PCARS Project CARS mini review time...have your say

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Kobus Maree, May 7, 2015.

1. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910

Here's a lap of the Nordschleife in the Aston Martin Vantage V12 GT3. I was a bit cautious, but this felt brilliant!
  2. Killercarlcox69

Killercarlcox69 Professional

PSN ID
    Killercarlcox69
  3. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    There's no way a controller will give you full satisfaction with this game.
    Gotta get my hands on a compatible wheel asap.

Graphics are absolutely amazing.
    Sound is nice touch over GT series, though it's something I've never really cared much for.

I think all of us here will be a bit disappointed in the number of cars/tracks available after having being spoilt by Polyphony for how many years.
    Ad2mny likes this.
  4. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    I tried a few laps with a controller and it is just not going to do the game ANY justice at all.
    The sounds are great as you say. Nice and loud, very authentic.
    In terms of tracks and cars, I've only used about 3 cars so far and maybe 6 tracks, and I'm absolutely loving the game...no concern about tracks or cars at all!
    With DLC to come, I think the actual racing feel makes up for the 'lack' of cars.
  5. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    My head is nodding in agreement as I read this. Especially the first part.

My guess is that the cars and tracks will fill up with DLC content. Seems to be the way things work these days.

Gt7 has some pretty big shoes to fill, hopefully it doesn't take 7 years to grow into them...
  6. TDZdave

TDZdave Team Driver

PSN ID
    TDZ-4-12-14-88
    This game in my book will be 9/10 once I get a wheel for the PS4, I've spent so much time on iracing lately which to me has some of the best physic's engine's going, but I'm let down on that by my wallet and a DFGT, using the RUF GT3 for an example the cars between iracing and PCARS are almost identical, from the physic to the noise it makes, I feel more in control of Stuttgart's carousel finest factory product just with the visual telemetry, the engine and tire sounds in PCARS over iracing, but I feel PCARS is better then iracing as I don't have any basic computer building knowledge so for me to get the iracing experience at full capacity would require myself purchasing another computer, whereas I'm a plug "n" play guy and Pcars suits me perfect,

Pro's, the visuals and sounds do something to me that GF hasn't done for over 2 years, hahahaha
    no problems or bugs online from release to present, allowing the producers to focus on providing us with more quality DLC!
    doesn't claim over 1000 cars with 980 of those being the same Datsun's and MX5's with different stickers,

Con's, Online, feels very CodeMasters, this is the only area I feel PD have got right, enter the lobby and immediately you can practice until you are otherwise indicated by the host, whereas PCARS there is no social side, its just wait until there is sufficient entries and run to what ever the race settings are, which you can't see all of it,
    And 3 times now in public GT3 lobbies I have seen Bentley Continental GT3's! yet not on my list and apparently not actually released yet!

NO NURBURGRING COMBINED N24 LAYOUT! I'm heartbroken as the Nordschleife is so visually beautiful in this game,
    Online lobbies limited to 250 laps, not sufficient enough for a Le Mans 24h,

SIDE NOTE, am I the only one that has lost 2 out of 3 layouts of Cadwell Park? I can only find the "Cadwell Club" layout, I no longer have the GP layout or "Full circuit"

For what these people have created on the budget they had is somewhat remarkable and nothing short of a miracle, this should have Kazanorisan quite scared, the development cost of this game was less then 1/4-1/3 of what GT6 was and took twice as long to build, and this is so much better, and there is so much more to come, for those who dismiss this game due to its lack of circuits and cars, there is so much more in the works, even if you purchase it later down the track, show these guys some support, its these developers that will rock the boots on PD and get them exercising their creativity and giving us a product to compete next time around,

SECOND SIDE NOTE: I am looking into hosting a GT series on PCARS for PS4 owners, this will be most likely Tuesday or Friday evening's, if there are any interested people please PM me and I will keep you personally up to date on developments,
    Last edited: May 11, 2015
    Peter Wise, Cyber_STIG_77 and Ad2mny like this.
  7. Killercarlcox69

Killercarlcox69 Professional

PSN ID
    Killercarlcox69
    I cant agree with enough dave , they have raised the bar to a new and a affordable height .
    They have taken leafs out of grid 2 ,v8 superstars ,and grid autosports book and made this so far . On a shoe string budget !
    Lets see what GT 7 can do .
    TDZdave likes this.
  8. SamCham1095

SamCham1095 Rookie

I have also noticed it is really hard on Project CARS with a controller. Hopefully I can find the money for a wheel if I want to do PCARS events here...