TURTLE BEACH [EVENT - 6/07] RACEONOZ POWERED BY TURTLE BEACH 400

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Clevohead, May 14, 2014.

?

What is your final preferred Race date?

Poll closed Jun 2, 2014.
  1. Sunday 6th of July Normal race times (to help fool the handbrakes)

73.3%
  2. Friday 4th of July

26.7%
  1. ryan griffiths

ryan griffiths Rookie

PSN ID
    neemo55
    Epic race. Had good battles with purple dog and clevo. Well deserved 2nd clevo I sat behind ya for 10 laps and couldnt find a way round.

My strategy worked our alright though only pitted 8 times and I think I was the last to pit on lap 152 and was hoping it to give me an advantage towards the final laps to those who pitted between 145-148

I got spat out in 11th and got to 5th by lap 158 then had a mass tank slapper and spun. I was last in the que when everyone spun and somehow managed to 'steve brabdury" it down the middle and come through to 3rd.
    Clevohead likes this.
  2. pykeybraa145

pykeybraa145 Team Driver

PSN ID
    pykeybraa145
    sounded like a good race shame i got dcd
  3. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    I feel for you mate. You were definitely in contention for the win
  4. pykeybraa145

pykeybraa145 Team Driver

PSN ID
    pykeybraa145
    well done on the win razor, i had all my strategy planned out neemo played it well glad my teamate got a podium
    ryan griffiths likes this.
  5. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Very happy with my 5th place finish considering i was dead last and 44 secs behind the leader on lap 152 after being turned around while running 7th. Such a shame @Fastboysmith my HTO racing team mate was dsc at that early stage of the race would have had a real crack at the team win. Looking forward to the next NASCAR event. Might even organise a replica "BRICKYARD 500" 50 minute endurance race or 500 left turns at Indianapolis Speedway would be fun i think.
  6. pykeybraa145

pykeybraa145 Team Driver

PSN ID
    pykeybraa145
    If i didn't dc early in the race neemo and I wouldve had a good crack at the team win
  7. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    What a race, I got turned around on lap 1 and then spent the rest of the race playing catch up, everytime i got back to the pack I got involved in another crash, so many crashes!!!. with about 7 laps to go I was on fresh tyres about mid field and flying when I got a tap and had another crash and put back to last again with no time to catch up again, I gained a few places as others ran out of fuel to finish 12th. WD to Gary, great win.
    Ad2mny likes this.
  8. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

I'ld definitely be in interested in another oval race, whether it be nascar again or FGT's indycar style. Would love to do a indy japan 300 race at Motegi super speedway.
    razor4797 and VARDZ like this.
  9. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    when i get a chance to set up, i will run another nascar series.

5 races, 3 oval and 2 road courses.

Is always a good fun.

Spewing i missed last night. I didn't realize the room i was allocated had changed to an earlier time and was starting at 8, so i was a little surprised to see them 17 laps through when i got in o_O

Then i didnt have pat on my FL, so it all turned to :):):):). :(

Anyway, moving on ......
  10. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Was a great race, I think I only made one mistake, the rest of my spins were as a result of a hit or someone spinning in front of me. Like Emmo, had good tyres at the end and got pushed into the wall on the last lap which dropped me back.
    Dunno what happened on the other side of the Dark 'n' Stormy garage, Anon was leading for half the race and ended up at the rear of the field, felt sorry for ya buddy.
    Ad2mny likes this.
  11. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Gunna run through the replay now and see if I can get some good photo's.
    Ad2mny likes this.
  12. smokinscotty

smokinscotty Rookie

PSN ID
    smokinscotty
    I raged pretty hard last night. Got a great jump and got up into the front 2 only to have a moment on lap 3 and destroy half the field (very sorry boys!), after a couple of incidents I was way behind, It seemed that every time I would catch someone there would be a moment up ahead and Id end up off track with damage, so making my way back up the front seemed impossible.
    I hadn't planned a strategy, or practiced up until an hour or so before the race, so I tried a few different stops... short fuel, full fuel didnt really matter much. At one point I didn't put in enough fuel and had to stop with 8's on the tyres :oops:
    As we got to the last two stints I thought I had recovered well, my pit stops were out of cycle with the pack and I should be able to a 20 odd lap stint to the finish. All was going well, had a 6 second margin coming down the back straight for the last time, then ran out of fuel in the final turn, coasting down to the line and getting beat by .9
    Well done Gary on the win.

How much fun was charging around a lap down... doing low 33's no prob, passing others like they had the handbrake on!!!
    SuiCid3 likes this.
  13. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    He spun in front of me one or two laps from the finish, he took me out and put us in the back.. Lol he would have been screaming at the TV :)
  14. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
  15. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Those are the two room results, I will spend some time combining team times, and do a teams leader board.

And work out the ticket allocation system based on room result, and team results.
  16. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
  17. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Playing follow the leader with TB, lap 18 running 3rd and 4th.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Gary crosses the line as scotty loses position as he runs out of fuel coming back onto the main straight!
    [​IMG]

TB gives me a little power boost to try and bump me past Joe, which I believe may have cost him 5th (possibly 4th) as he also runs out of fuel with about 50m to go! (Joe 3rd, ranok3n 4th, VARDZ 5th, TB 6th)
    [​IMG]

Gary leads the out-of-fuel pack home, Anon and motho follow with their exhausts banging between their tyres
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2014
    pat65 and Ad2mny like this.
  18. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Lap 154, me and Serge doing a bit of argy bargy, trying to catch the leading pack, when we come across some mayhem!

Lap 158, a 6+ car mad pile up as Joe gets lucky and manages to avoid it all!
    Peter Wise, garyw61, pat65 and 5 others like this.
  19. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    BJH Memorial ROC spots from this race pending other results / available grid spots. One is guaranteed. Invite is on its way to that lucky one...........

That will really come in handy. Will keep an eye out for it.
  20. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    What a night that was.
    Had to hold back the red mist quite a few times with constantly being taken out but everyone was in the same boat and I was responsible for a couple myself. I got to hold P1 for about 10 seconds before being eaten alive and then ran in last place for long enough to think that was where I would finish. Eventually found the pack(thank you boost)
    Last pit stop I was conflicted with how much fuel to take on and another 10 laps in knew it was not quite enough so started to back off and draft as much as possible. This lead to being swamped by the pack again but I had to let them go just to finish without another pit stop. 2laps to go and I hear on the mic exactly what I needed...a massive pile up ahead!
    Pumped the brakes which caused someone to rear end me(sorry) but slipped thru the chaos
    And then roared pass a out of fuel motto for a unbelievable 3rd place. Wow cool!
    SuiCid3 likes this.