GT Sport Season 15 Division 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Apr 12, 2021.

1. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I agree, aggressiveness can be rewarded but, as you say, is a big risk to yourself and others. The other incident shows where a dive up the inside of two other cars ended very badly for a lot of innocent drivers.
    gtkingx likes this.
  2. ScottPye20

ScottPye20 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    ScottPye20
    Finally, someone who agrees with me!
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    The only thing I remember from the Race 2 incident, was going into the slow left T5 uphill and getting pushed from behind which put me into @Darren Day and unfortunately turned him around
  4. gtkingx

gtkingx Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    gtkingx
    Having been a controller driver in the past, I understand your point of view.

However, from my perspective I disagree with Apex entirely. The high tyre wear combined with the long pit times has really opened up strategy options and has also rewarded drivers who can look after their tyres

This is racing simulation and because we don't want to be sitting down and racing for hours, using high wear rates to "simulate" a race is the only way to do it, otherwise it's just an outright sprint race
  5. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    it's not that only he agrees with you on tyre terms.

Pre-season we set regulations we think will work. Sometimes they do, and sometimes they don't. I personally also struggled with the tyres last night, but it is what it is.
    I had some good battles and was bested at the end of both races.

Also we don't always run higher wear rates. I think the nissan GT500 was a flat out push season, and some guys enjoyed it more than others, just like this season.

You can't please everybody
    Peersy likes this.
  6. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Here we go. From every drivers perspective. Under the circumstances not a whole lot that could be done differently to affect the outcome
    groover33 and gtkingx like this.
  7. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    That is where the problem lies with this sort of aggression.
    To maintain the speed through the corner, cars are using contact with other cars to maintain speed through the corner to complete an overtake. Rather than backing off when their chosen driving line can not maintain that corner speed, without thought of others, some are using other cars as turning helpers to complete the pass. Usually the car they are passing.
    Forcing into a gap with two wheels on grass is over aggressive and unsportsmanlike, and will always compromise your line, and speed through and out of the corner.
    Too many are willing to compromise or ruin another drivers race via aggression and unsportsmanlike behaviour.
    Yes passing is a thrill, but so is clean racing side by side, or waiting for a few laps to find the right place for a clean pass, with skill not muscle.
    Needs to be more effort to keep the paint on your own car, and not create a Picasso.
  8. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    It all looked good from my perspective.
  9. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    That is a still image. There was 1 1/2 cars gap when the move was made which quickly closed to 1/2 cars width (not surprising given 3 cars on the outside).
  10. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Emmos perspective! :laugh:
    [​IMG]
  11. ScottPye20

PSN ID
    ScottPye20
    Therein lies the problem. The races are trying to be something they aren't and that to me is artificial.
    groover33 likes this.
  12. gtkingx

PSN ID
    gtkingx
    Given we're racing "cars" on a playstation, it's likely to be a somewhat artificial experience
  13. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    The main issue with the setting this season is the early season big increase in pit stop time, it skewed the strategy towards no stopping. If the pit times were the same as at the start of the season then optional strategies would still be available.
    groover33 and Rangeraus like this.
  14. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    That update was on 4th March before the season started so long pitstops were always going to be a thing. Not that I'd benefit from it, but probably due for a lower tyre wear season soon
    Peersy likes this.
  15. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I think the pit stop times were changed after the tyre wear rate was decided.
    groover33 and UrsineSaturn9 like this.
  16. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Either way it threw tyre wear/pit stop calculation out.
  17. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Ahhh........ The best laid plans......... Are only one GT Sport update away from being ruined....
    ScottPye20 likes this.
  18. ScottPye20

PSN ID
    ScottPye20
    That much is obvious but we should try to make it as authentic as possible.
    TUBBSTER22, groover33 and Apex_64 like this.
  19. gtkingx

PSN ID
    gtkingx
    In a real race you have to deal with tyre wear and drive accordingly. So I'd say the high tyre wear is making it as authentic as possible without making the races hours long. The only other option is to make it an outright sprint race every round where tyre wear just doesn't come into it ... is that really authentic?
  20. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    In Real Life racing series, such issue can or are often managed through the supply of sticky but quickly wearing tyres. Teams and drivers construct a strategy accordingly.

How do you simulate that in something like GT Sport? Oh, yes, tyre wear multipliers.

Having said that, in future I'd like to see a lower tyre wear rate in exchange for say a lower starting fuel amount, one that would strongly influence a pit stop.