IRACING iRacing Build Updates

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by KoAStR, Nov 4, 2011.

1. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Iracing @ the Island M8, and the new tire model we been waiting a long time for is coming out on Tuesday the start of the Philip Island Iracing V8 supercar week. New tire model has been tested by Gizzzy and he says it is feeling like the real thing, should be a fantastic drive now. Start saving ya pennies for a good PC quys, this is the future of online racing right here.
  2. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    Ok cool, Pennies PENNIES!!! you say? all the pennies i make (in the shed SHHHH! they're fake :p ) and earn..
    the handbrake spend them on me and the bloody rug rats are just forever wanting to do :):):):) which cost like a ja-zillion-billion bloody dollars
    so Iracing is going to have to wait :( :( :(
    i'm like a younger and MUCH MUCH better looking :lol: Al Bundy of the house Broke and Grumpy!!! :mad: :p
  3. Mad94d

Mad94d Madison Down

PSN ID
    mad94d
    Awesome news about the V8 on the NTM. Can't wait. From what i've heard, it sounds like it'll be bloody accurate.... But it could piss off a lot of people as it is also supposed to be 2-3 seconds a lap slower which to me would seem that a lot of mid corner grip has disappeared from the car which in turn will make it harder to drive.

However, I'm not crying if SVG and Scott McLaughlin say it's right, it must be....

Looking forward to Phillip Island next week, should be a huge turnout that's for sure.
  4. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    I'm Jealous!
  5. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Come home Beau.
    Be a lot of full practice rooms next week, might have to get some hosted sessions going to get the setups sorted hey Mad. Any news on weather Gizzy or Scott done anything with setups for the baseline or just tested how changing setups works with the NTM.
  6. OuttaAngst

OuttaAngst Rookie

Lol I already thought the fat pig of a v8 had no mid corner grip. Probably just because i'm rubbish in it. Really looking forward to seeing what they have done with the NTM, currently I am not feeling much love for the Star Mazda season 2.
  7. OuttaAngst

OuttaAngst Rookie

Today's Build update details:

This evening just prior to the time of the week changeover, we will activate updates for two cars.

Ford Falcon V8 Supercar

We have taken the time to overhaul this car with the New Tire Model, and to bring many parts of it's modelling up to latest techniques. The results have been good enough that even real drivers Shane Van Gisbergen and Scott McLaughlin, who have been providing us with a lot of vital testing and tuning feedback, are very happy with the car now, and so we wanted to bring it to you early instead of waiting another couple of months for Season 3.

- Updated to use the New Tire Model.

- Suspension modelling has been improved. Especially improved is how the whole rear axle behaves. This may also have been the source of the occasional launch into the sky bug. The front suspension can now have it's roll center height adjusted.

- Reworked aerodynamics with our latest aero techniques and with latest data.

- Rear wing is now adjustable.

- Changed most setup items to default to metric sizes, including springs and bars.

- Alterations to the anti-roll bar stiffnesses and motion ratios. Also more rear size options are available.

- Cleaned up unnecessary stuff from the garage, such as antiroll bar arm length adjustment.

- Limit steering ratio to 10:1 minimum.

- Engine torque and efficiency revisions.

- Reduced drafting strength and length.

- Improved collision definitions for better 4x behavior.

- Updated iRacing setups.

Dallara IndyCar

- Updated ground collisions to not damage the engine so easily.

- Updated the 4x collision thresholds.

- Improved side to side drafting behavior at Indianapolis.
  8. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    So what is the ntm on the v8 like. Anyone got an opinion
  9. OuttaAngst

OuttaAngst Rookie

Its ok, its still a heavy car without much grip. I found it a bit easier to drive consistently, but I still have no idea with this car. In the star mazda I'm often under 1 sec off the fastest. In the v8 I am approx 2.5 seconds off the fastest. With the old tyre model I was probably 3+ seconds off the fastest.

I haven't tried many different setups though, I hope there is a setup out there that will work for me.
  10. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    I'll be home on Thursday. Doubt I'll find time for I racing. But ya never know. Might have a burn.
  11. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Give me a yell if you're swinging through Perth again ;)
  12. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Hey the Mustang just got the NTM, not many left to get it now.
  13. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Sweet. I will have to give it another burn.... probably an easy update 'spin-off' from getting the v8 Supercar done.

iRacing Release notes 28th May

Indeed not many left now, just 6. Updated the spreadsheet
  14. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    As for a D class oval car Bones: I'm thinking now that there's a D class series (fixed) for the Impala 2009 (nationwide) that might be the go... it's got the Impala class B 2011 car/series inluded too so you can use it again later when you have a B license.

