Season 7 Division 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Apr 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hosie09

Hosie09 Stevie

Ha ha the Missus would hurt her hand trying that :):):):) on me. Lol. Yeah if I could post pics on here I would show yas. Should be getting stitches out next week some time.
  2. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773

I think you should still host tek, my season is done and all the front runners don't seem to be having any issues. Me hosting might create more probs than it solves. I don't want to screw up anyone's chances by changing it now.

All good mate, frustrating but good, was looking forward to dicing with some of the faster guys. Not to be.
  3. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    :lol: cool m8.. good to see your ok...
  4. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    yeah it's a pretty :):):):)ty deal you got served this season. and what makes it worst is we all know you got the talent to be up the front... :(
  5. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    Despite once again having GT5 screw me over, I'm happy with my drive at the Ring and to grab another podium.

I qualied on mediums and had a mostly clean lap with one grassy adventure that cost me a few seconds at least. Did an 8:33 and started 3rd, whether that was deserving of 3rd on the grid who knows...

Race start, got away okay but lost 1 or 2 places being on the outside for the first hairpin, got through cleanly though and was heading down to the left/right at turn 3/4. Got through turn 3 fine, coming into turn 4, BANG!!.. Massive lag hit sent me flying deep into the sand trap with both rear wheels full damage. By the time I got out of the sand and could move in a straight line again I was dead last, something like 25 seconds behind. After just 4 corners.

I knew if I could drive cleanly I might still be in with a chance of a good result. From there on I drove an almost faultless race. Not a foot wrong, not a single spin, and barely a blade of grass was touched.
    I watched so many others make mistakes and have spins right in front of me, but kept my concentration and had an outstanding drive which was rewarded with a podium. Couldn't be happier.

TopCat was in another class though, consistent and fast.
    Can't help but feel I might have taken 2nd from Tek if I didn't get put so far behind.
    And bad luck Aussie for binning it a few times on the final lap to gift me 3rd.
    Well done to everyone, it was a tough race.

I ran 2M, 2S, 2S, 1S.
  6. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Ahh but you have to take it to account i lost between 20-30 seconds when I ploughed into zamps after he had an off in front of me on lap 2. :) If not for that I would of had a larger gap, still had a pretty comfy gap at the end. It was actually 10 secs back to you as I finished 50 secs behind top not 54. :p

But yea great drive anyway mate, I wasnt giving up 2nd easy either way.
  7. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    Oh yeah of course. Who knows what may have been under different circumstances.
    I was just day dreaming.
  8. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Na no daydreaming mate, I think you made up some good time on me the last 4-5 laps so second was definatly possible. Was abit worried the last two laps when you and aussie were closing. Was gonna be if you guys could catch me on the last lap cause I knew you were gonna pit at the end of lap 6, I already pitted at the end of lap 5. So yea I was well aware what could happen, so just made sure I kept it on the black stuff.

Cracker come back mate though, I watched some of your replay. Good stuff.
  9. MrTopCat

