Sorry again

Also, I just thought I would add that my final pitstop was on lap 137, after a pitstop I made on lap 126, as I realised that I may have ran out of fuel by the end of the race
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2014
    SuiCid3 and JonoStan96 like this.
  14. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Room 1 grid
    [​IMG]
    Early laps
    [​IMG]
    Carnage lap 3
    [​IMG]

Sorry for the low quality taken by phone off screen.
    SuiCid3 likes this.
  15. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Man that was some intense sh!t right there!

Surprised that by the second stint i was leading the race and keeping (if not slowly growing) a gap to second. Led for around 18 laps then spun on my own accord. Just like Ad, yo yo'd up and down the leaderboard. I think I counted maybe 2 or 3 at most mistakes on my part, and got tangled up in other carnage much more than that.

Last 35 laps or so was looking to finish in the podium, but I always seemed to come out the worst in other peoples accidents and dropped way down the leaderboard each time.

Epic fun though, finished 8th overall so mid-pack. For my first ever NASCAR race it went alright I think.

And TB I couldn't see you or Motho either!
  16. pat65

pat65 Professional

PSN ID
    patg65
    Gemasolar.jpg So clean and shiny before the race.
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2014
    SuiCid3 and Peter Wise like this.
  17. pat65

pat65 Professional

PSN ID
    patg65
    Final lap mayhem from position 3 down (room 2).
    Daytona International Speedway_01.jpg Daytona International Speedway_02.jpg Daytona International Speedway_03.jpg Daytona International Speedway_04.jpg Daytona International Speedway_05.jpg Daytona International Speedway_06.jpg
    SuiCid3, Peter Wise and Ad2mny like this.
  18. pat65

pat65 Professional

PSN ID
    patg65
  19. COME_AND_GET_ME7

Seeing as you pitted on 137 you deserve the win. I was tempted to go in on lap 140 instead of 147 so ild be able to form a gap between myself and the guys who we're pitting every 15 laps but thought they would have caught me by lap 160 and ild be in no position to battle them for position. Clearly your strategy was better.
    razor4797 likes this.
  20. motho

motho Team Driver

PSN ID
    motho
    I could only see 11 in the room from race start, only felt one weird bump through the whole race though, hope I didn't cause any of you invisible men any grief