IRACING iRacing Build Updates

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by KoAStR, Nov 4, 2011.

1. OuttaAngst

OuttaAngst Rookie

I had a go of the legend, it drives completely differently (its less crazy). A good thing for me as I was unable to control the old legend :D
  2. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    Sounds good Koastr.
    I'm looking forward to trying this new build in my next week off , which starts on August 9th.
    Especially looking forward to the v8 again.
    The ballast feature sounds great.
    Although I did buy a new kart, so quite a but of my time will be spent at the track dialling that in.
    Getting it ready for the NSW state titles, in coffs later this year.
  3. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Cool, good to hear from you guys! Good luck with the Kart Beau.
    I just had a bash in the Impala Class B around Watkins, great fun. Also the Street Stock is THE drift machine at RA. :D
    Looking forward to trying the Legend out during the week.
  4. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    2012 Season 4 Release notes

Some of the more interesting updates:
    • Friends or other iRacing members can be your official spotter - (some teams do this through TeamSpeak already)[/*]
    • Race week scoring adjusted to average of top 25% of races (from 50% as voted by the community)[/*]
    • In game VOIP divided into 'radio channels'[/*]
    • 64 bit version now available[/*]
    • Windshield effects: glare and dirties progressively during racing, especially when behind smoking cars etc. Pit crew can do a peel off to clean.[/*]
    • Lotus 79 gets the NTM[/*]
    • Oran Park Raceway released - features 6 configs.[/*]
    • Black box adjustments can now be made with the mouse (not just KB)[/*]
    • Black box in game adjustments now include view angle pitch and FFB strength adjustment[/*]
  5. OuttaAngst

OuttaAngst Rookie

Also the Lotus 49 has been delayed, anyone who pre-ordered it will get a credit for what they paid AND when the car is ready they will get the car for free. Wishing I had pre-ordered it :/

Still waiting on release date news about the RUF.
  6. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Yea saw that.. should have pre-ordered it!

Haven't seen any news on the McLaren or GT500 they announced a while back either. Hopefully bathurst is on the way soon though.
  7. basilenco

basilenco Rookie

Bathurst would be very nice. They did a great job with Oran park
  8. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    I reckon they're doing a pretty great job all round eh. I dunno if it's just because I haven't played in a while, or coz I updated my graphics driver, but the sim is looking a bit smoother and richer IMO...
  9. basilenco

basilenco Rookie

Yeah id have to agree. I am a member of pCars as well which looks pretty good but I don't know I prefer the look of iracing a lot more these days when I switch between the two.
  10. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    2013 Season 1 Release Notes

A summary of the more interesting updates:
    • You no longer need to own all of the cars in a hosted multi-car session to participate - and it's easier to download cars you don't own[/*]
    • Text chat macros - 10 programmed auto chat message via hotkeys (0-9)[/*]
    • Track surface rendering improved and more efficient[/*]
    • Car paint reflections improved[/*]
    • CAN NOW RELOAD CUSTOM SKINS WITH CTRL-R HOTKEY - no need to reload sim when changing/checking a WIP skin :D[/*]
    • Cold (non-carbon) brakes now squeal until they warm up[/*]
    • Improved engine sounds and loudness increase with RPM[/*]
    • Flexible drivetrains and associated audible and physical RMP effects[/*]
    • Improvements to tyre carcass motion improving handling - all cars (even those without specific release notes, so check your tunes!)[/*]
    • New steering model to better constrain steering system, combined with tyre carcass improvements to give a more precise feel[/*]
  11. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    This update is feeling reeaaal nice. Easier to drive out of a slide. More precise mid corner steering.

The new external sounds in the v8 are awesome. The flexible drivetrain is good too, torque comes on smoother when changing gears at full throttle and the semi-stutter sounds cool too.

"Shut up you crazy-fool!"
  12. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

I downloaded Trading Paints the other day and thought i'd done something wrong because the you tube video showed a few screens that weren't on my computer. Having since realised that it is a new version that doesn't require downloading a billion other cars schemes. It just updates your current race with the relevant ones and then when you leave it deletes them. Simple. :)
    Now all I have to work out is how to get myself one of those cool Rockstar RooZ skins.
    Not sure if this is was the correct thread.
  13. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    That sounds sweet miki, I haven't loaded up TP for a while so will have to check it out. Must be a flow on from the new iRacing update being able to refresh skins after the session is launched. Cool. I won't check to delete skins after a session, because I'll probably see a similar crowd from race to race. But at least then I'm only keeping ones I've actually seen on my local drive instead of the thousands I will probably never see as well!

Once Bones has the Team 2 list for the 2013 v8 team sorted out I was going to customise each car with front bumber name (or nickname) of choice and wing mirror colors of choice for each then upload the .tga file. Then all you need to do is upload to trading paints.
  14. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Jumped on tonight for the first time in a few weeks and the sim is looking great.
    Richer, deeper, smoother environment and cockpit lighting. Or it could be just me 8o :8
  15. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    2013 Season 2 Release Notes

A few of the more interesting updates.

Crew Chief Function
    Can now have a crew chief, so not only spotter, but can now have someone else adjust your pit settings (black boxes) so you can concentrate on the race.

New Tire Model
    This sounds pretty good so I just straight out quoted the iRacing text... :p

Dynamic Shadow Maps amongst various other graphics improvements.

New external car sounds for many cars.

Added ride height sensors to bottom leading edge of splitters on Riley, CR6, and Ford GT.
  16. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    It all sounds good, but since the update I have had to turn my graphics down to keep my frame rate up, I used to be able to have it on Max quality on the slider now have had to go back to about 2/3rds ,I only play on a laptop but it works ok, anyone else had to turn theirs down?
  17. OuttaAngst

OuttaAngst Rookie

Part of the update was (i think) to preload more stuff when you load the track, and it does more work in the background on stuff you cant see (graphically), normally games make a big effort to not process details that are off screen as it impacts FPS performance. The net result is lower peak FPS, but also higher minimum FPS. So it should result in smoother gameplay overall. There were some tracks that would chug on specific sections, such as Suzuka's esses (turns 3-6).
  18. hairybear

hairybear Rookie

hmmm i'm getting the exact same frame rate as usual here on my laptop at 84fps. although i'm always running with the various settings on medium or low.
  19. hairybear

hairybear Rookie

check out the new build list!! i can't remember ever seeing so much good stuff in one hit!!

particularly like:
    admin control of gridding postions
    tech tracks
    inclusion of track temp and humidity into sim engine...
    and fog??
  20. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    How is the new build going? Has anyone done much running with all the new features? How is the tyre model feeling?, particularly the V8Supercar.
    What about the weather variables?