GT7 Season 2 Division 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jul 29, 2022.

1. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Chuffed with 2nd. I took a punt and came in a couple of laps ahead of my intended stop, put 1 lap extra fuel in and then pushed hard on the lighter fuel load. When the weather changed and it got dark I started losing time on the worn tyres, so that was the trigger to alter my strategy.
    Matthyus, Peersy and emmo46 like this.
  2. Beats143

Beats143 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Beats143
    Yep, that was weird. I tapped the back of Spleece’s car and the game had a massive glitch.
  3. Aiko_Mac

Aiko_Mac Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Aiko_mac
    It was a good race for me finishing third. Being consistent and keeping out of trouble helped also.
    emmo46 and Viperzed like this.
  4. boneslightning

boneslightning Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    BritzLightning55
    took the gamble with the rain to hit harder and it didn't so the double stop was not the best outcome but someone has to come last
  5. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
  6. RPeeM808

RPeeM808 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    RPeeM808
    Just spoke to doodah whom will be absent for rounds 3,4 & 5 .. He will be back for Rd 6 on 11/9 (mt panorama) and Rd 7.
    So if any reserves require a spot!!
    Matthyus likes this.
  7. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Well that was an interesting race.
    Qualified 9th, less than half a sec away from the leader (very tight racing in D2), hitting a PB with a 58 flat.
    Race
    Where do I begin :)
    T1 once again had people going left and right (mainly right...) Right CAGM :)
    Snuck into 6th ish and things settled down a little after that.
    By about lap 12 / 13 the heavens opened, but only just.
    Given that would have been the half way point of the race and a good place for optimum tyre life, a lot of people chose to pit.
    Others stuck it out in the hope that the weather was just a passing phase.
    In the end, the rain was only a sprinkle and quickly disappeared.
    Some accidents from others and differing pit strategies allowed myself to sneak into 2nd less than 4s from the leader @Ian Cannan
    Sadly, we had to pit at some point (why do we have a Mandatory pit stop.... I don't know).
    We both peeled in on lap 18, quickly dropping down the order, back to 7th and 9th for whizz and I.

A Redressed accident at T1 a lap or so later allowed me to sneak through to 7th, behind @emmo46 .
    I chased that oddly coloured car of his for several laps (I miss your black and red) and finally managed to get a super clean exit on the final corner to allow me a really strong run down the straight.
    I managed the overtake on the 2nd last lap with miles to go. :)
    I noticed a @Beats143 up the road and tried my hardest to reel him in (as Beats had pitted earlier so had older tyres), we went side by side into the last corner, but he got traction before I did and managed to sneak home just before me.

Very happy with that compared to Spa. A much better race from myself.

The @Beats143 @Bluemoon @Peersy incident on the hairpin Lap 1 was weird.
    Aside from that, we had noticeably better network this week

Looking forward to RBR. Let's hope T1 doesn't get the better of me like it has in almost all our events at RBR...
    MONSTAR and T F Eccles like this.
  8. Peersy

Peersy Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    peersy_23
    Contrats to the podium, well raced!
    Lap 1 was a shocker. I'd love to be proven wrong but I can't see RBR being any better, someone is going to be lag puntspiked i'm sure
  9. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    When I got t boned at turn 1 I didn't know who it was as it came out of nowhere. Stew was behind me at the time and I knew it wasn't him. After I got going again and settled through the next few corners you were behind me so I thought it must have been you. It wasn't until I watched the replay that I saw it wasn't.
  10. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    That was one of the rare occasions where you had better tyres than me. :)
    Matthyus likes this.
  11. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    It finally happened!!!!
  12. Peersy

Peersy Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    peersy_23
    Hey guys, I'll be out of town all day and likely not make it back in time for the race. See you next week
  13. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Thanks for the heads up champ.
  14. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Round 3: Red Bull Ring - S12 Preset Weather
    - Late Morning Equal Conditions - 2x 15 Laps - 21/8 (Sprint Round)

[​IMG]

WELCOME to Season 2 for Gran Turismo 7!!
    As always please take a couple minutes to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night.
    If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regulations please ask!

