GT6 Division 1 Season 8

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jan 12, 2016.

1. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    T1 L1 of restarted was all of my own brilliance at totally goofing the right hander and dropping 2 in the gravel as a I braked for the chicane then mashing buttons trying to hit pause to not kill anyone (which I managed to do then undo instantly). Waited half an hour to completely balls up the restart and was pretty filthy with myself until about 3 minutes later when everyone except Warrior had made their own mistakes and handed me back all the time I lost - considered myself very very lucky on that one.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  2. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Yeah sorry about that. Gt6 was having massive issues. The whole online system ground down to a snails pace. I tried resets but didn't seem to do anything. So than just waited. Room was working normally though. I was almost going to give up but I practiced this week and every week I've raced we've waited 15-30mins to start for people to actually show. The lag wasn't just the start it was the whole race and the entire field of cars, it was crazy. I come to race which was impossible with everyone sliding and teleporting all over the track.

Anyway my foot slipped on the brake and I false started massively from it. So back of the grid for me. Managed to catch the slip stream on back straight but at second chicane Bryan got all out of shape and I had no where to go and clobbered him :( we both spun and hit the wall. Rough start.. I tried to just settle into a rhythm. I lost touch with stigs braking to avoid nicko. On my out lap I spun right at the end in the finale chicane, so no undercut for me.

Over the next stint I closed up the gap but was tough going with the gap yo-yoing as I'm assuming Bryan and I made little mistakes. The final stint I got into his slip stream. We had a few laps of battling before I made a move stick. But it wasn't over. I was stronger in the first sector allowing me to have a little less pressure down the back straight. Although Bryan was quicker in the middle part of the lap, until an off at indianapolis let off the pressure. Was able to start closing a little on the guys ahead but not enough laps to make any real difference.

Congrats warrior on another championship. Sorry stigs and Bryan for not really have a proper go this season and bad luck nicko.

We all show up to race, not deal with lag. Maybe the rooms should be setup as friends only in future like most prior seasons.
    B-Spec Bob likes this.
  3. AUSnicko9

AUSnicko9 Professional

PSN ID
    aussie_nicko
    Dan Holland never got a restart at Cape Ring in season 5, don't understand why last night should've been any different.
  4. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
  5. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    It was a fine performance, 3 wins out of 6 in this company is something to be very proud of.
    StigsTC and JonoStan96 like this.
  6. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    good point! My money would be on you @AUSnicko9 if you made all 7 rounds next season :thumbsup:
  7. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    I've lost count of the number of lag punts I've had this season. Leaving wasn't about lag punts (although I had multiple within the first 30secs). 1 min into the race and it was clear with the mile long tornado of cars teleporting and spinning on/off the track that meant it was impossible to race. Others were also experiencing a lot of lag too, from the comments.

You losing out at the start wasn't anything to do with lag, Stigs was being a little optimistic by the looks of things and grabbed the dirt when trying to pull up (racing incident). I dont understand why you quit? I really wanted you to beat Warrior, but he proved too good.
  8. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Here's my account of what happened at the start. The lights go out, Luke lag punts me straight into the pit wall. I reverse and carry on with the race. Then on the main straight, I saw a huge amount of lag and teleporting from Luke, which is simply unacceptable for a 90-minute race. When Luke decided to pull the plug, I followed suit.
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
  9. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    What happened ? The replay at the start shows stigstc going wide onto the gravel and going into a wild spin, he just clips you at the same time Jono is on the inside, you lose a bit of momentum and I go past. Jono me and you are right together down mulsanne. You make a move on Jono at the hairpin, doesn't work out and you redress, giving me a 2 second lead. Then approaching Indianapolis, you pull out of Jono's slipstream, touch the grass and slide into the wall, luckily not spinning. Now 5 seconds back to me, you inherit 2nd when Jono loses it at the Porsche curves. Your speed was good and you close the gap to 3.5 over the next 2 laps. I then extend it back to 4. Starting lap 5, you go wide at the 1st chicane and possibly pick up some dirt on your tyres, just after the dunlop bridge you then lose the rear and spin deep into the gravel. A couple erratic laps after this and 30 seconds from the lead and 15 from 2nd you decide to exit the race.

l don't understand why, there was still a long way to go.

Congrats on you fine season though, that was the closet challenge I ever had.
    B-Spec Bob, Hatfield and JonoStan96 like this.
  10. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Well regardless of what happened, I can empathise with Nicko as I'd be annoyed if you had a 3+ second lead and suddenly the race is effectively red flagged when 2 people quit.

