SIMBIN Raceroom Racing Experience

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by TheStig13, Jan 24, 2013.

1. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    Race room looks awesome watch a lot of jardier streams where he is esport racing on it...can’t wait to get a pc
    TheStig13 likes this.
  2. Ozglenn

Ozglenn Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    ozglenn0513
    Sorry stig I can't make it ....The game is AWSOME everyone should give it a try ....
    TheStig13 likes this.
  3. TheStig13

TheStig13 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    thestig-13
  4. TheStig13

PSN ID
    thestig-13
    All of the content in RaceRoom is free to try this weekend (until the 23rd). I can definitely recommend checking out the recently updated content - DTM 1992, Touring Classics, GT3 and GT4. If you've played RaceRoom before you'll need to delete any old controller profiles for your wheel as the FFB settings were changed significantly in the recent update

There's also a bunch of Ranked servers that are currently open for beta testing at the moment.
    c4rLo5, KoAStR and Noxrai like this.
  5. TheStig13

PSN ID
    thestig-13
    First event that I'm hosting this year in RaceRoom with AUS-NZ Racing is a two hour multiclass GT3 and GT4 race at Bathurst to celebrate the Bathurst 12 Hour on February 8th, one week after the real event.
    [​IMG]
    Currently it looks like we'll get a decent sized field for the race with 24 signed up so far - if you're keen to sign up, head over to the AUS-NZ Discord (https://discord.gg/6aQH5P4) and use the form in the pinned messages on the #bathurst-2-hour channel.
    Anon666 likes this.
  6. TheStig13

PSN ID
    thestig-13
    There are now a few official ranked servers set up in Australia which have been opened up as part of RaceRoom's testing of their ranking system. There are 5 servers up at the moment, currently running Silhouette Series (free content), GT3, GT4, WTCR and F4.
  7. TheStig13

PSN ID
    thestig-13
    I've managed to get a spot in tonight's DTM Esports Classic Challenge, and will be racing against many current and former DTM drivers. Keep an eye out for the mighty #33 Mustang in the broadcast :D
    Ozglenn, Hatfield and KoAStR like this.
  8. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Good luck mate! Let us know how you go
  9. Ozglenn

PSN ID
    ozglenn0513
    Great Ist Race Brodie win and fastest lap:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
    Why did you start rear for grid for the second race ???? awesome race to get 6th and fastest lap :thumbsup::thumbsup:
    KoAStR likes this.
  10. TheStig13

PSN ID
    thestig-13
    Thanks Glenn, ended up missing most of qualifying because I had issues with the server browser and had to restart the game. Joined the session with 2 minutes of qualifying left so had to start at the back.
  11. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
    I played this for the first time today and had a ball with with the free but limited content so I have to know what are some of the good cars and tracks to buy
    KoAStR likes this.
  12. Ozglenn

PSN ID
    ozglenn0513
    It is cheaper if you buy the Virtual race points (VRP) from here https://www.raceroomstore.com and then use that to buy what you want on the Raceroom Store site its heaps cheaper that steam. They will have a sale in November black Friday, it will be half price if you can wait that long. If you want to try some online racing check out AUSNZ simracing on discord, great bunch of guys...
    v8power383 likes this.
  13. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
    Awesome thanks for the info mate
  14. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Also cheaper to buy bundles.
    v8power383 likes this.
  15. TheStig13

PSN ID
    thestig-13
    RaceRoom are continuing to roll out their plan for ranked multiplayer, and are now starting a weekly ranked endurance race each Wednesday night. This week it is a 60 minute race in the GTR2 class at Laguna Seca - the server will open at 7pm AEDT and the race will start at 8:20pm.
    [​IMG]

There are also a number of Esports competitions that have just opened for the Asia-Pacific region. WTCR have just opened the first leaderboard qualifier for their Asian Esports championship, which will be run at the end of this month (http://game.raceroom.com/championships/62). eRacing GP (which is run by former F1 and A1GP driver Alex Yoong) are also starting their new season this week, with a number of different classes to cover different skill levels - the main Gold class is running the recently released DTM 2020 cars (http://game.raceroom.com/competitions/1207/leaderboard).
    v8power383 likes this.
  16. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    So if you haven't tried out the new force feedback, you should give this game another go. I gave it a thorough workout tonight and really enjoyed it. Seemed to go alright in the Europe servers too even with a 300ms ping
    KoAStR likes this.
  17. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Cheers mate good tip, I haven't touched this in ages but new FFB sounds like a good reason to scratch that lingering Group 5 itch
    UrsineSaturn9 likes this.
  18. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Professional

PSN ID
    PSN: Ryzza5 / Steam: Ryzza5
    If they have another sale let me know here on Discord and I'll pick up the necessary vRP and 'everything' pack and see if I can join you for some casual races later this year.
    UrsineSaturn9 likes this.
  19. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
  20. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Professional

PSN ID
    PSN: Ryzza5 / Steam: Ryzza5
    poop, I missed it.