GT7 Season 3 Division 1A/B

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Oct 13, 2022.

1. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Pole - emmo46
    [​IMG]
    Results
    [​IMG]

Fastest Lap - Leeboy
    [​IMG]
  2. Rangeraus

Rangeraus Team Driver Gold Member

Was it possible to merge with Divs 2 or 3? Can't imagine it would have been great to have a 6-car grid for an enduro...
    Ozglenn likes this.
  3. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    It was interesting enough.
  4. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Was always expecting not to be quick at the ring but as always, everyone else staying on the track is not a given.

Qualified ok, with one small off and got a good start to be 4th out of the first series of turns.
    Heading into the ring, there was some action behind me that meant there was a decent gap and I was keeping up with @KeedenMcdonald in front as he was battling with 2 ahead.
    Then I had a moment braking as I normally would where the car pitched and I hit the wall. I recovered ok and due to the gap behind did not lose a position.
    But then the same thing happened again with the car pitching under breaks a few corners later, however no more gap, so I was last.
    I kept my head down to catch up to some cars as they made their own errors until I was in a 3 car battle with @HighStakes123 and @UrsineSaturn9
    Jimmy had a wide car, so Ursine and myself were struggling to find an opening behind. I thought I saw a door and went for it but clipped a kerb and that resulted in me spinning myself and ursine (sorry).
    I redressed and we went after Jimmy again.
    While catching him this time I put a clean pass on Ursine and then later found another door on Jimmy and got side by side, but on turn in, I ended up worse off and he kept the position, while Ursine and @Stew Wilson took advantage!
    Head down again and eventually we make our way past Stew again and set into the slipstream of Jimmy with Ursine in mine behind on the straight. Ursine and I bump drafted past Jim, and we had a few laps of nose to tail until I had gapped him enough to pull away.
    I then set after the @LE_bananajosh @Randm90 battle which was 17 secs ahead with 3 to go.
    I pitted for a final time having dropped the gap a few secs to 15, and I had used less fuel so my final stop meant I was now only 9 away.
    Josh and Connor battled which helped me catch up further to about 5 and then later on the final lap, connor had an off track excursion and I caught him as we entered the Karussell. He ran wide and I was able to sneak up the inside but I knew he was faster and he was all over me until I hit a kerb wrong and this pitched the car. It was a high speed section and connor went for the inside but as I was out of control we made contact and both ended up in the fence.
    Luckily for me I did not sustain damage, but he did and the following corner he ran wide, and then the last corner prior to the long straight we had some lag bumps and he was off again. It was a disappointing end to what would've been an exciting finish.
    Still, 7th is more than I expected.
  5. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Small summary of my 4th place finish
    [​IMG]
  6. HighStakes123

HighStakes123 Rookie

Race was good, Nurburgring keeps you busy so it doesn't feel like an enduro. I could do without the night driving though, I would easily prefer wet weather instead.
  7. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    The worst part is that black halo that surrounds other cars. Makes it almost impossible to race closely as you can't see anything past the car in front!
  8. Beats143

Beats143 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Beats143
    @Hatfield With all that pitching. Maybe Golf is in your blood.
  9. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    He needs to find his driver first.
  10. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I'll be in my happy place
    Beats143 and Matthyus like this.
  11. LE_bananajosh

LE_bananajosh Team Driver

PSN ID
    GT_bananajosh1
    This overtake after the long straight
    JonoStan96 and Hatfield like this.
  12. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Round 4: Circuit de Barcelona Catalunya GP No Chicane - Custom Weather Random
    - Early Morning 6x Variable Time - 26 Laps - 13/11

[​IMG]

WELCOME to Season 3 for Gran Turismo 7!!
    As always please take a couple minutes to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night.
    If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regulations please ask!

ROOM OPEN :
    Room captains may have practice rooms open beforehand but should have the official room up by 8pm AEST. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread know if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.

SIGHT ISSUES:
    Before qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again.Type the number of cars you can see in the lobby chat and cross check with other drivers to ensure clarity.

QUALIFYING : 8:20 pm AEDT for 10 mins.
    Feel free to run practice laps prior to qualifying, The host will trigger a 'Room Reset' closer to the commencement of Qualifying.
    Once 10 mins of session time has elapsed, finish the lap you are on and stop the car off the circuit somewhere near the start of the lap.

PITS ARE OPEN DURING QUALIFYING

RACE START TIME : 8:30 AEDT

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS :
    This is up to the room host/captains. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I would suggest only having 1 restart if required due to DSC, due to having to set up the room from scratch and also having to set timed laps in order to set the grid. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....

TURN 1 LAP 1 :
    The old saying goes, you can’t win the race on lap 1, but you can definitely lose it. Please be mindful of other drivers on lap 1 coming into turn 1, and for that matter, the entire race. It can be very demoralizing to hot lap on your own for 45 minutes as I'm sure many of you are aware.

TRACK LIMITS :
    As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage, position or time wise. Track Limits protests may be launched by any active driver in the race.

Track limits will be monitored at Turns 3, 7, 8, 9, 10, 13 & 14.