ROOM OPEN :
    Room captains may have practice rooms open beforehand but should have the official room up by 8:00pm AEST. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread know if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.

QUALIFYING : 8:20 AEST for 5 mins
    Second session folowing Race 1 - 5 mins

Room settings can now be changed via the lobby itself, therefore practice laps are able to be run prior to qualifying which will be run in ‘practice’.
    Once 5 mins of session time has elapsed, finish the lap you are on and park up off track.

PITS ARE OPEN DURING QUALIFYING

RACE 1 START TIME : 8:25 PM AEST
    RACE 2 START TIME : EST 9:00 PM AEST

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS :
    This is up to the room host/captains. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I would suggest only having 1 restart if required due to DSC, due to having to set up the room from scratch and also having to set timed laps in order to set the grid. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....

SIGHT ISSUES:
    Before qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again.Type the number of cars you can see in the lobby chat and cross check with other drivers to ensure clarity.

TURN 1 LAP 1 :
    The old saying goes, you can’t win the race on lap 1, but you can definitely lose it. Please be mindful of other drivers on lap 1 coming into turn 1, and for that matter, the entire race. It can be very demoralizing to hot lap on your own for 45 minutes as I'm sure many of you are aware.

TRACK LIMITS :
    As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage, position or time wise. Track Limits protests may be launched by any active driver in the race.

Track Limits will be observed on:
    -Driver’s Left and Right Turn 1
    -Driver's Left Turn 9
    -Driver's Left and Right Turn 10

Is to be avoided at all times..... If you make contact with someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Occasionally, Gran Turismo track limits may teleport a disadvantaged driver backwards on circuit to ‘reset’ them, if this occurs at the hand of another driver, IT IS EXPECTED that the driver at fault will wait and redress the position.
    Side by side 'rubbing' is racing is allowed and promoted within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room. For clarity surrounding racing room, please feel free to PM @Viperzed
    Show each other RESPECT! It is difficult enough to drive the car at the limit on your own, without someone squeezing you within a millimeter of the grass.
    So be patient and show respect to your fellow drivers.
    If you are redressing contact, please do so out of the way of other cars, off the racing line, or if there isn't much room, off track.

PIT ENTRY/EXIT LINES :
    Pit Line Penalties are ON so you will be penalised in game if you cut any part of the entry or exit lines. Please be aware of cars exiting T1.

BLUE FLAGS :
    Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS :
    This season the steward will be @Viperzed. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let him know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. Stewards may ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captains to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY :
    If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved!

PARKING UP :
    If you are unable to continue to race, please enter the pits and leave your game paused without selecting tyres so that your car stays parked in the pits. Parking up off track activates yellow flags in the sector, and even though penalties are off, we have reports of penalties occurring for passes happening near the parked car. Quitting off track results in a sometimes race ending lag spike and may be punished in extreme scenarios.

ATTENDANCE:
    Could all drivers please inform Room Captains or make a post on the division thread if they do not intend on racing on Sunday night, Room Captains/ Lobby Hosts are advised not to wait for anyone who has not communicated their intentions. If you do not post in your room thread or psn chat that you cannot attend, a spot may not be held for you for the following weeks race

TRACK SPECIFIC - Red Bull Ring
    Red Bull Ring is a deceptively simple circuit that offers up a few major passing opportunities at Turns 1, 3 and 4. Drivers should all be aware that the final sector IS NOT reccomended passing area and attempts at turns 9 and 10 especially need to be fully committed and placed cleanly. Please do not change your mind set even in sprint races, i.e, do not send dive bombs for the sake of sending divebombs.
    Bluemoon, Ian Cannan and Matthyus like this.
  15. Blunty075