Unfortunately it was an off night for me. I thought I had the pace here, and with 2nd on the grid I was pretty happy. But lap 1 was a disaster for all but Warrior. I got the jump at the start to lead out of turn 1 but with the long straights it was irrelevant. Both Nicko and I broke a little too late for the Mulsanne, and strangely Nicko backed off to readdress, which I didn't believe was necessary. I knew he'd pass into Indianapolis, so I backed off to let him through, so I was shocked to see him swerve violently right, take some grass and half spin. It wasn't lag induced so it was a very surprising sight. Not that my fightback to catch warrior would last long, as I stupidly ran wide in the Maison Blanche, struck one of the walls of death and dropped to 6th. I was again disappointed to let another shot a win slip away.

I had to press on if I wanted to nab a podium, and thankfully I caught Bryan very quickly, who was taking some bizarre lines and was clearly struggling. I couldn't work out why though after I pulled out of the draft I was slowing down. But regardless, job done and now I had to hunt down saved. Nicko had lost it bizarrely after the Dunlop bridge, so it was up another place, then another one once I passed saved. Warrior by now was miles ahead. I could only set my sights on stigstc, who was performing brilliantly. Like he said in the post race chat, it was an excellent time trial battle, and he was in my sights before he pulled into the pits. I stayed out a lap later to reduce the time spent refuelling, as the undercut isn't nearly as strong as it is at other tracks. Unfortunately my in lap was very poor and stigs was further away.

Stigs was driving brilliantly as the gap was barely dropping. Eventually I began to edge closer, and I was now in the draft, and passed into the Mulsanne. Too bad I made a complete meal of the Indy and Arnage section, and I lost even more time trying to hold it around the outside of the first Porsche curve. As the sun rose following the stop, mistakes crept in and again Stigs pulled away. Luckily, I began to catch him but sadly he spun out of Indy. I was looking forward to the last lap battle. I was still pleased, having scored my 100th win last week in the Rally series, last night brought me my 200th ROOZ podium.

Well done to warrior on another championship, but I feel bad for Nicko. 3 wins, more than anyone but it still wasn't enough :( . Overall I'm chuffed with my season, a pole, win and 5 podiums is by far my best performance in Div 1. Obviously I was let down by poor performances in Tokyo and Silverstone where I never had the pace, but I'm glad I was still in contention for the championship for as long as I was. I thought I nabbed 2nd in the championship but sadly I was pipped to it by a point. Well done Stigs on stealing the 1B title, hard luck Bryan.

Despite the low numbers it was great to have a competitive season, probably the most competitive out of the 3! 4 different winners is almost unheard of in this Div and I was glad to be a part of it in this wonderful car. I hope to be back next season, depending on what car wins the poll. With Project Aids likely running the Formula C next season it's very tempting. Certainly more fun than a road car. Regardless, I had a ball this season and I can't wait for another one.

Cheers, Jono.
    warrior2167, StigsTC, TDZdave and 3 others like this.
  11. AUSnicko9

AUSnicko9 Professional

PSN ID
    aussie_nicko
    Ok so had some time to gather my thoughts.
    Jono, I redressed on lap 1 as on my screen we made contact by me slightly understeering into you, I wasn't going to complete a pass by essentially shoving you wide. Then I stuffed up moving out of the slipstream.
    Not entirely sure what happened at turn 1 on the restart as StigsTC I think ghosted through me but I received a hit from the side and then fell to P3.
    What followed next was me making an absolute disaster of each lap, before I eventually lost it at turn 2.

If I recall correctly - Warrior was ~3s from the lead at start #1 - I was about the same gap from the lead at start #2 - only one of us had the chance to start again. :rolleyes:

Well done on another championship David.
    No hard feelings, will be back for S9. :thumbsup:
  12. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    You were a class act this season mate, it was a real pleasure racing with you and I'm glad you'll be back :)
  13. REVO_Bryan

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Still a bit bummed after last race. :(
    But taking a step back, before the start of the season I couldn't imagine to race as well as I did. This season was a true baptism of fire for me. It really made me pick up my game.

Congratulations to Warrior on the championship. It was a pleasure racing all of you.
  14. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  15. REVO_Bryan

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Oh, and congratulations to StigsTC on winning the 1B championship! :thumbsup:
    JonoStan96 and StigsTC like this.
  16. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  17. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield