Season 7 Division 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Apr 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    good prac run last night guys...seems i have enough pace to finish in the top 12 if im lucky !! :D

Can i apologize though before the race, to any poor sod who ends up behind me through the bus stop.....i'm about as fast as grandma pushing a shopping trolly with only 3 wheels that work. Hopeless.......i go okay on the straight bits though :p
  2. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    That sounds pretty much like me the last time we raced here. The completely featureless back straight doesn't help
  3. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Provisional top 5

Aussie
    Stu
    Topcat
    tek
    Natmanscoop

Aussie and stu got away on the 1st lap, which left 5 of us playing in each others slipstream. Almost got caught out a couple times as 5 ppl going thru the bus stop is pretty slow and tight, had to slam on the brakes and drop it into 3rd a couple times as I was at the back of the pack on mediums . Good racing tonight but aussie and stu were gone to quick.
  4. MrTopCat

MrTopCat New Recruit

Congrats Aussie on your Race and division 2 Win. Way too strong all season m8. And also to you Tek for 2nd place. Nice fight back at end of the season.
    Thanks for all your work this season Stu and Miki, and Tek for being our host.
  5. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Ah I think hosie would of had second if not for his injury, also if you had got your tyres to last earlier in the season im sure you would of had something to say about it. So not really 2nd imo even if the numbers say so.

So toppy what made it click for you with the tyres the last few races? Certainly came home strong, you always had the pace getting numerous fastest laps in the past but u'd struggle with the tyres at times. So good stuff mate.

Also stu stoked to see you get abit of reward with the 2nd tonight after a tough season with the disconnections and all.
  6. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

Well done both tonight & over the season Aussie, you had us well & truly covered.

So sorry again for the tap&spin on lap 2 Nugget, we just plain drifted into each other (on my replay anyway).
    - Not the sort of thing I enjoy seeing, especially when my dumb ass contributed.

Just re-watching me splitting Tek & Sid down the front straight (on the limiter of course) on my way back from last to 5th - hilarious!
    aah, that's what happened to Zampli - threw it away at the bus-stop on Lap 4, shame dude!

Ripping battle between Tek & myself, darn shame for Sid that he dropped it fighting with us on L5 at the bus-stop too.
    We kept at it until the first stop - Tek, why wouldn't you try'n pass me into the bus-stop? ! Very Cat & mouse, too good.

I swung into the lead starting Lap 10 (hurrah!) and enjoyed that for all of.. . . 1.9 Laps !
    Then came "THE" pitstop, the race fv(k3r. 16 seconds it held me there after tyres were done, watching everyone go past. SIXTEEN SECONDS ! !
    Back down to 2nd last, must admit though I enjoyed coming back past a few people again, albiet in an outraged, furious at GT5 way.. . .
    I just rode 5th home from there, did back-to back stints on Softs btw, got 10 laps out of the last set! (admittedly the last 2 laps were fairly gentle)

Thanks for a great season guys, can't wait for Season Eight.

hey.. . . that rhymes!
  7. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

Fastest Laps (as they appear to me anyway)

1. Aussie_man21 1:43.816
    2. natmanscoop 1:44.245 (that's me! go me!)
    3. venosuala 1:44.361
    4. MrTopCat74 1:44.387
    5. stuart170773 1:44.419
    6. TekNiqueAU 1:44.619
    7. Aza2672 1:45.034
    8. Floodsim 1:45.133
    9. Zampli 1:45.708
    10. NUGGET-22 1:45.940
    11. sidfire1 1:45.903
    12. xNeVeR_eNoUgHx 1:46.578
  8. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    First off well done Aussie. A really good championship win. Those donughts you did at the end were something else !!

Thanks to everyone who got on the grid each week. I think overall things worked ok, cept for a few GT5 problems. Hopefully we see all back for season 8 along with a few new faces.

For me it was nice to get through a race without being disconnected for a change. I had a run with Muzz this arvo and got booted twice so wasn't holding much hope. Come race time I even pulled the phone line form the splitter ( read that somewhere on the forum) was willing to try anything. !!

I qualied 4th and got a cracker start, and slotted in behind Aussie, hoping to be competitive. After 2 laps we managed to get a pretty big buffer , so for the first 4 laps I decided to let Aussie pull me along while everyone fought for position behind. By lap 5 I had a few cracks at him, and we swapped the lead a few times which was a blast. 10 laps, nose to tail, not 1 hit or touch or scrape. RESPECT AUSSIE :cool: I had a very small lose on lap 10 and he just got a small gap in the pit stop, so I lost the draft, till he got a bit tangle trying to clear Aza and nearly binned it on about lap 12.

He cleared Aza before the bus stop on about 14, which gave him clear air, and I spent the next three quarters of the lap trying to do the same thing but he was long gone with a gap of about 10 secs. I kept pushing to keep Topcat at bay (good drive mate, was watching you gain and was hoping you were killing your tires trying to get to me!). Luckily he was on the same strategy as myself so on lap 22 I managed to hold the gap to him to about 8 secs after the final stop for fresh softs.