Blunty075 Rookie

PSN ID
    Blunty075
    Hi team,
    I've noticed that some people have been having serious connectivity issues like lag, stuttering, room connectivity etc when playing GT7 which makes the game unplayable. I experienced serious stuttering when I started playing in online lobbys which made racing extremely unpleasant. I normally clear the cache on my PS4 each time I turn it on but it had no effect on GT7, so I did some investigating online to see what I could do to fix this issue which I've listed below. From what I read online the stuttering issue I experienced was actually experienced by a large number of GT7 players.
    Things I did to fix my stuttering problem:
    Connected console to a LAN connection instead of WIFI,
    Rebuild Database using Safe Mode (Defragment console), and
    Remove power cable for a minimum of 30 seconds once power light stops flashing.
    Once I had completed these steps I no longer experienced any stuttering when playing.
    Online also suggests adjusting your graphics settings, I didn't have to do this but you may need to do this.
    Hopefully this helps anyone still having issues.
    Cheers team.
    emmo46 likes this.
  16. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Confirming there is no mandatory pit stop in sprint rounds
  17. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Round 3 Results
    Race 1 Qual
    [​IMG]
    Race 1 Race Results
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Race 1 FL
    [​IMG]

Race 2
    Qual
    [​IMG]
    Race Results
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    FL
    [​IMG]
    T F Eccles, Bluemoon and Hatfield like this.
  18. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Urrrghhh! Another ordinary sprint round. I don't what it is about sprint rounds but I never seem to farewell, somehow losing just enough touch with the group in front to not stay with them. Add to that the fact that I just can't click at RBR. Still I was happy to finish in the top 10 of both races, especially given my quali position in the 2nd race.

Now, where's my wetsuit?
  19. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Well that was a race!!
    Race 1
    Qualified 4th with a 29.7, with only .5 separating the top 10 ish racers. RBR is great for close / tight times.
    Now the fun began.
    It wasn't T1 this time at least, but T2.
    I was lucky enough to NOT get bumped, but a missle flew up the inside and T Boned @UrsineSaturn9 into never never land.
    That caused no end of drama, allowing the top 4 to skip away, this included @spleece and I.
    I kept it tidy, hitting sublime mid to low 29's, every lap. This kept Spleece at bay.
    Towards to the end, I was managing to reel in @Stew Wilson, but ran out of laps.
    Very happy to have come home 3rd.

Race 2
    Qualified 4th yet again, this time with a much faster time.
    T1 had some bumps, but it was T2 that once again proved a highlight reel.
    I again managed to not get involved and was running in 2nd behind @Aiko_Mac , but a rare mistake by him gifted first to me.
    It was here that my heart all of a sudden decided to kick into high gear for the remainder of the race.
    I noticed that 2nd had changed hands a few times, which only helped me out more.
    I was again slotting in wonderful 29's, keeping a 2s+ gap to 2nd.

Once Spleece got free of Aiko though, he was free to hunt me down.
    Luckily we have about the same pace, so I managed to keep the gap up.
    However the pressure finally got to me at the final corner on lap 13 or 14 and went too fast into it, having a messy semi managed slide that Spleece took full advantage of.
    By then, I was spent and ran over the line in 2nd.

Very happy with my efforts in this crowd.
    So far we've had 3 difference race winners and 7 different podium winners.
  20. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    GT7 is borderline unplayable at the moment. Lag and jitters make it impossible to tell exactly where other cars are. Makes any close racing without contact near impossible. And there was lots of contact last night. Some of it due to lag, some of it avoidable. Lots of late breaking. At the best of times you need to brake a little earlier when the grid is bunched up, or with slipstream or with dirty tyres (or both). With the lag though, need to be even more cautious. Probably obvious to say that I got the rough end of the stick last night. Hoping we can all learn from our mistakes and move on from there. Never had issues this bad with GTS. Why is GT7 so bad? Would be great if the update this week could fix the lobbies, but I don't hold much hope.
    JonoStan96, gtkingx and Aiden_1120 like this.