Gran Turismo 7 Season 5(0) Division 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Viperzed, Apr 21, 2023.

1. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Hi all,

Following some feedback on the forum, a test session was conducted tonight to determine what changes would benefit the RaceOnOz community. The following changes will be made, effective immediately:
    - Tire wear increase from 3x to 5x
    - Refuelling Speed reduced from 10 to 8 Litres per Second
    - All Racing Tires + Weather variants now available for all rounds
    - Mandatory Tires removed for each round

I will be monitoring the results of ALL divisions following Sunday's race and I may implement a "hot fix" following each round if I think a certain strategy has become OP or overused. This will be discussed among an anonymous group of drivers however I remain open to any and all feedback whether it be via the forum, PM or PSN message.

Thanks to everyone once again for assisting with testing as well as getting the ball rolling when it came to re evaluating the strategy.
    webnomad and George like this.
  2. Mirkz2010

Mirkz2010 Rookie

Fuuark, now I have to learn to drive AND try and strategize with tyres... rip
  3. Steve Neilson

Steve Neilson Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Steve_73_GOOF
    You're better than you think pal, relax and enjoy the drive.
  4. Mirkz2010

Mirkz2010 Rookie

Appreciate the vote of confidence, but got a long way to go before I can 'relax' in the races haha.
    Definitely feel like I'm going to have to force myself to at least try and put in some more time to practice rather than just show up on race night like before if I want to be somewhere mid field or above.
    Dash_Vanguard likes this.
  5. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    good job testing, its a close thing now between multiple stops for softs and other combos. so many factors come into play with multiple stops though...opened up the strategies like a fresh can of Surströmming
    Viperzed likes this.
  6. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    OP Updated with lap counts
  7. Mirkz2010

Mirkz2010 Rookie

Gotta say I'm looking forward to R1.
    Seeing I skipped last season I feel kind of refreshed and eager to jump in with everyone.
  8. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    A reminder to all divs that your lobby should be set to qualifying mode to allow drivers to change tires before the race begins. This session should be set with Tire wear OFF, and Fuel wear as per the race setting. Thanks!
    ControllaGod and incey like this.
  9. Dash_Vanguard

Dash_Vanguard Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Dash_Vanguard
    Hey guys, I'm not going to be able to make tonight's race. I'm running a massive fever and can't stand up. I'll be there next race for sure
    George, Mirkz2010 and ControllaGod like this.
  10. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    What does "I may implement a hot fix following each round" mean? Just don't think it's a good idea to potentially change the rules multiple times during the season.
  11. ControllaGod

ControllaGod Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    ControllaGod
    Ever since I changed this setting to tyre wear off in quali, I don't seem to be having any wear during practice. Is it meant to be like this?
  12. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    yes, practice uses the qualifying settings
    ControllaGod likes this.
  13. Tk31

Tk31 Rookie

PSN ID
    lbp26c
    Been practicing Autopolis on RS only the whole week, will be interesting to see the different strats with all tyres available. AI basically does the entire 24 laps without pitting and on one set of RH
  14. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Round 1: Autopolis International Racing Course - Custom Weather - Sunrise 9x - 24 Laps - 07/05
    [​IMG]
    WELCOME to Season 5 for Gran Turismo 7!!
    As always please take a couple minutes to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night.
    If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regulations please ask!

ROOM OPEN :
    Room captains may have practice rooms open beforehand but should have the official room up by 7:45pm AEST. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread know if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.

SIGHT ISSUES:
    Before qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again.Type the number of cars you can see in the lobby chat and cross check with other drivers to ensure clarity.

QUALIFYING : 8:00 pm AEDT for 10 mins.
    Feel free to run practice laps prior to qualifying, The host will trigger a 'Room Reset' closer to the commencement of Qualifying.
    Once 10 mins of session time has elapsed, finish the lap you are on and stop the car off the circuit somewhere near the start of the lap.

PITS ARE OPEN DURING QUALIFYING

RACE START TIME : 8:10 AEDT

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS :
    This is up to the room host/captains. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I would suggest only having 1 restart if required due to DSC, due to having to set up the room from scratch and also having to set timed laps in order to set the grid. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....

TURN 1 LAP 1 :
    The old saying goes, you can’t win the race on lap 1, but you can definitely lose it. Please be mindful of other drivers on lap 1 coming into turn 1, and for that matter, the entire race. It can be very demoralizing to hot lap on your own for 45 minutes as I'm sure many of you are aware.

TRACK LIMITS :
    As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage, position or time wise. Track Limits protests may be launched by any active driver in the race.

Is to be avoided at all times..... If you make contact with someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Occasionally, Gran Turismo track limits may teleport a disadvantaged driver backwards on circuit to ‘reset’ them, if this occurs at the hand of another driver, IT IS EXPECTED that the driver at fault will wait and redress the position.
    Side by side 'rubbing' is racing is allowed and promoted within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room. For clarity surrounding racing room, please feel free to PM @Viperzed
    Show each other RESPECT! It is difficult enough to drive the car at the limit on your own, without someone squeezing you within a millimeter of the grass.
    So be patient and show respect to your fellow drivers.
    If you are redressing contact, please do so out of the way of other cars, off the racing line, or if there isn't much room, off track.

PIT ENTRY/EXIT LINES :
    Pit Line Penalties are ON so you will be penalised in game if you cut any part of the entry or exit lines.

BLUE FLAGS :
    Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS :
    This season, the Head Steward will be @Viperzed. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let him know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. Stewards may ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captains to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY :
    If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved!

