SIMBIN Raceroom Racing Experience

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by TheStig13, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    Clevohead likes this.
  2. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Ok, will have look at my schedule and get back to you in pm.
  3. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    No worries, I work in dport so even if we caught up for coffee one day if your about
    Clevohead likes this.
  4. TheStig13

TheStig13 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    thestig-13
    For anyone who's interested, all of the DLC packs that are available on Steam are currently 50% off in the summer sale. DTM 2013 for $7.99 and DTM 1992 for $5.49 are probably the best buys on there.
  5. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Interesting. So what would be the total cost to get into this?
    Registration is free so I assume there's no ongoing subs, just the cost of any new desirable content?

The four DLC packs in steam total $42 USD after the discount, but there seems to be more like 16 packs in the raceroom website store.

I would probably keep AC as my 'go to' sim, and haven't renewed iRacing sub because of the ramping costs, so don't want to invest much in something else ATM.
  6. TheStig13

PSN ID
    thestig-13
    Hard to calculate the total cost, if you want to buy everything it'll cost around $200 if you get some of the content in packs. The DTM pack that's on sale will give you most of the tracks, then you can get the most of the others in the two track packs in the web store. For the cars it depends on what you prefer to race... if there's only one car that you like in a class it's better just to get that rather than the full pack.

For the price of AC, PCars or a yearly iRacing sub you can get a decent amount of content in this, especially if you take advantage of sales - they sometimes have 50% off all single content in store (last time they did this was at Easter).
  7. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Cheers thanks Stig
  8. zampli

zampli Team Driver

9. TheStig13

PSN ID
    thestig-13
  10. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    From Thrustmasters sookbook page:
    Get ready for THE race !
    From July 10 to August 6 take part in theThrustmasterRaceRoomcompetition!
    An amazing challenge you don’t want to miss: freeraceroom competition withThrustmaster gears to win!
    >>http://game.raceroom.com > install this free-to-play game to be ready for Friday!
  11. Cyberstig1

Cyberstig1 Rookie

PSN ID
    Cyberstig1
    I believe you may be referring to 'Stalkbook'
  12. colin-50_

colin-50_ Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    i have all the the packs for race room
    is there any league rooms set up
  13. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    I can see why you like this game @TheStig13. Did 60 odd laps around laguna seca today for the thrusmaster competition and the cars sounds are amazing (especially the backfire :thumbsup:).
    The ffb through the old dfgt is pretty awesome as well :D.
  14. TheStig13

PSN ID
    thestig-13
    The latest update for this came out overnight, which brought a heap of changes/improvements to the sim. The most notable change was an overhaul of car physics in a number of car classes (Aquila CR1 Cup, Silhouette Series, BMW M1 Procar, ADAC GT Masters and GTR3). The Aquila and Silhouette Series are part of the free content which were in desperate need of an overhaul as they were horrible to drive, especially in comparison to the newer content. This update has transformed them from cars that I'd actively avoid driving to something that is enjoyable to race. Might try and get a few races going one night on some of the public servers.

The 2015 DTM Experience was also released in the update, though I have not bought it (yet). Unlike the past DTM Experience packs, this season's cars can be driven outside of the DTM Experience game modes/tracks straight from release (2013 and 2014 were only able to be used outside of the DTM Experience mode when the next season's pack was released).
  15. thebigRAGOO_14

thebigRAGOO_14 Team Driver

PSN ID
    thebigRAGOO_14
    Anyone know how heavy this is on data??
  16. TheStig13

PSN ID
    thestig-13
    When it's installed, it takes up 17GB of hard drive space... not sure how big the download is though, as there's been quite a few updates since I first installed it.
  17. thebigRAGOO_14

PSN ID
    thebigRAGOO_14
    Maybe didn't word myself correctly. As I'm on limited data per month I'm concerned as to how much I would be using whilst playing the game. I don't have an issue with my download limit on the console it's just the PC I'm worried about.
  18. thebigRAGOO_14

PSN ID
    thebigRAGOO_14
    Is there anyone who can help me get my wheel running on this game can bind all setting but no steering Please help
  19. thebigRAGOO_14

PSN ID
    thebigRAGOO_14
    Do we have a rooz room up for this. Looking to get more into the PC racing as opposed to ps4
  20. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    Not that I know of Ragoo. Most PC sim racing is happening in Assetto Corsa. Racenight is Monday with Practice on Thursdays.

@Frostwa hosts a Pcars night on tuesdays around 8:30 on PC