F1 (CM) F1 2011

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by xNeVeR_eNoUgHx, Aug 22, 2011.

1. xNeVeR_eNoUgHx

xNeVeR_eNoUgHx Brett

Anyone getting F1 2011? Last years version wasn't a bad first attempt by Codies, and the previews for 2011 looks like they have improved/refined everything. At the very least 24 player online (16 human + 8 AI) is going to be a blast! Hopefully there will be enough interest for it on here so that it can get its own thread in the console sim/league sections of the forum!
  2. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    If you get only a few guys interested you can migrate to the "open online matchups" section
  3. carn_the_pies

carn_the_pies Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    Hey never, good idea with F1, what platform will you be on?
    I can put a thread on whirlpool to attract some new member similar to what we did with GT5 if you can draw up all the rules/settings etc and we can run it from both sites with a ladder setup on here too.
  4. xNeVeR_eNoUgHx

xNeVeR_eNoUgHx Brett

Well most of the time I do favour the 360, mainly cause the whole chat sytem on PS3 is a pile of poo. There's still 4 weeks til release so lets see how much interest we get in the coming weeks before committing to a league of sorts, though I do love your enthusiasm Carn! :D
  5. carn_the_pies

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    I am sure you would get a few from here mate, it's really not too much to setup, njust needs the rules in place so we can advertise it
  6. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

Shame about the 360 preference. I have it (F1 2010) on PS3 but only got it as a filler while waiting for GT5. Found the connection problems and general idiots made my interest decline.
  7. carn_the_pies

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    How about a no assists league, i don't know the setting never.also How does it work with car selecrtion etc
  8. xNeVeR_eNoUgHx

xNeVeR_eNoUgHx Brett

You can have the cars set to equal performance so doesn't matter if you end up with Red Bull or HRT. And no assists for sure!

And I agree with M1K1_D that F1 2010 online was a bit hit and miss. I didn't have any connection issues on the 360, but it was really pot luck with regards to a clean lobby. Hence the need for 'organised leagues'.
  9. carn_the_pies

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    cool, will throw it up on a new thread
  10. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    I'll be picking this up I reckon, unless it gets a rubbish reception, but I did like 2010 so I'm hopeful, more than likely go pc though unfortunately, it's the graffikz you see, very much agree with the dirty bastards online bit, alot like F1 Championship Edition in that respect, you'd have to compete in an organised race to have any fun.
  11. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
    360 preference for me as well but will pick it up for the PS3 now that i have a wheel.

[video]youtube.com/watch?v=Rc6jWpA-03k[/video]
  12. Aza2672

Aza2672 Aron Baker Gold Member

PSN ID
    AB_Saints_25 (Formerly Aza2672)
    I'm getting it on ps3 and I race on f1 2010 most days with a bunch of guys from Oz, USA, NZ & UK. We're clean racers but as you know some accidents happen but none on purpose as with some open lobbies so if ya see me on f1 and want a race message me and I'll send you an invite
  13. ricoXR4

ricoXR4 New Recruit

Might pick this up as well, depending on the reception...PS3 is the only format I own, besides this old clunker of a PC.

That 'season so far' vid is quite cool, especially Vettel going wide giving Button the Canadian GP :lol:
  14. OuttaAngst

OuttaAngst Rookie

F1 2010 was pretty buggy, not sure if I want to waste my cash on 2011 as well. 2011 should really have just been release as a patch for 2010 to fix all the broken stuff, but codemasters wants you to pay for the bug fixes by releasing it as another game.
  15. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

F1 2010 had bugs but they didn't make the game a total disaster as some have sated on the forums. It was a pretty good game all in all and had a good driving feel to it. I drove it a lot till Gt5 came out and havent done much on it since, except when PSN went out for the month.
    Like the new features it is implementing, Team racing, 16 online with 16 Ai, safety car, got all the latest on insidesimracigtv take a look:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9d7uYfJgOTc&feature=player_profilepage
  16. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    So has anyone got this yet? Any feedback?
  17. Aza2672

Aza2672 Aron Baker Gold Member

PSN ID
    AB_Saints_25 (Formerly Aza2672)
    Yeah mate me, Bonus, Neishy, holdenboy and Nugget show far mate its pretty good if you are thinking of getting it
  18. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

I'm getting it today. Should be sweet!
  19. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    So guys how's F1 2011? What do you notice firstly? I saw some clip of the safety car, that was cool!

I have F1 2010 and really like it. Good game, atmosphere, weather system, all the sessions.
    I had just finished the Catalunya GP in my first season, doing about half real race distance... great fun...
  20. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

I have 2010 as well, it was pretty fun online without assists. I will probably get 2011 for PS3 in about a week, looks like some Whirlpool guys are trying setup a league maybe they could migrate here.