QLD Kart Meet - Dec 11th - Sign up and info

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Anon666, Nov 7, 2016.

1. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Haha yeah same here. look like a wank with half burnt arms now. was a sweet day. gotta do it again soonish
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    someone edit the pic with arrows and names!!
  3. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Such a good day, awesome to meet such a friendly group of blokes who all share a love of racing. I hope someone can upload the qualifying and race results, hall of fame perhaps? :p

Can't wait for the next one, hopefully even bigger! Minus points go to Ben who jumped the start, definitely filing a protest for that! :roflmao:
    Sam D Blacklock and Zachery like this.
  4. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

Hopefully Sergio pressed his share button on his chest so we can have some footage as proof.
    Nah in all seriousness I know how to get them off the line fairly good
    JonoStan96 and Zachery like this.
  5. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Have you still got the results sheet. if you do. should upload them too
  6. Benjamin J Smith

I get them emailed too me so i will post them
    Zachery likes this.
  7. Benjamin J Smith

Practice
    [​IMG]
    Qualifying
    [​IMG]

Race 5 Laps Standing Start (Fastboy did not jump start)
    [​IMG]

incey, Anon666, VARDZ and 3 others like this.
  8. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Beat me to it Ben. Thanks for putting that up. Thanks again lads, that was an epic day. I will aim not to be fully hung over next time we do this...maybe?!? The race was the highlight for me. Jumped in the kart and straight away felt the difference in grip and speed from the kart I used in prac and qual. Great battles with Jono and Ben, but the podium boys were on another level. Big congrat's to Pringles who won the ROOZ Kart Cup and his team Kartastrophe for cleaning up the teams championship - next time we'll let your tyres down I think.

Huge thank you to all those who travelled, Incey, Jono, Stiggy, Ben, etc. It's always great to put a face to a name. It was a big turn out and a few quiet beers afterwards finished the day off nicely. We do have to do this again, as long as I get the fast kart for the race again!!
  9. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    Yes indeed we have to do it again, I missed out because I've been dragged to a place I think is called Whothe:):):):)knowswhereiam, in northern Norway, and am freezing my ass off, glad you all had fun though...........lucky bastards.
    Sam D Blacklock and Anon666 like this.
  10. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    just today i heard a story about a bloke who took a job in norway, sounds very tough. he was doing something with dogs....keeping warm i'm guessing
  11. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    I had a great visit to tyler, mat and fastboy's backyard...it seems tez hangs out there as well, either that or he's a fast learner. Tyler did a great job setting up the day at Xtreme and i'm pretty sure we all enjoyed it. His job of giving me tips seemed to go out the window though when we got into the The Swindlers (check the pics). I didn't remember if he gave me tips or if he just kept the best lines to himself but it was a good time regardless. He had a good laugh watching me fail at Assetto Corsa after many beers. For those of you who didn't know, Tyler did a stint at an endurance race in the morning at another track and backed up at Xtreme for the arvo race. All on f' all sleep. Like a true mini mighty machine. (Good luck for the Euro trip mate)
    I found the karts were a bit inconsistent, but racing in a pack was new to me and very fun. Banter is hard though with a full face helmet and no mike.... I tried to invent hand signals on the fly to display my enthusiasm.
    It was really good meeting other roozers and having a chat...the diversity was pretty amazing but we all spoke the rooz language and kept the racing clean. Stiggy13's pass on me on the last race lap was sublime but sh*t at the same time, if you know what i mean.
    speaking of sh*t, jono's acceleration, or rather lack thereof in the race, probably cost me the win, actually, probably not, but i did have to push him off the grid. Once he got going i couldn't catch up even in the draft and anon left us both for dead as he powered past.
    Anon's trophy creation deserves a mention....maybe someone else can have a go if we do it again. hahahaha
    I doubt I would be able to spend that much again on a whim but I had a great time and will enjoy whatever duties the minister imposes to make up for it. (turns out I have to travel on Ovation of the Seas for a fortnight)(sux right)
    Thanks for the good times roozers. If you are up my way with a day to spare I'll take you to my home track for a run. Pics to follow
    SPL Racing, Anon666, Zachery and 4 others like this.
  12. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    [​IMG]
    Tyler and the trophy....lovingly crafted by Anon ( the trophy not ty)
    KoAStR, JonoStan96, Anon666 and 2 others like this.
  13. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    [​IMG]
    race grid positions
    Anon666, Zachery and Sam D Blacklock like this.
  14. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    [​IMG]
    dat track tho
    Zachery and Sam D Blacklock like this.
  15. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
  16. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    post race debrief
  17. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    aaarrrrghhhh me hangover

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2016
    Anon666 and Zachery like this.
  18. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    awesome work posting all the photos @incey. what a good lookin bunch we are.
    incey and Sam D Blacklock like this.
  19. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
    So with you guys having a blast at this event would any of you guys be keen to team up for an up coming Endurance Series on Project Cars
  20. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Do it guys, is a great day with like minded guys - and beer.
    v8power383 likes this.