It's 650HP where your other two options (Monte Carlo SS late model and SK modified) are only 370HP. And If you're going to buy the truck for C class anyway there's no real benefit in getting the SK modified to run in both D and C classes, plus the SK is still on the old tyre model. Leaving the Impala as a pretty good option - even the season=661series description in iRacing says the Impala 2009 is a good step before the racing trucks.
  15. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Think i got ya, Impala 2009 (nation wide) right? Thought it was about time i gave the ovals a go, looked at the calender the other day and thought i could get .50 SR by Monday. .01 point at a time in TT and most races i had people hitting me so only scored .2 at a time in a few of them. Got to midnight and had .10 points to go so did a race and got .2 with only a couple 0x touches on the wall. Did TT's till 1:20am and was on 2.99 for the last TT and jumped to 3.40 after it.
    Neishy's IR been to high to get put in the same V8 races and me being an Oval rookie i was getting put in different ovals races as well. He dropped his IR now so we can finally do a team race this weeek and do some Ovals as well.
    I'll check out what tracks they running that i haven't got and buy the car and a couple of them i think.
  16. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Cool mate... Thinking the same (about time I do some non-rookie oval stuff). I like the idea of a fixed series to get started on oval so the time commitment isn't so great, and it would be good to do some races with you (and Niesh).
  17. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Yer one thing about Iracing is i haven't raced with rooz guys too much yet but think I'm ready to start pushing a bit harder now. IR SR and Championship points been keeping me nervous and out of as many races as i would have liked to run.
    So this the car we going? Its a bit uglier than the normal Nascar but sounds ok.

Chevrolet Impala SS 2009

Chevrolet races the Impala SS nameplate in NASCAR's two top series, Sprint Cup in Car of Tomorrow identity (Class A in the iRacing service) and the Triple-A stock car Nationwide series (iRacing Class B) in more traditional technical specification, essentially identical to the pre-Car of Tomorrow Sprint Cup cars.

As raced in the Nationwide Series, the Impala SS has a lower greenhouse and sits closer to the ground. It lacks the COT front splitter and has the traditional rear spoiler instead of the COT wing and Gurney flap. Many NASCAR Cup drivers who also compete in the Nationwide Series find the latter-spec cars to be a bit easier to set up and to drive, which makes it a good intermediate stepping stone between the Camping World Truck Series and the Sprint Cup, particularly when it comes to mastering the art of racing in high-speed packs on 1.5-mile and longer ovals.

The Nationwide Series traces its roots back to NASCAR's earliest days and the Sportsman division, first listed in the NASCAR rule book in 1950. Over the years the series has gone through a variety of names - Late Model Sportsman, Busch Grand National, Busch and now Nationwide - and the technical specifications have varied so that the cars were at times very different from NASCAR's top series and at others (until the advent of the COT, for instance) virtually identical. NASCAR plans eventually to implement a new set of tech specs for the Nationwide Series, but for the time being the Class B Impala SS represents a chance to experience the pre COT Sprint Cup car.
  18. Neishy

Neishy Rookie

PSN ID
    NOS_neishy4a-gte
    yes I certainly did, forfeited a few races and lost myself 1000 iRating. :(

Bonus, you made D! I can't believe you ended up staying up.
  19. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    I had a go with the new build last night.
    I really liked the Mustang and the Falcon.
  20. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    [h]2012 Season 3 Release notes[/h]

Some of the more interesting updates:
    • Weight penalties can now be applied in hosted sessions :)[/*]
    • Built in league system manages points etc automatically[/*]
    • Alot of the NASCAR tyre models updated to be 'more forgiving at the limit', also aero updated[/*]
    • V8SC has increased power assist and corrected caster to more realistic limits (yay), also increased tyre wear and decreased fuel economy[/*]
    • Legend: full physics refresh to suspension and tyres - new baseline setups accordingly[/*]
    • Pontiac Solstice and VW Jetta get the NTM on road[/*]
    • SK's get the NTM on oval[/*]
    • Animated flaggers added to start/finish[/*]

As always sounds pretty good :)
    iRacing Spec Sheet post updated