Season 12: Division 1 (Apex King's)

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, Aug 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    Just for the record it was not a rage quit - got kicked out of the room just as i pulled up next to Nat?.
    TBH someone did me a flavor thou..bad timing from me had me arrive at the track 30sec's before the race...so no warm up
    and then i chucked it into the wall damaging the car.
    A very forgettable season for me(won't be running at Spa as i don't have the track).
    Thanks gentlemen
    Bye for now
  2. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Yeah saw that joe, was bummed for you. Hate the DSC. :(

Shame you don't have spa, is a cracker track to race at. Hopefully see you on track again soon.
  3. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Good racing with you Joe, see you next season.
  4. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Yeah, catchya next season Joe. Thanks for some good battles this season.
    Had some good racing with Cyber last night too, fun and clean, thanks mate.
    Cyber_STIG_77 likes this.
  5. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    See you next season Joe, I know you'll be quick in the Citroen!
  6. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    It's quite interesting racing someone who can't see you, which is what happened with myself and mustafur, because I didn't exist on his screen my car has no effect on his car, and his car basically becomes an immovable object towards me.
    [​IMG]
    Pole time was 1:35.9
    [​IMG]
    Opening corner and I was forced wide and onto the grass by mustafur's car.
    [​IMG]
    Natman having a massive lunge into the chicane on the 1st lap.
    [​IMG]
    Natman unfortunately losing it on lap 2 after swapping positions on nuerous occasions with N64 on the previous few corners.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    At this point on lap 13 I still hadn't realised that Mustafur couldn't see me so my car was forced off track again. After it happened again, this time on the exit of this corner on lap 14 that's when I realised he must no be able to see me.
    [​IMG]
    So I decided to stay out the extra lap and pit on lap 15 to try and jump mustafur, which turned out well.
    [​IMG]
    Just trying desperately to not let Mustafur's car touch me.
    [​IMG]
    Someone should be held accountable for ruining my paint job, haha.

Rotor, If you still wan't the replay from suzuka I can upload it if you wan't, It's 100 Mb.
    Anon666, S_CLOSE and Mustafur like this.
  7. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    It was a shame i couldn't see you, it prevented a potentionally good battle.
    S_CLOSE likes this.
  8. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Good speed by natman here, judging from.his race pace and qually times, he had the ability to get a podium here.
  9. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    To clarify, the rules for Spa are:

Wet race settings: Room set to 0% weather and changeability, but 100% track coverage.

Initially it was my intention to only allow a 1 lap qual (outlap and hotlap). The aim is to start before track coverage drops below 90%, so if everyone in the room can get out on track as soon as it is reset you can do as many laps as is possible until the track coverage reaches 92%. So you should get a second hotlap in. Captain's please keep an eye on the counter, so the start happens at the right time.

Racing rain and intermediate tyres are allowed as well as sports soft in Division 2 and 3, only racing rain and sports soft tyres are allowed in Division 1. So Div 1 can use racing rain tyres for the whole race, or sports soft for the whole race, or use racing rain for 1 stint and sports soft for another stint. No mixing is permitted (eg front - racing rain, rear - sports soft). Div 2 and 3 differs only in so much as racing intermediate tyres are also allowed. So you guys can use 1, 2 or all 3 tyre types during the race. Again no mixing.

Team captains will check the replay to make sure everyone has complied. If you accidentally put on racing hards (which you will need to purchase so as you can access rain and intermediate tyres) or intermediates if you are in Div 1, then you must pit for a set of allowed tyres at the end of the next lap to avoid a penalty.

Finally, please get out and run some laps. This is a relatively short race, but the wet track and multiple tyre options mean that strategy is key. There will be off's and penalties and pit errors, so no matter how far back you are, just keep on trucking - this race won't be over till the fat lady's tonsils are quivering!!

Any more questions, post away.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  10. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Set the timer to 7 mins from reset should be enough time, its roughly 2:5X.XX at full wet a lap so this will allow everyone to do a lap.

It dries very quick.
    Cyber_STIG_77 likes this.
  11. X4rotorsploxX

X4rotorsploxX Rookie

PSN ID
    X4rotorsploxX S.Leonheart (GT6)
    Can't guarantee I'll be at Spa this weekend. Friends 21st Saturday and I'm not sure what sort of shape I'll be in.
  12. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Have had my folks staying all week, so apart from a messy run on Friday night in the Amuse, I've not touched GT5. Had planned on doing a quick test before tonight to check settings, but that hasn't happened until now. When I initially tested the wet track settings, they did seem pretty consistent, but after a couple of test sessions today it proved to be less consistent than I remember.

As has been mentioned, it dries quick. So the initial aim was to start the race with around 90% track coverage. This may be very hard to achieve with a full grid, so please as soon as the captain resets the room for qual, get out on track and hook in.

I expect the 3 rooms to have trouble in the wet, but Div 1 should cope the best. Cyber or I will start the race when coverage hits 90% whether (or weather...) you have finished your hotlap or not. Remeber Div 1, NO INTERMEDIATES!! Racing Wet or Sports soft only.
    For Div 2, Stumbles will start the race when track coverage has reached 85%. For Div 3, Clevo can leave it run up to 80% before starting the race. Stumbles and Clevo may start the race sooner if everyone in the room has finished a hotlap.
    Good luck lads, let's make it a good end to the season!
  13. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    It shall be glorious!
  14. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Well done to the Apex Kings! What a season. We had 3 clear stars this season, but more importantly, we had a minimum of 9 drivers for each and every race. Please come back next season boys, old rivalries to be re-ignited and new rivalries to be found. We might see a bit of a grid shuffle for next season, a few guys from div 2 coming up and a few from here may drop down, but this is a really solid group of drivers and has been my favourite season in the Sunday league.

Cheers lads!

Now for the boring stuff, Warrior stormed home in the last lap to nab the win with Musta 0.038 seconds behind! Musta got pole and Warrior nabbed fastest lap again.
    [​IMG]
    The rest of us put our heads down and tried to stay on track. Can I say I love this track!
    From my calculations, there won't be much of a change to the ladder after this round, so the Div 1 Season 12 Champion is Warrior! Well done man, that right foot of yours is worth bottling. Musta and Rotor have kept Warrior honest all season, and deserve plenty of kudos as well. Warm up your Citroen's boys, let's get into Season 13!!
  15. X4rotorsploxX

X4rotorsploxX Rookie

PSN ID
    After watching the first corner replay I don't think I had any reason to pull over - I thought it was Anon in my inside but it was Natman apparently 0.0.

And just to confirm I was on Sports softs - I was doubting what my pit crew actually put on my car!!!!
  16. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    It was a great comeback Rotor, well done. Couldn't switch on either set of tyres when they were cold, threw away stacks of time after the pitstop especially. Don't remember much about the first corner mate, other than there were cars everywhere and I couldn't see due to the spray!!
  17. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Happy enough with my sports pace but struggled on rains.
  18. X4rotorsploxX

X4rotorsploxX Rookie

PSN ID
    Thanks man. I wasn't particularly special on the wets. Just could get better traction compared to a few other guys. Yeah I for some reason thought your NSX was a blue one but watched the replay to get a good idea of what actually happened.

Bring on S13 - hopefully I can snag a win!
  19. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
  20. X4rotorsploxX

X4rotorsploxX Rookie

PSN ID
    Nah everyone was there til the end except Joe as he didn't have the track.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.