Is to be avoided at all times..... If you make contact with someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Occasionally, Gran Turismo track limits may teleport a disadvantaged driver backwards on circuit to ‘reset’ them, if this occurs at the hand of another driver, IT IS EXPECTED that the driver at fault will wait and redress the position.
    Side by side 'rubbing' is racing is allowed and promoted within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room. For clarity surrounding racing room, please feel free to PM @Viperzed
    Show each other RESPECT! It is difficult enough to drive the car at the limit on your own, without someone squeezing you within a millimeter of the grass.
    So be patient and show respect to your fellow drivers.
    If you are redressing contact, please do so out of the way of other cars, off the racing line, or if there isn't much room, off track.

PIT ENTRY/EXIT LINES :
    Pit Line Penalties are ON so you will be penalised in game if you cut any part of the entry or exit lines. Please be aware of cars coming down the straight, You must stay drivers right and not make any sudden movements.

BLUE FLAGS :
    Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS :
    This season the steward will be @Viperzed. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let him know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. Stewards may ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captains to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY :
    If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved!

PARKING UP :
    If you are unable to continue to race, please enter the pits and leave your game paused without selecting tyres so that your car stays parked in the pits. Parking up off track activates yellow flags in the sector, and even though penalties are off, we have reports of penalties occurring for passes happening near the parked car. Quitting off track results in a sometimes race ending lag spike and may be punished in extreme scenarios.

ATTENDANCE:
    Could all drivers please inform Room Captains or make a post on the division thread if they do not intend on racing on Sunday night, Room Captains/ Lobby Hosts are advised not to wait for anyone who has not communicated their intentions. If you do not post in your room thread or psn chat that you cannot attend, a spot may not be held for you for the following weeks race.

A gentle reminder that due to the Div 1A/1B split, we will require a high level of communication all season and need a firm answer NO LATER than 8:10 AEDT.

TRACK SPECIFIC - Circuit De Barcelona Catalunya

An infamous circuit, Gran Turismo 7 has given us the opportunity to run no chicane in the final sector, an opportunity we did not want to pass up this season! Be mindful of narrowing corner exits and what it means for racing room, cars on the inside need to be mindful of leaving room for cars on the outside, and cars on the outside need to hold their line.

Be careful of the extra apex speed you will have through the final corner, It can be very misleading and you'll realise your mistake once you appear at corner exit.
  13. Aiden_1120

Aiden_1120 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Aiden_1120 (A.OCallaghan)
    I going to miss the next two rounds due to exams. I might be able to race on the 20th but most likely not.
  14. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Massive tyre wear + Catalunya = Misery.
    Kieran_B33 and leeboy910 like this.
  15. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Qualified a surprising 5th just in front of @JonoStan96 and behind @Viperzed who's last lap took away 4th on the grid.
    Started ok but was unintentionally baulked by a rejoining Viper a few corners after his rejoin. Tried to stay with the lead packs slipstream but my own errors took away that opportunity.
    Gapped @Stew Wilson until a tank slapper out of the final turn that I luckily held without damage put him onto my tail again.
    Eventually @UrsineSaturn9 got past him and then myself and we were nose to tail until the pitstops.
    I had saved more fuel so jumped him and the battle was on again until he couldn't hold on any longer.
    The gap ahead to Viper was about 5s and it stayed that way until the finish for 6th place
    UrsineSaturn9 and Steve Neilson like this.
  16. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Div 1B R4 Results
    Quali
    [​IMG]

Result
    [​IMG]

FL - C. Neame
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2022
  17. leeboy910

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Reasonable run last night, Neamo was just too quick and consistent.
    Happy enough with second place. Emmo almost had me late on as my tyres were horrible for a couple of laps and then somehow came back for the last lap or two.
    Good fun. This track would have been better with the Jag last season. The RH tyres are just horrible!
    JonoStan96 and emmo46 like this.
  18. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Unfortunately that has to do with the regs we've used for the season. Pre season testing went very well and the track felt fantastic.
  19. leeboy910

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Yep, all good mate. Not a complaint, just an observation :)
    Viperzed likes this.
  20. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I have gotten used to the car after my first impressions weren't complimentary. I thought before the season started I would be just a make weight among the talent in this group. My surprise (to me especially) win in the first round tricked me into thinking I would be a contender for the championship, but for the last two races I have finished lower than I started and sqaundered 13 points.
    Nemo seems to have a good handle on the car now and I suspect he is going to be very hard to beat over the rest of the season. My age contributed to my poor form last night as I managed to snatch the lead from 2nd on the grid at turn 1 but with my poor hearing I didn't realize I had put it in 2nd gear instead of 4th and I lost 6 places from turn 2 to turn 3 before I realized what was happening, From there it was damage control, I lost a lot of time getting back up to third but then couldn't make up much ground on the leader or 2nd place, I got 2nd from Leeboy at turn 1 after he exited the pits but a touch between us at turn 2 put him wide with 2 wheels on the sand. I redressed later in the lap. I chased hard until 2 laps from home when I seemed to have a chance of a pass but misjudged a corner exit and lost ground in the sand.
    I have mixed feelings as I am faring better than I thought I could at the start of the season but haven't capitalized on some opportunities. I am still mathematically in it with three others but it is going to be tough.
    Cameron Neame likes this.