PARKING UP :
    If you are unable to continue to race, please enter the pits and leave your game paused without selecting tyres so that your car stays parked in the pits. Parking up off track activates yellow flags in the sector, and even though penalties are off, we have reports of penalties occurring for passes happening near the parked car. Quitting off track results in a sometimes race ending lag spike and may be punished in extreme scenarios.

ATTENDANCE:
    Could all drivers please inform Room Captains or make a post on the division thread if they do not intend on racing on Sunday night, Room Captains/ Lobby Hosts are advised not to wait for anyone who has not communicated their intentions. If you do not post in your room thread or psn chat that you cannot attend, a spot may not be held for you for the following weeks race.

TRACK SPECIFIC - Autopolis International Racing Course

A very technical circuit, Autopolis is very hard on tyres, so choose your compound carefully. All racing tyres are available, including wets. Keep an eye on the radar!
  15. ControllaGod

PSN ID
    ControllaGod
    Round 1 Results
    Qualifying
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Race
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Hatfield, webnomad and Matthyus like this.
  16. Mirkz2010

Mirkz2010 Rookie

Good race all. There was some nice close racing.
    Little disappointed with my race.
    Opted to start on RH knowing I couldn't get close to one stop on RM or RS after a couple sessions of practice during the week and hoped for the best. Copped a punt into the grass early on which unfortunately sent me to the back (think I was very slightly offtrack already trying to avoid what I thought was some carnage on turn 2).
    Got my head down and just did my laps hoping my time would be made up down the track (and maybe some offs) and to an extent it did, except by about lap 14 I was starting to struggle and losing my grip in the front left. Couple more laps trying to hold of Hoges and Arnold as best I could and then hit the pits on about lap 16 to run RS to the end.

Was nice to have the grip back and found I was able to get around a couple guys quickly.

Really struggled throughout the race due to the lag and cars bouncing around the shop a bit...(don't think it was everyone but certainly some more than others) it's really off putting and having to deal with that for an extended time & just frazzled my nerves. Was trying to get around Tuddy for what felt like forever and he was bouncing around a bit too and I attempted a pass but took too much speed into the corner trying to steer clear of rubbing/bumps and that was the end of that.

Was also watching incey's car get thrown around corners and blow sparks off everywhere too. Not every corner but here and there.

Was nice to get back amongst it though but I do wish PD would've done something to sort the cars moving around on track like that by now. Thanks for hosting @ControllaGod & for @Dybo running the party.
    See you all at the next one!
    webnomad, ControllaGod and Matthyus like this.
  17. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Hi all,

First of all I'd just like to thank you for your patience in the lead up to this round. I've publicly played with massive amounts of BOP and event management before but never to this level of strategy and wear rates before so I've been very greatful of the feedback that i've received from everyone thus far!

The decision to move the season focus from door to door racing for 45 minutes to that of strategy was not an easy one, but one that was considered amongst many drivers of different skill level before it was decided the league as a whole would benefit, I think that decision speaks for itself tonight having seen so many different strategies at play in each division and EVERY single tire option being used. General feedback points to the tire wear levels being optimum for bringing multiple different strategies into play, however sub-par for driving enjoyment which ultimately is what we're after, it's why we go racing!

Keeping this in mind, we will adjust to 4x Tire Wear Rate for N24 Round 2 onwards. This rate will be monitored closely at each round as previously mentioned and adjusted if we see fit. There has also been a change to TOD for Round 2 which has been reflected in the OP as well as multiple additions to the room settings section to provide clarity for those wishing to pracitce, as well as the Room Hosts whom have been a little neglected thus far.

On another note, Apologies for the lack of Drivers Briefing this weekend, and thank you to @CaptainRisky21 who picked up my slack and got it done.

Finally, I am still open to ANY and ALL Feedback surrounding the season and how we are going about things! I'm very excited by the numbers we've had sign up this season and I want to do everything I can to hold onto those as well as entice new faces into the fold, if you think there is anything we're missing, whether it be how the Drivers Briefing is set out, lack of involvement, no streaming, etc, Please let me know!!

Enjoy the week break all,
    Viper
    webnomad and ControllaGod like this.
  18. ControllaGod

PSN ID
    ControllaGod
    I'm sorry to hear this. I was worried lag could be an issue if I hosted which is why I was reluctant to do so last season. If this was a problem for everyone then maybe someone else should host. If not, then I'm happy to keep doing it.

I did a fair bit of practice for this round, at least for my standards, since I didn't really know the track, but wasn't really sure of my pace. I went with a 1 stop M/M strategy. Started P2 and got a clean start, although dropped down to 3rd which I expected on mediums. My pit stop was on lap 12, timed to perfection, coming out right in front of @webnomad. I was very surprised at the gap I ended up creating. I guess it was just a good strategy and I was consistent with no mistakes. I like the car this season, and the strategy options make it interesting. Looking forward to the Nurburgring.
    Here's some pics. I think I did @incey a little dirty in the last picture, but the rear window sticker made it funny.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Tk31, incey, Viperzed and 6 others like this.
  19. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    lovely shots, especially the last one lol man I wish PD would add the fkn time gaps between driver and car ahead and behind in VR mode. with all these strategy changes we're at a disadvantage.
    incey and ControllaGod like this.
  20. webnomad

webnomad Team Driver

PSN ID
    webnomad
    nice shots @ControllaGod :) ... i was running RS / RM strat ...so i was able to keep up with you on RS ...but On RM you had the speed and the gap opened for you - well played :)
    ControllaGod likes this.