GT6 Division 3 Season 8

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jan 12, 2016.

1. Ninja2

Ninja2 Rookie

PSN ID
    blackNINJA968
    sorry to hear you had a dud round @BMWF30328 , I hope you stick around though, your advice during the week in that practice round was great ....
    Crimj1985, Easyprey007 and JonoStan96 like this.
  2. scottb721

scottb721 Team Driver

PSN ID
    sooby_scott
    Damn, wish we had this info before the race. Would have worked on my middle sector lol
    Crimj1985 and Easyprey007 like this.
  3. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Crimj1985 likes this.
  4. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Not sure that applies here @N64TheStig007. Pretty sure they are running the room as normal with mics off.
  5. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I just placed your quote in 1&3 as a general message, since you hit all the nails on the head.
    t_b_williams likes this.
  6. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    We've hit all the nails already Jono, they're well and truly driven in. But thanks for the thought! :D:thumbsup::whistling:
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  7. steezymilo

steezymilo Rookie

PSN ID
    steezymilo
    I don't know if I've looked in the right places or simply overlooked it completely but what is the rule in regards to brake/drivetrain/suspension setup. Are we able to do so or no, simply default.
  8. Nathancarhead

Nathancarhead Team Driver

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    tuning prohibited means you cannot change anything from default apart from the brake balance. this includes adding any additional parts (aero or performance)
    steezymilo likes this.
  9. steezymilo

steezymilo Rookie

PSN ID
    steezymilo
    Thanks Nathan, cause that is exactly what I read(brake balance) and was slightly confused, but your clarification makes good sense. Brake settings here I come, Thanks!
    JonoStan96 and Nathancarhead like this.
  10. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    Right, I'm retiring from this season as this car frustrates me way too much, just cannot seem to tame it
  11. Easyprey007

Easyprey007 Professional

PSN ID
    Easyprey007
    Race 1
    [​IMG]
    Race1
    [​IMG]
    Race 2
    [​IMG]
    Race 2
    [​IMG]
    steezymilo, arakasi- and AOCleaner74 like this.
  12. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
  13. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
  14. steezymilo

steezymilo Rookie

PSN ID
    steezymilo
    Man, I'm no pro but give it time.
    Just stick with no matter the result, you'll be better for it ;)
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  15. Easyprey007

Easyprey007 Professional

PSN ID
    Easyprey007
    Man stick it out give it some practice on the next track drive slower to go faster.
    steezymilo and JonoStan96 like this.
  16. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    Hmm okay i'll keep running
  17. arakasi-

arakasi- Professional

PSN ID
    arakasi-
    Love this car, great combo with last nights track.
  18. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    I didn't think I was even going to get to race last night, the damn game kept freezing on track load up. I remember it happening to me at the meet n greet on this track too. Thankfully though, it eventually came good and I had no further issues (despite PSN trying it's damn hardest!!).

Couldn't quite match the pace of LittleBlacko & Arakasi, but then when the only time you've turned a wheel on the track is the 5 laps you get before qualifying, it's bound to happen!! Only qualified 5th as a result, a few tenths down from pole.

Launched the start and straight up into third by T1. Stayed there most of the race despite a late push from Emmo on his much better tyres, great battle with him. Blacko was struggling with tyres in the last few laps as well and I was reeling him in after he and Arakasi had jumped 10 seconds ahead by the middle of the race. Got too within 5 hundredths at the finish line, but just not quite enough to pass for 2nd.

2nd race got another great start and was making up positions like crazy from 3rd last until T1, when a small lag bump with Kieren turned into a massive shunt involving half the field. Eventually made way through it all and was down in 7th. Slowly reeled in a couple of guys and was up into 5th. A short while later as the laps dwindled I found myself back in third spot, but dammit, here comes that bloody Emmo again!! This time, he picked the perfect time and as I lost all my grip into T1 on the penultimate lap, he & arakasi (who had dropped down due to getting mixed up with backmarkers) squeezed past me again. I wasn't able to attack back like in Race 1 this time, so had to settle for 5th and third place overall.
    B-Spec Bob likes this.
  19. Ninja2

Ninja2 Rookie

PSN ID
    blackNINJA968
    I had good speed, enough to match mid-fielders, but a combination of hectic start in R1, a few concentration lapses and inexperience re: how to overtake without sending myself off (WTF!) saw me fall to back 8th .... again.
    But I improved again ... did not get lapped all night (yeah I know but believe me after 2 spins I really had to fight to avoid tangling with those dreaded lappers )
    @steezymilo you did real well first half / two thirds of R2 ... are you still on a controller? if so get a second hand wheel and you'll be able to hold position better. ditto @Kieran_B33 ...

@Bluemoon did a great job working us through the PSN issues and general race organisation .... you can always tell there's trouble brewing -> when he texts "hmmmm...".

Anyway it was a hoot - as usual.
  20. steezymilo

steezymilo Rookie

PSN ID
    steezymilo
    @Ninja2 mate, I was really starting to enjoy it more than the first round, which had a shocker start. I think the smoke from your tyre smoke blinded me to the fact that RB30 was stalled and I ran straight into the back of him(noted you got bit loose too because of it). With that, it was merely a catch up game and one I wasn't going to win.
    R2 had it's bonuses, starting at the front made my butt pucker a bit, but glad to get through with only a minor tap with others(sorry!) I did get loose there a couple of times and ended up being lapped and slowing down for others to pass, but kinda bummed for both rounds I didn't get a "same lap" result.

I think I've improved a little, but your absolutely right, a wheel will help immensely and pedals also I imagine. I have a wheel from ps2 days but would be awesome to get a adaptor for it..... :)

Cheers mate. Was a great race