GT Sport Season 16 Division 3 - Powered by Torque Tuition

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jul 8, 2021.

1. Rangeraus

Rangeraus Team Driver Gold Member

Lap Guide and Track Limits
  2. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Pole
    [​IMG]
    Grid
    [​IMG]
    Race 1 (2 parts)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Race 1 lap times
    [​IMG]
    Race 1 Lap times part 2
    [​IMG]

Race 2 Results
    [​IMG]
    Razorpod 12th 1:45.435
    Dragonfly actually retired Lap 2, 13th - 1:54.458

Race 2 Lap times
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2021
    Bluemoon, Peersy and Matthyus like this.
  3. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Provisional results
    1. Josh R1 1st R2 1st 37.5 (pole and FL)
    2. Emmo R1 2nd R2 5th 25.5
    3. Ovlov R1 3rd R2 8th 20
    4. Beats R1 4th r2 7th 17.5
    5. Anders R1 8th R2 3rd 16
    6. Rpeem r1 10th r 2 2nd 16
    7. Steve Goof r1 5th r2 11th 13.5
    8. Evilmoon R1 9th r2 4th 13.5
    9. Peersy R1 7th R2 9th 12.5
    10.Razorpod R1 5th R2 12th 12
    11. REA r1 11th R2 10th 8
    12. Blunty R1 13th R2 6th 8
    13. Dragonfly R1 12th R2 13th 5.5
    Peersy likes this.
  4. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I somehow I managed 2nd place again. Qualified 7th, moved up 1 place to 6th at turn 1 and then at turn 5 the three cars ahead exited stage right to put me up to third. From there I watched @LE_bananajosh tow @Beats143 off into the distance up front and a number of cars were trying to catch me from behind, I was losing ground to the leaders at a big rate but was managing to keep the gap behind fairly constant. Then on lap 8 Banana spun at turn 13 and Beats copied him at the chicane and I was in the lead, amazing. Ovlov was behind and I was holding the gap to him but then Bananajosh came back through to second and closed the gap to me with ease, unfortunately he towed ovlov with him and ovlov and I then had a torrid battle over 2nd, we passed each other on the straight over the closing laps and he had me for pace but wobbled more than I did and I scraped home in 2nd. Unbelievable.
    Race two was absolute chaos with cars shooting across my bows at turn 1 and eventually I worked my way to 5th through other's misadventures. The pack in front was too fast for me to catch so I settled for 5th once I worked out the round points in my head and could see I would be taking 2nd for the night with a 5th place finish. Banana worked his way comfortably to the front to take the race 2 win, overall win with pole and FL. Well done Josh, too fast.
    Ben Campbell and Bluemoon like this.
  5. Peersy

Peersy Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    peersy_23
    Well done guys, some great racing (albeit absolute chaos at the same time)
    I surprised myself qualifying 6th and next to zero practice.
    Emmo I was hunting you down early in the race 2 for P3 but I sausaged it up on the kerb at final chicane and lost control and spun.I was gutted.
    Later spun again and found myself at P12 then worked my way through.
    Despite all that, I thought this round was the most enjoyable round all season
  6. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Muust have been race 1 if I was in third. I never got higher than 5th in race 2.
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2021
    Peersy likes this.
  7. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    @LE_bananajosh finish out the season on the wheel please.

If you want to use controller, move up to division 2
    emmo46 and RPeeM808 like this.
  8. Peersy

PSN ID
    peersy_23
    Ah yes race 1
  9. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    After I magically popped up in third place I was conscious of the huge line of cars behind for a number of laps. I was also aware that a good many of them were faster than me and would be hunting me down. Fortunately there seemed to be jostling for position back there which was relieving the pressure until ovlov got to lead that pack. I was trying to keep the gap over a second, he would close a little but then drop back again. Once Josh came back through the pack and caught me easily, ovlov came with him. We then had a mega battle. I tried to get a tow from Josh after he passed me at turn 1 but by the end of the lap he had put well over a second on me and I was in ovlov's sights. He nearly had me but a couple of minor wobbles allowed me by and just clear when it mattered. I don't think I have fought so fiercely yet cleanly for a place.
    gtkingx and Peersy like this.
  10. Peersy

PSN ID
    peersy_23
    That's really awesome mate, well raced.
    Wish I didn't had that moment, I reckon I could have kept with you and participated in some battles. Ahhh well
    emmo46 likes this.
  11. LE_bananajosh

LE_bananajosh Team Driver

PSN ID
    GT_bananajosh1
    What if I want to win the championship?
    Anders likes this.
  12. Ben Campbell

Ben Campbell Rookie

PSN ID
    -xOVLOVx-
    Emmo thanks for the great racing. I was sweating by the end of it. I was quicker than you in the last sector but you had me through the middle of the track.
  13. Ben Campbell

Ben Campbell Rookie

PSN ID
    -xOVLOVx-
    I definitely prefer the sprint races with tyre wear off.
    It was definitely chaotic at the start. 1st race turn 5 incident some one went up the inside of me and accidentally spun out the car in front of me and lost there momentum. So I gained a couple of positions.
    Had a great battle with emmo for a lot of race. Kept the pressure on. When the yellows came out wasn’t expecting to see leader off and the 2nd place slowly getting back to pace. Got round him on the start straight.
    When he eventually passed me back I couldn’t stay with him. .
    2nd race was going to be cracker as I love having slow cars in front.
    Unfortunately I spun or was helped going into turn 2.
    2nd last from there. As some one else had been spun or stopped. From there I clawed my self back to 6 or 7th place.
    Was having a great battle with gof swapping positions on the straight holding him in against the inside of the track for turn 1 ect. He was much faster onto the back straight and would pass me back. This all come undo at the end of the lap when I got punted into him making him spin. I slowed up waiting for him for him to rejoin just to bit. Lost 4 spots but regained 3.
    Still enjoyed it
    emmo46 likes this.
  14. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    I think it's because you're clearly a div 2 or better driver on a controller, however you were put down into div 3 so you could learn how to use the wheel. It would be a bit unfair for everyone else if you kept using the controller under these circumstances i think.
  15. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Beats just needs a 5th place next round to put him out of your reach, 2nd would be the best you could get. If you didn't get maximum points for the remaining two rounds and I got another 2nd from one of the last two rounds then 3rd would the best you could get.
  16. LE_bananajosh

LE_bananajosh Team Driver

PSN ID
    GT_bananajosh1
    But I haven’t won a title in so long
  17. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    We don't give them away. If you wanted to win this one you needed to start scoring points earlier but then you would have given away the fact you were using your div 2 pace on the controller when you were put here because you were learning to use a wheel.
    Easyprey007 likes this.
  18. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    It's not all about you or any 1 individual.

Everyone wants to win the championship! and a lot of people have to wait a long time to even win 1

Would you rather be a champion racing against guys of similar pace or by being tricky to race against drivers slower than yourself?
    Stew Wilson and Easyprey007 like this.
  19. RPeeM808

RPeeM808 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    RPeeM808
    Unfortunately I was the one you mention in front of you in turn 5 R1....definitely killed the momentum, but caused by another behind/inside you... Check out the replay and all will become clear
  20. Beats143

Beats143 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Beats143
    Div3 is for Div3 drivers that are there for a reason and there will always be faster and slower drivers in each division and they will go up and down at the start of each season according to their results and pre season qualifying. If an agreement was made to allow a Div2 driver into Div3 whilst they adjusted to using a wheel then that is a club committee decision. (Which i am sure was based on an agreement) To have someone that has been granted that dispensation choose to do the opposite when it suits them shows blatant disrespect for the committee and the club and is not in the spirit of what this is about. That car is now in positions on the track it shouldn’t be and is taking away pole position and fastest lap points from those that have the right to fight for them. Not to mention the affect it has on the championship points up for grabs and the battles on track. Obviously this effects me and others at the pointy end of the leaderboard and may be seen as sour grapes but i am just pointing out the facts as i see them.
    I feel this needed to be said as there has been a lot of beating around the bush on this subject and i feel it is tainting the integrity of the club and the Div3 championship.