GT Sport Season 16 Division 3 - Powered by Torque Tuition

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jul 8, 2021.

1. Beats143

Beats143 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Beats143
    Thanks Emmo
  2. Beats143

PSN ID
    Beats143
    Thanks Peersy
    Peersy likes this.
  3. Beats143

PSN ID
    Beats143
    Well, Tokyo wet night, what a crazy place. I already knew at least 4 people had me covered for pace from some practice in the week leading into the race so my one and only game plan was qual in top 5, achieved that and don’t make any mistakes, did not achieve that:(. Staying with a pack via slip was going to be very important and when i spun on lap 2 coming out of the hair pin i was left on my own and all the swearing and cursing i did made no difference other than i got to give myself a verbal uppercut. Turned the focus switch on and got to it. I pitted on lap 8 and that kept me on my own so uneventful until final laps. @Ben Campbell was having some problems in front and started to come back to me and on the replay i noticed @emmo46 saved him on lap 17 between T1 & T2 when Ben started to spin and Emmo being right behind hit him in the rear and straightened him out. Emmo was off and after Ben had another moment i battled with him until the end. I so wanted to be more aggressive in the last 2 laps but needed to respect 4th place as i had worked hard to salvage that from my spin early in the race. Congrats to the podium and Josh for the win who apparently is the Rain Man. Well done guys
    2 x 13 lap sprints at Catalunya with no tyre wear, not a fan but looking forward to some epic battles none the less.
    See ya out there. Cheers
    Hatfield, LE_bananajosh and Matthyus like this.
  4. RPeeM808

RPeeM808 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    RPeeM808
    rain
    rain man, what a classic!!... have to admit, the upcoming with no tyre wear somewhat baffling......deffo bring the wolfpack together..every week a new challenge
  5. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    My race was largely uneventful as well. I qualified 5th again, then somehow popped out of the 1st corner pack in third. The two guys in front just pulled away after I fell out of the slipstream with a messy run onto the straight and the guys behind fell away with some squirrelly moments as well. It stayed that way through the pit stops. I pitted lap 9 with Josh and came out just behind Ben but he pulled away from me again as I was a little messy on my fresh tyres, Ben had kept his first set and initially pulled away from me but by lap 14 he was drifting slowly back to me. I caught him on lap 16 and when he had a messy moment between turns 1 and 2 I slipped though and then pulled away. There was no catching Josh though as he just powered away from us all.
    Beats143 and Matthyus like this.
  6. Beats143

PSN ID
    Beats143
    Could someone please explain the step by process of getting a recorded clip from the capture gallery to YouTube
    A. for protest purposes and how to let the administrator know how to find it ( i am not protesting anything currently) i just want to know how you go about it
    B. If i wanted to post something worthy or funny on the forum from you tube once i had uploaded it
    I tried to look it up and found Procedure for post race complaints or protests from 2011 but no instructions re the above
    Thanks in advance
  7. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    1. Log in to Youtube on PS4
    2. In Capture Gallery, select video and press Share button on controller
    3. Select Youtube, change title, description, privacy settings as required and upload
    4. Go to Youtube on your computer or phone and find your video
    5. Copy URL (Ctrl+C) and select the Video icon within the ROOZ formum and paste it there "Ctrl+V" and click okay
    6. Post away!
    Stew Wilson, Matthyus and Beats143 like this.
  8. Beats143

PSN ID
    Beats143
    Thanks Urs much appreciated
  9. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Point to note, there is a delay between the upload finishing and it being available on YouTube.
    If you want to make it purty or you have several clips to pull together you'll need to use Share Factory.
    Beats143 likes this.
  10. LE_bananajosh

LE_bananajosh Team Driver

PSN ID
    GT_bananajosh1
    Do you guys want me go back to the pad?
  11. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Do whatever you want mate
  12. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Your call. Whatever makes you happy.
  13. LE_bananajosh

PSN ID
    GT_bananajosh1
    Ok
    emmo46 likes this.
  14. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    You dropped a division due to moving to the wheel and being slower while trying to learn it.
    If you go back to the pad, you should move back up to division 2.

