R18+ a step closer

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Rumbleshorts, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-r18-video-games/story-fn7cejhd-1226271652456

Like me, you may be sitting back reading the headline with a 'YAY, about time" going through your mind, but there is a catch.

Just as with X-rated movies only being available in the 2 Territories, it will ultimately be up to the states to determine whether or not to let the 18+ R-rated games be allowed for sale in their states. If the states legislate the same as they do with X-rated movies, those wanting them will end up needing to buy out of Canberra or Darwin, or OS as it already is.

At least with OS purchases, we won't be potentially fined for imported games on the 'banned' list :)
  2. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
    Coalition has pushed for an inquiry which may slow down the process.

Link
  3. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    mmmmmmm how can i say this nicely mmmmmmmm i can't the Australian Government are all a bunch
    :):):):)WITS , W**KERS , DIP:):):):)S , C**KHEADS , THIEVES , TARTS , ummmmmmm did i say SL*TS , BART**DS and B*TCHS..... O'yeah and they are lazy and overpaid mob of C*NTS.
    :) :) sorry about all the stars :lol:
  4. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    I think you should stop sitting on the fence Aussie. Tell us what you really think!
  5. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Even with the R18+ system, some games will most likely still be censored to death or refused anyway. As long as the country is run by people with their morality and customs stuck in the 1950's, we will never be able to enjoy a lot of games the way they were intended. Their "Moral" way of thinking is based on a 2000 year old book written by a bunch of sand hippies. Religion is poison.
  6. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    i don't do "sitting on the fence" as you would say
    i knock the fence over and just keep going :lol:
    you could say i'm just insy winsy little bit blunt when it comes to most things.
  7. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    BUT morality should not be set aside. In the last few months I've read at least 3 reports of otherwise fairly 'normal' teenagers killing 'just to see what it felt like'.... Surely the lack of morality in alot of todays 'entertainment' media, that glorifies and romantisizes killing, and particularly targets teenage audiences, is not helping this disturbing trend.

Certainly this standpoint applies less to gaming, where the disconnect with reality is obviously greater. But don't confuse a healthy level of morality and censorship with religion.
  8. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Their Christian "morals" seem to overwrite common sense. That's what I'm saying. It's good to have morals, I like morals, I have my own personal morals, but I don't base my life decisions on the scribbles from a desert scroll. Too many of our leaders do, unfortunately.
  9. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    :lol: indeed! there's a whole other topic of discussion....
  10. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Indeed sir! Aaaaanyyywaaaays, in the end it will come down to individual states to lay the law. It's something that happens with a lot of laws, and is for the most part a pain in the arse, but that's the way it is.
  11. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

I don't think it is so much religion based, but the fact the censorship board are al 55+ with old school '50's' values.. There is the biggest issue.

As for the Opposition countering it; Lib is my pref over Labour federally due to the way the ranga is running the country, but I still don't really want a bible basher asmy PM... He is more like a Republican from the US, so 'tea party'esq it isn't funny.
  12. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Yer the libs like setting rules that they don't have to adhere to, and labor spend money trying to please everybody. They never going to do that when they are stepping on the toes of those telling the bedtime stories. Politics sucks, we pay while they play.
  13. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    The sooner someone shoots a certain redhead......the better. Jee wiz she is f'ing us all over.
  14. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

It's not religion based Rumble....I'm just saying that a lot of politicians seem to let religion rule over thier judgement......Abbott is one of them, as you just mentioned mate...that's why I would never vote for him. That rubbish has no place in modern society, let alone been allowed to run rampant in our political system.
  15. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    I AGREE the poor just poorer and rich just get richer.
    politicians just keep bending the hard working Australian over and shoving it up the tall pipe,
    then when they finished :):):):)ing us they pinch the money out our back pockets.
    than give away to every other bloody country.

AUSTRALIA IS COUNTRY NOT FUNDRAISING ORGANISATION !!!!!! Stop giving our god dam money away like the Red Cross !!!!
  16. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    Agreed, well said.
  17. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Hey Aussie lets hope the NBN gets to Brokeback Hill before the blood suckers get back in power and take that money back to give too Mizz Ironheart and all their other rich tax avoiding friends to send off to their oversees bank accounts. The NBN is the one thing I like about the current Gov and StAbit wants to go down the wireless path, if the line goes in before they stop it, you will be able to host all our rooms Aussie.
  18. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

We DO NOT want wireless, lol.
  19. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773

Only for a premium bonus. We had telstra doing some line work for us at work and the tek guy was saying that the basic broadband will be the same or very similar as adsl2, but to get the wizbang fast one it will be bloody expensive.

Also, was interesting to hear that the NBN that they put in tassie has to be upgraded already. Whatever they put in down there doesnt match the rest of the system on the mainland.......bloody genious' the labor government.
  20. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

I just feeling like slapping them around the face when I watch question time.