Season 4 - Division 2- Powered by TURTLE BEACH

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jun 20, 2016.

1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    i say 'yet' as i normally have some by now.....maybe TB and cob are sorting them ?
  2. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
    i think TB and Cob are get all the info and video together first but from what i know is there is more then one protest that needs to be sorted
  3. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    ok, cheers
  4. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    [​IMG]
    Protests Pending
  5. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Yes sorting them as we speak. keep an eye on your inbox sorry stu.
  6. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    hey guys...

Will be running a race distance tonight from about 9:15 (syd time) to check the room settings etc before i confirm in the driver briefing tomorrow.....anyone interested feel free to join..

Will be mainly testing the fuel burn, but looking at mine (1.61) if i average up to 1.65L per lap that should allow for a 36 lap race (59.4L total), changing down from 38.....given the fuel burn gets less as the weight comes off i will test tonight on 36 and see what people finish on.....Tires will be tight, but this could be the only strategy play in the season so perhaps people having to take a phase in the race to look after their tires could spice things up a little but will confirm after tonight.

At this stage the settings will be
    FUEL : slow
    TIRE WEAR : slow
    Date : 9/10/16
    1pm race start
    Track Temp : 35*
    Ambient Temp : 25*

Cheers stu
    SPL Racing likes this.
  7. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    Is a tyre changed allowed?
  8. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    I should be on tonight mate
    stucar17 likes this.
  9. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    ill try to be around mate. flick me an invite just incase i forget.
    stucar17 likes this.
  10. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    will look at it tonight
  11. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    @Hatfield
    Ok. 10 sec penalty has been given to Zharves for contact at the chase, and taking position. This drops him behind Mikeruntbike into 11th. Tank to 9th and mike to 10th.

One more protest nearly finalised but wont affect outcome / points.
  12. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Guys, both protests / incidents at bathurst were things that we (cob Stu and myself) shouldn't have had to deal with. Basic incidents that should have been redressed straight away. If you make blatant illegal contact and the other car gets pushed of track you CANNOT take the position and not be penalised. Standard rules that we should all be aware of by now.
    SPL Racing and AOCleaner74 like this.
  13. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Im still not 100% sure i made contact. Just dont have a replay to say otherwise. I know the rules. Just copping it on the chin as i cant remember and dont have proof that it wasnt a lag/game issue.

As we saw with the beau/samsung incidents, nothing is always as it seems with this game so incidents are bound to happen from time to time. Simple looking, but depending on whose screen its from.

EDIT: I should probably add that I totally agree with what you said, and you're right it shouldn't happen. Just stating my experience with PCars and the increase in weirdness that comes with it.
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2016
    SPL Racing and AOCleaner74 like this.
  14. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    And also i owe cob an apology for the contact made. Pushed you into a cut penalty so i apologise for that mate.
  15. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    This is a prime example to always save the replay after the race (I know you couldn't Zharvs). Lag can mean you saw/felt nothing but could face a protest from someone else who recieved a punt.
    Zachery likes this.
  16. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Yeah exactly right mate, I'll just use the share button and save as I go during the race instead of saving the replay from now on.
  17. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I have updated this on my sheets, you will see the change after next round
    Zachery likes this.
  18. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Driver Briefing - ROUND 5 - ROAD AMERICA

Tested last night and the following settings will be fine. I finished with 3.6 ltrs and my front left tire was the lowest on 65%. Temps were fine, so everyone should be able to get to the end comfortably.

LAPS - 36 (changed from 38)
    Weather Slots. 1 - cloudy 2. overcast 3. clear
    Weather
    progression - set to race
    TUNING OFF
    FUEL : slow
    TIRE WEAR : slow
    Date : 9/10/16
    1pm race start
    Track Temp : 35*
    Ambient Temp : 25*

[​IMG]
    This is a VERY FAST track so ALL drivers need to be aware that the draft changes your brake points. Into turns 1, 5 and 12 are the most likely where you will get a run in the draft, and a chance to attack other cars. Its also the biggest chance to stuff up someones night, so please use your heads here. In the test room last night it was easy to save fuel in the draft and as soon as i got in any battles i was losing 1.5 - 2 secs per lap.......

TRACK LIMITS : As always the track limits are the edge of the ripple strips or white line. The only real issues could be at TURNS 1 and 3, where there is run off to the left, HOWEVER the track is very bumpy and seemed to have more of a negative effect on lap speed. TURNS 12 and 13.....again on the exit there is some run off room, but the bumpiness of the ripple strips unsettles the car and tends to slow the exit speed. There is also time penalties there, be warned !
    That said, any driver constantly running off track in turns 1 and 2, 12 and 13 will receive a penalty if its determined they were gaining an advantage.

LAP 1 :
    This will the biggest chance for issues, as the run into turn 1 is fast and for cars back from about 2nd, is largely blind. PLEASE TAKE CARE THROUGH HERE SO EVERYONE CAN GET TO TURN 5 IN ONE PIECE. This will set up the best chance for a cracking race as the draft certainly gives everyone a chance to stay in a pack.

Good luck, please redress any issues on track. ;)

Stu
    SPL Racing and Zachery like this.
  19. Beverages4017

Beverages4017 Rookie

PSN ID
    Beverages4017
    Haha how good is turn 2 in that graphic....
  20. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    lol T2 'The Straight"
    Zachery likes this.