Season 11 Car Poll 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Cyber_STIG_77, Apr 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I wont be able to make the prac room tonight, but I'd like to take this opportunity to suggest some tracks here:
    Eiger Nordwand Short Track (weather)
    Nrburgring GPD or 24h (weather/time)
    Cape Ring Periphery
    Spa (weather)
    Le Mans (weather/time)
    Deep Forest
    A user submitted custom track (spice things up, eh?)

Cheers, Jono
  2. zampli

zampli Team Driver

Sadly we dont do Spa as its a DLC track.
    Sorry cyber I just finished F1 when you messaged, can't be on late anymore, hols over:(
    Was only thinking a few days ago, I shouldve done some more testing during the holidays so I can be on a bit later, completely forgot about it apart from that little bit I did in your lobby.
  3. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    :(
  4. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Ran a few laps in the TVR last night with Cyber. After a while I had to pull over and do some work on it. Drives much better now as you can see!!

[​IMG]
  5. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    Hahaha... can't be that bad surely!?
  6. colin-50_

colin-50_ Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    you want a bet
  7. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    May be difficult for the lower divisons as light cars tend to be less stable.

Maybe different Tyre compounds for different divisons? as i really like this car on hards.
  8. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    I loved it in hards
  9. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead

Computer says nooo {)

All Divs run same car/same tyres.
  10. zampli

zampli Team Driver

Everyone will be fine come season start, I think the most hated car since I've been here was probably the ZR1.
    I didn't like the hards, just found it boring, think cyber did as well when we tested for a bit.

We had the cascading tyres (different tyres for diffent divs) in season 4, not sure if they had it before that, depressing when I realized how much slower I was on a softer tyre compared to the div 1's lol.
  11. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    The more loose the car handles the more fun for me, i loved the ZR1 but it wasnt an easy car to drive on hards as there was very little rear grip.

Where are you guys testing at?
  12. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    @ mustafur, have you driven the speed 6 RM yet or are you assuming that because it is light that it is less stable because after the testing i have done this car feels like it weights 2000kg not 885kg like the stats say ! this car is next to impossible to drive with the rear end, you can get a bit of oversteer under brakes but not under power. it is really messing with my head how a car with 400bhp that weights 885kg can be so titanic like on the track. I'm starting to get a feel for it but for me it just seems a bit easier to drive than i would like but thats ok because it should produce some very close racing ( i hope ) :)
  13. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    i'll be on for some more testing tonight at about 8:30-9:00pm aest if anyone is keen to help out.
  14. WAC

PSN ID
    Well i put my hand up to say i liked the car so i better prove why....just need to do a kart race and then will look for you to help test.
  15. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    How about

Deep Forest
    London
    Grand Valley East Reverse (sprint round)
    Daytona Road
    Suzuka (enduro)
    Grand Valley
    Madrid
  16. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    This car has loads of mid to high speed understeer which is just painful on highspeed corners, i don't want this car and it would feel like a chore to drive it.
  17. WAC

PSN ID
    Well i clearly don't know how to drive as fast as you - but last night at Monza it felt fine to me.
    Did 15laps at DeepForest on sport softs and it felt great as well.
    So i guess i don't know what i'm talking about...
  18. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Monza is monza really, your not going to find much out of the car on a track thats basically flat out with a few slow corners.

But driving it at Suzuka, Fuji and Autumn ring was painful it requires an absurd amount of off throttle time before you can put it back on to floor it out of a corner.

I was using hards though.

I mean this car turns better then the RX7 because it has racing tyres and aero but compared any other racing cars on vote its very far off imo.
  19. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Guys at this stage, this is the car. As with every car choice over 10 seasons, it will polarize. Can I suggest as many people as possible get on over the next week and run some laps. We need to decide on tyres and tracks, and we want people to give the mod's and admin feedback...constructive feedback. Cyber and I will try and have rooms open during the next week, but it would be nice to have feedback from all the divisions.

Personally I didn't vote for the TVR, already knew I didn't like it. But I didn't like the Tamora, the McLaren, or the G37 either in previous seasons. The challenge for me in those seasons was to learn how to drive (what in my opinion was) a bad car, well.
  20. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    I'm with you Joe, if anything it felt quite grippy on hards but then again, I'm not technical as many of you. Will drive anything we decide on (unless it is that vette on hards we drove a few weeks ago lol).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.