MrTopCat New Recruit

I had no idea the track was so glitchy. Qualified on pole and started the race from 9th. That did however give me a great vantage point to see Aza's seriously laggy car rip thru half the field at turn 1, quarter of the field at turn 2 and me at turn 3. I recovered from the sand dead last, but in time to see 2 more cars skittling thru the sand trap at the bottom hairpin. And they went in DEEP. Not your fault at all Aza but i reckon you bowled a near perfect game buddy. LOL
    Got my head back into the race and tried to make up the 25 seconds I was down but quarter way thru the lap I came around a bind highspeed corner to get caught up in Aza and nuggets spin. Clipped the front of Aza's car, and ended up facing the wall. I must have have punched Aza right back into the race coz he was in 3rd..huh!
    The at the long hairpin before the windy back straight I drove thru a wall of smoke to see Aza sitting with his front bumper facing the apex. Aussie took the wide line around the outside of him and I tried to cut the apex in front. Nope....the biggest crash I've had in my time here yet. I got massive front tyre and engine damage that seemed to last all the way along the straight. And i must have sent Aza back onto the racing line coz he was gone up in 3rd or 4th. Aza, I'm real sorry about all those hits mate.
    From there I had to drive calm and smart if I wanted any decent sort of result. By the end of lap 1 I had sight of the leaders. There were probably more incidents in that 1st lap than we've had all season. I pitted for another set of softs somehow managed to overtake Aussie in the pit lane. Again....huh??
    In front of me was Tek and Zampli. Pedal to the metal I caught and passed Zampli on lap 2 but Tek was gone. I pitted again for softs and on better tyres caught Tek half way thru lap 3. He went a little wide at the little carousel which gave me an opening to take the lead and I got a great run off the hill for the back straight to pull away from the slipstream. Following Tek seemed to minimise the wear on my tyres so I took a gamble and shot for a 2nd lap on softs. They were pretty much gone by the end of lap 4 but I believe thats where most of the 50 second gap came from. Pitted for mediums, 2 laps and the last pitstop for softs for the sprint home. My last 4 laps were pretty lonely but I consider that a good thing.
    Congrats to everyone for taking to that beast of a track. It is most definately my favourite track in GT5 as it's a lot like the roads I grew up on. A lot less gravel thankfully. Only fitting then that I get my first Sunday league win here. Also to Tek and Flood, awesome effort on rounding out the podium. Anyone that finishes in front of Aussie this season has driven out of their skin.
    A real cool race that I would love to do again (don't think I speak for the masses there).
  10. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    :lol: :lol: :lol:
  11. Aza2672

Aza2672 Aron Baker Gold Member

PSN ID
    AB_Saints_25 (Formerly Aza2672)
    sorry to everyone I punted off in the first lap I'vce never had that sort of lag problem before and hope I never get it again and to TC no need to apologise mate not your fault I think it was either the psn or gt5 having problems the other night or both having problems it seemed to settle after the first lap but that was after it ruined my race as well as most people in the room
  12. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    I don't think anyone has any hard feelings Aza.. I know I don't. It's something out of everyone's control.
    At least it gave us a chance to fight back throughout the race.
  13. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Yeah aza, no hard feelings mate, i gotta say you dead set middled me and flood though. funny stuff.

Great drive too from topcat and flood. coming from that far back to finish where you did was a great effort.

Well done
  14. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

As host I feel partly to blame for the lag, so we share the blame equally. I was pretty nervous when Azza kept lagging back n forth behind me, was waiting to become the next victim. Great bowling tho :p As for the grid stuff up, no idea as it happened in all divisions, so thats either a GT5 thing or PSN doing funny things.
  15. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Not your fault tek......its part of the joys of GT5 mate. We all know that.
  16. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    I'm sure all you guys having disconnection problems are clearing your cache and resetting the modem but i go a little further and i have had no dropouts when using this system,

1 unplug phone line from splitter. ( i know it's meant to split the signal but if i get a dropout it's when the phone rings)
    2 make sure all wireless devices are not connected and unable to connect to the modem ( wifi only)
    3 turn off PC
    4 reset modem ( turn off for approx 1 min )
    5 sign into psn
    6 clear GT5 cache

this may seem a little extreme BUT it works for me, i have adsl2+ elite 12MB connection and my PS3 is hard wired through LAN cable and LAN port is in DMZ. ever since i have gone to this setup i haven't had a dropout. the only time i get a dropout now is if the phone is plugged in and i receive a call. if your having trouble with dropouts it may be worth a go.
  17. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Last round this week guys....

Pit exit is to be used to re-enter the track. Not the shortcut.

Time penalties will be applied for taking the short cut, harsher if you cut and take someone out into turn 1.

Division captains to post in lobby before race start

Cheers
    Stu
  18. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

I didnt know there where two exits? But ill check it out later
  19. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    Just keep left when you leave the pits and it takes you behind the wall on the inside of turn 1
  20. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Yeah tek,

we generally just come off pit lane straight into turn 1.

The proper exit winds off to the left and comes out on the short straight, after the kink (turn 2) just before the hairpin (turn 3). Its a narrow lane with grass on each side so you do need to be careful. Very easy to spin off.

Much better though, with close racing it will stop any hassels with guys getting taken out re-entering after a stop.

Hopefully talk to you guys tonight, should be on after about 9.

Cheers
    Stu
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.