Did you use pad or wheel last Sunday?
  15. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I tthink he used the pad and some extra horsepower as well. ;)
  16. LE_bananajosh

PSN ID
    GT_bananajosh1
    I use the pad cause my COVID vaccine
  17. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Sore shoulder?
  18. LE_bananajosh

PSN ID
    GT_bananajosh1
    Numb left arm
  19. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Stay on the wheel @LE_bananajosh, you'll be better of in the long run.
    Hatfield and gtkingx like this.
  20. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Round 5: Circuit de Barcelona Catalunya - 2x 13 Laps - 5:30 Sunny - 15/8 - Sprint
    [​IMG]

WELCOME to Season 16!!
    As always please take 2 mins to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night.
    If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regulations please ask!

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:30 AEST. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:20 AEST for 10 mins. We are using practice mode this season for qualifying.
    Once 10 mins has been reached, finish the lap you are on and park up off track.
    PITS ARE OPEN DURING QUALIFYING
    RACE START TIME : 8:30 AEST (once qualifying has completed)

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS : This is up to the room host/captains. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....
    SIGHT ISSUES: Ensure that you can see everyone on track. Before qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again.

FALSE START CHECK : Please note that the start type is Grid Start with False Start Check
    Please practice this so you know what to expect. Simply, you hold the brakes on until the lights go from all lit, to none lit

TURN 1 LAP 1 : This has the potential to ruin someone's night if we don't use our heads! Should be everyone's goal to get through the first phase with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line. If your unassisted tap causes someone to spin, you need to redress.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage.
    The ripple strips are the red/white and also green/white striped areas (not the green only parts).

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.
    If you bump someone and they end up off track or teleport back to the corner entry, you must wait for them to rejoin and get back up to speed.
    Show each other RESPECT! It is difficult enough to drive the car at the limit on your own, without someone squeezing you within a millimeter of the grass.
    So be patient and show respect to your fellow drivers.
    If you are redressing contact, please do so out of the way of other cars, off the racing line, or if there isn't much room, off track.

TYRES : Racing Softs (NO TYRE WEAR)

PIT ENTRY : Please attempt to follow the pit entry lane. Failure to do so may result in a penalty (especially in the instance another driver is affected). You will be allowed to cut the entry up until the grass. Do not cut the grass.

PIT EXIT : Please attempt to follow the pit exit lane, Penalties will be adjudicated in similar fashion to Pit Entry. Please be aware of cars approaching on the straight. Be careful when exiting that you don't move across the track impeding incoming cars. For cars on the straight, please give room to drivers as they exit the pits. Please do not cut the unbroken white exit line on the left of the pit lane all the way down the straight.
    NOTE: Pitting is NOT COMPULSORY and with no tyre wear and 100% starting fuel, you shouldn't have to pit

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the steward will be @Hatfield. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let him know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. Stewards will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved!

PARKING UP : If you are unable to continue to race, please enter the pits and leave your game paused without selecting tyres (or no tyres) so that your car stays parked in the pits. Parking up off track activates yellow flags in the sector, and even though penalties are off, we have reports of penalties occurring for passes happening near the parked car.

FINAL NOTE: Could all drivers please confirm their attendance for this Sunday by 'liking' this post in your division. If you are unable to attend, please post in reply as much in your division. This way we can figure out our reserves or if the room can start early in advance.
    (ALSO IF YOU KNOW YOU CANNOT ATTEND, PLEASE POST SAYING SO, SO THAT RESERVES CAN BE ORGANISED IN ADVANCE)
    If you do not post in your room thread or psn chat that you cannot attend, a spot may not be held for you for the following weeks race

VIDEO: @Rangeraus has kindly offered to complete a track limits video so look out for that soon

REVERSE GRID RACE 2: Please watch your aggression when attempting to come through the field in race 2. Just because you are faster, does not mean you can push to pass.
    Blunty075, Bluemoon, shane and 7 others like this.