Season 4 - Division 2- Powered by TURTLE BEACH

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jun 20, 2016.

1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Driver Briefing - R4 - BATHURST

Ok guys.....Race regs below.....

Race Date : 9/10/2016
    Time : 1300
    Track Temp : 38* / ambient 27*
    3 x Weather slots - 1 light cloud / 2 overcast / 3 clear
    FUEL : slow
    Tire Wear : slow
    Time Progression : Real
    ALLOW GHOSTING : YES

Track Limits...
    Wont be an issue this round, the walls for 3/4 of the track will make sure of that !

DRIVING STANDARDS
    The main thing this round will be push penalties. The reality is that there are limited passing opportunities, so drivers will need to be patient
    [​IMG]

It is certainly a track where you need to not only be patient, but also GIVE ROOM if you have someone making a pass. Best spots are The chase, Murrays, Hell Corner and Griffens Bend. From the Cutting right through to Forrest elbow is pretty much 1 line, so please use your heads through here. Just because you are faster doesnt mean the car in front should get out of the way if fighting for position, forcing your way through will end in tears.

THE DIPPER and SKYLINE
    This does have the potential to create chaos if someone at the front or mid pack spins. If you spin there make sure you wait for a clear track before re-entering. Remember that there is a penalty for taking out other drivers when coming back on.....use your heads !

Cheers stu
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2016
    SPL Racing and Zachery like this.
  2. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Whats allow ghosting?
  3. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    all it does is ghost a car in front if parked sideways across the track......will stop all the blow ups from cars that spin on the way down the mountain ... trust me !
    Zachery likes this.
  4. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Ahh i like the thinking there. Once again excellent job mate.
  5. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    I thought it was changed to a 1 pm start time to try and get more heat in the tyres.
  6. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    yep, you're right o_O
  7. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  8. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
  9. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Damn this stupid game!!

Rolling comfortably in 3rd and P:):):):)cars decides an invisible wall is on order coming down the mountain. Screw you PCars. Cant wait to get rid of you.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2016
    SPL Racing and Anthony like this.
  10. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Unofficial results. Protests most likely coming...
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Jim disconected. should finish ahead of sir nige.
    Unofficial results. Most likely protests coming.
    AOCleaner74 and SPL Racing like this.
  11. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    where is tanktex in the final shot?
  12. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    should still be 10th. Total race time of 46:57.942.

Multiple protests pending.
    AOCleaner74 likes this.
  13. ADZA_85

ADZA_85 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    ADZA_85
    Sorry to hear zharves. Youve had quality times all week.
    Was a psychological battle at the front with AO as we made an exchange of a tenth or two lap over lap. A solid drive free from major error to secure P2 for him.
    Was quiet up front. Glad to take line honours at the mountain.
    On a negative note:
    On my outlap of qualifying, whilst behind Zharves and approaching the final turn- i slowed to allow a gap of a few seconds. This benefits both the car in front and myself to be able to put down an honest solid timed lap.
    But i was rudely passed by AO and Jim (edit: Blindman) as i entered the final turn to begin my lap. I was put into a spin and into the wall.
    This upset any attempt of my qualifying and to be honest. Pissed me off big time.
    Ive said before. Allow a few seconds gap to the person in front to allow everyone to complete a timed lap.
    There was no need to pass me. I didn't stop. I lifted off the throttle. It would have been in your best intentions to do the same thing to allow yourself a gap to me. Obviously theres no grounds here for a protest.
    Its an unspoken rule, a gentlemens approach if u like...
    Anyway. Moving on.

Im out for the next few races to holiday in the states. Ill be back for the final round hopefully.

Good luck to all. Drive safe ;)
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2016
    stucar17, SPL Racing and Zachery like this.
  14. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Its all good. Ill be back again next week. Have a good time in the states mate. And good work on the win tonight.

Well done to the other podium getters also. Tough track, but such a good track.
  15. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    Good result for me. I knew early in the week Adza would be super fast. So to push him throughout the race and only to have a few little errors and only finish 3.4 secs off him was great!
    I snagged pole on my 2d lap after getting an awesome slip off Zharvs to get a 15.1.
    I am sorry if my overtake put you off Adza, but I actually forced myself to get just behind you on the outl lap and sat behind you until you suddenly slowed down, so I overtook as Zvars' slipstream was disappearing.
    It was actually Blindman who followed after me after I took you that lap. We were trying some secret squirrel stuff only Pro state members are privlaged to know about!
    Anyhow got away like a bag of you know what, so fell back to 3rd behind Zharvs, had a run on him going into the chase , he out braked himself and I got a little tap which gave me a 5 sec penalty as I was coming thru. (No sure who it was, but no dramas, was a racing incident as far as I could tell.)
    So I fell back to 4th, until the 2 ahead had a slight coming together down the mountain which gave me 2nd, albeit 11secs behind Adza.
    I just tried to get back in a rhythm until lap 8, then I knew it was time to push!
    Obviously Adza thought the same, and I was only taking a few 10ths out per lap until the final 6 laps where he just cruzed home, not without me pushing tho! I set a 14.9 without slipstream trying to catch him!
    So well done Adza on the win, just quick enough to win tonight, awesome stuff!
    Well done to Cob for 3rd
    SPL Racing likes this.
  16. Jim_aka_The_Man

Jim_aka_The_Man Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jim_aka_TheMan
    RE: Qualy Incident - As @AOCleaner74 mentioned, i was slightly further behind, you were already into a spin offline before i got there.
    Contrary to your own fast pace @MrF1 , I knew my only chance for a good starting position was to be close behind to follow the likes you and AO on the first fast lap of qual.
    I had a few god battles throughout the race with @Beverages4017 and @t_b_williams, not sure if we may have had a couple of lag tap incidents but still quite good fun, albeit a little off the pace.
  17. Beverages4017

Beverages4017 Rookie

PSN ID
    Beverages4017
    We had a good little battle there for a few laps before you got the hell corner outside kerb and spun. That's probably the only corner i didn't make a mistake on this race!
  18. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    After trying to find some space in quali I put down an ok lap which ended up being the only clean lap I got in. It started 5th which was as high as I expected I could get and held position for the first lap until some shenanigans at the chase gifted me 2nd place. I thought I would push for a couple of laps to hold my gap but the faster cars were rapidly approaching. I entered the dipper too quick on the following lap which turned me around, sorry to @VENDALISM who was following behind me, I left you nowhere to go.
    I had to sit and wait for the entire field to pass me before I could try and turn around and work my way from the rear of the field. All the consistency I had found in practice abandoned me as I tried to catch the pack ahead of me. I made it up to 8th then when I passed Chaz Mostert (@Zharvs92) in a twisted mess of metal just after the dipper I inherited 7th place (bad luck mate, you were on for another strong result)

Although in the long run I only lost 2 spots from where I qualified I was pretty disappointed with my drive. Congrats to @MrF1 and AO for dominating and to Cob for snagging another podium.
    AOCleaner74, Zachery and ADZA_85 like this.
  19. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    good job guys....havent seen any protests 'yet'........
  20. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    ?