GT Sport Season 15 Division 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Apr 12, 2021.

1. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    from an admin POV, No thanks ... :cry:
  2. Stew Wilson

Stew Wilson Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Stew_Wilson72
    My 2 cents worth is that I see gtkingx putting in alot of time,/miles/laps into every week. So he is reaping the rewards from that hard work. I do selfishly wish he was in div 1...lol......but good luck to him.
    That clarification around why he is in Div 2 above helps.
    I notice he is A+ as well, so he's definitely in another level to me (he qualified faster on RM than I did on RS )
    Apex_64 and gtkingx like this.
  3. gtkingx

gtkingx Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    gtkingx
    I found a daily race that with a car/track combo that suited me and kept repeating it until I hit A+. I think I've only done 2 races since so I don't lose it :whistling::laugh:
    Xtr3meNZer, Stew Wilson and Peersy like this.
  4. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Perhaps we could move you and whoever is in with a realistic shot at the D2 title up into the D1 room but still score point for the d2 table.
    This would fill out the div 1 room, and still allow a title fight for div 2.
    (The argument for races being impacted by cars in a different championship is mute, as this occurs in other multi class series)
    At a glance the guys fighting for the div 2 title are:
    @gtkingx
    @TUBBSTER22
    @UrsineSaturn9
    @Hatfield

The only negative I see is the div 2 field then becomes small
  5. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Room 2. Div 2 overall is still larger than current D1.
    We are just creating an illusion of a full room ;)
    Apex_64 likes this.
  6. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Yeah, that discussion went about how I thought it would. My take home message was from @Matthyus "suck it up and get on with it!"
    The suggestions / discussions are good, but I'm against changing anything significantly mid season. The empty room "problem" can be solved, but of course creates new ones.

So back to the discussion, no @T F Eccles we didn't try that in S13 as divisions still existed. So long as they do (and not saying they're a bad thing) there will always be the appeal to race in the top of a lower division than at the bottom of a higher one. Getting rid of divisions completely will get rid of that, but create other "problems".
    Admin problems aside, I had assumed R1Q and then championship points order to fill the rooms, hence the points cross-over to allow promotion / demotion depending upon performance AND attendance (just thought of a new "problem" there: drop rounds go out the windows and/or you'll forever be on the back foot if you miss a round early....)
  7. Stew Wilson

Stew Wilson Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Stew_Wilson72
    Ive tried that, still not good enough. in fact I love the GR3 Porsche at Catlunya, I did a few races and got punted 4 times in a row, lost DR and my SR went from 99 to 80.....LMAO
    gtkingx likes this.
  8. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Haven't done a daily on my main account for some time. Just did first FIA in almost 2 months (I used to do them a lot more). Might do more now that the time table has moved back later
  9. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    OK so Divs existed but the rooms were filled from top down based on the previous race finish time. It didn't always work but it seemed to balance the relative lobby pace. It's been said before but is worth repeating, the Divs essentially exist due to the room limit of 16 entrants etc etc.

So, what do you do? Run a qualifier before each round to set the room entry lists? Might work, but quali pace doesn't always equal race pace/race craft etc. It's complex issue and is going to take some "tihin'in Baba Looey".
  10. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Personally i don't want a heap of div 2 boys in the div 1 lobby, for no other reason than the fact that if one of the d1 boys make a mistake and end up behind the d2 boys, there is always confusion over whether to concede the place or race for it. I'd rather a dwindling grid of competitive close racing than a full grid where we're afraid to pass because of a separate c'ship.
    Darren Day, Apex_64 and gtkingx like this.
  11. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
    Quick understanding question.
    Which division is short of driver’s, again?
    Last edited: May 31, 2021
  12. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Just one qually to set grid and rooms for round 1 (and grid position I reckon), after that rooms set by championship rank (for the entire league - no divisions). Only problem as I mentioned is the drop rounds, so if you miss round 1 and get zero points, then that idea falls over.
    In other words, suck it up and leave things as they are (which I agree). This "problem" wouldn't exist if divisions didn't exist as everyone would be competing to get as high up the ranking table as possible. The word "Division" means to divide right? Which it indeed does and creates a bit of an "us" and "them" mentality
    There was a driver notably absent from Div 2 last night..... :rolleyes:
    Apex_64 and CaptainRisky21 like this.
  13. CaptainRisky21

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    The division that's short of drivers is besides the point, if div 3 was having attendance issues the same questions would be asked, except it would involve both div 2 and 4. It just so happened that notable FIA events (Olympics/FIA World Tour) came up during the recent past, which a lot of the Div 1 boys have a realistic shot at making.
    Apex_64 likes this.
  14. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    I agree with you 100%.
    I think i ignited this by suggesting I fill up the back of the Div1 grid rather than race in Div2 where apart from GT there is a gr8 podium championship battle. I have pulled over twice to avoid affecting Div2 championship. Hat did not reply to my suggestion, instead suggesting 4 top Div2 go up.
    Do you mind me racing when/if I can at rear of Div1. If I think for eg. I am too slow in 1st sprint race I will not start in 2nd and be a roadblock problem. I also always let faster guys pass after a mistake or different strat as you have experienced racing with me.
    @Hatfield can you reply as living in Victoria:rolleyes: I will most likely be able to race this week.
    Last edited: May 31, 2021
    Easyprey007 likes this.
  15. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    lol sorry. Yeah you can run in whichever room you like.
    Streaming isn't happening in div 1 at the moment anyway as Demo1 has PC issues, so the grid issue with it being streamed is a mute point too.

Also @NAACS texted me that he couldn't make it pre-race during the day
  16. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
    So div1 will be full this round?
  17. CaptainRisky21

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Highly doubt it
  18. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
    Yeqh aint that going to be the truth for another season.
  19. CaptainRisky21

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    What's your point here mate? Things come up mid season that can render people unavailable on a Sunday night, people also become disinterested in the game. You've said multiple times that you'll never race in Div 1 also, so there's that to consider too.
  20. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Looks like the point was to try and get a rise out of someone. Seems successful. Thanks @NAACS for your well thought out contribution to the discussion