Was very happy with my race, and a good way to finish after being bent over by the gt5 network gremlins. Other than a half lose on lap 10 i managed to get through with no penalties which was good given that i sucked through the bus stop.

Ran 10 softs, 12 meds and finished with 8 softs (I think)...2 stops which i was hoping would work. THANKS MUZZ for the session that helped me work it out !!

Thanks to Tek for hosting after my issues, great job, and to all the guys who did fastest laps and other stuff for the forum as well as well.

Hopefully see you on track for season 8 where we can do it all again !!!

Stu.
  9. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Well done Aussie!!! And Stu's got his mojo back, if not his TV.
  10. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Congrats Aussie, staying in the room makes all the difference hey. Stue you may have to stick to the old TV.
  11. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    :lol: it was fitting IMO... big V8, round win, My 1st championship win and it was Daytona track.... i just had to do :D

i qualified on softs as i thought it was to much of a risk to start on mediums with so many guys with pace here...
    i did 3 laps it qually 1st lap got me 1.44.6XX, so i cruised around on the 2nd lap and decided if i want pole i needed to get a better lap down.
    3rd lap i dropped the hammer down and got a 1.44.2XX... which was good enough for pole.. still with 3 or 4 minutes left in qually
    Awesome i'll go have a quick smoke, so jump out of way simulator and as i was rushing through the lounge room,
    i fully SMASHED my 3 middle toes on my right foot by kicking my bubs fold up piano station was on the floor.
    With the Missus and bubs asleep due to a few rough nights i couldn't shout all the F's, B's and C's...
    so now i hoping around the house like a one legged pirate, red in the face from the throbbing pain...
    outside i stretched it out the best i could... and thought great!!! 30 laps with a busted foot.... :mad: O'well just have to put up with it and do my best..

RACE
    on pole position. Got a good start and was able to drop down the track to the inside, in of Nugget.
    T1 in and out cleanly with (B2) Stu coming along for the ride aswell, we open a very hand leap over the pack. Stu started 4th i think..
    the 3 or 4 laps was really good Stu was behind me just watching and waiting i think for me to bin it..

Lap 5 going along the back straight Stu had enough of looking at the back of my car and decided to take the lead going in the the Bus Stop..
    then mid way through Stu got a wheel on the outside grass giving the lead back.
    Stu that was close call m8, you nearly lost it and i dam near drove into the side of you.
    Great Driving m8 that we didn't make contact there at that speeds and in that narrow part of the track..

over the next few laps Stu and i swapped spots while still not making any contact at all.. RESPECT ;)

Pitted on the end of lap 10 for my mediums, out of the pit in 5th with some breathing space back to Stu and with Never and Aza just up the road i pushed a bit to get the slipstream.
    by the time i got to the back straight on Lap 11 i was right behind Never, heading into the Bus Stop i backed off the gas and Never i think when in just a little to hot and under steered on entry.
    Which gave a clear entry and 4th...

Lap 12 Turn 4
    (B1) Aza got sideways on exit with old tires i got up right side of him (which put me on the outside line to the next corner)
    But thought my new tires could hold the outside line BUT I WAS WRONG off into the sticks i go managed to hold it off the wall...
    coped a 5-6 sec penalty for that miss judgement.. Now Stu back within 2 secs and i'm on dirty tires.. got a good entry and exit on the last infield corner to hold Aza slipstream...
    overtook Aza before the Bus Stop. After that the Banana Brothers had a bit of a battle, which helped me increase my lead and gap back to Stu..

UMMMM not to much more happen from there on in, i was running alone in clear air....

Pitted again on the end of lap 21 for softs again still with plenty of space to run...
    so had a shot at trying to getting into the 42's but fell way short with a 43.816 but it was good enough to bag me the fast lap... :D
    So Yeah what a way to finish the season. POLE, RACE WIN and the FAST LAP.. my first clean swept for a round...

ok thats that out of the way now..
    i like to say a MASSIVE thanks to Stu, tek and all the fellas that did so much hard work to get this season going and keep it going... Top Job as always..
    And to all the boys in Div 2 for turning up each week and racing hard and clean... totally enjoyed each minute racing you guys... :cool:
    hope to see ya next season...

Anyways that it from me over and out!!!!
  12. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    yeah thanks Bonus and sure does..
  13. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Results final race

1 Aussie* plus fastest lap 27 points
    2 Stu 18
    3 Topcat 15
    4 Tek 12
    5 Natman 10
    6 Floodsim 8
    7 Veno 6
    8 Azza 4
    9 Zamps 2
    10 Never 1
    11 Nugget (DNF)
    12 Sid (DNF)
  14. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Congrats Aussie on a resounding Championship victory :D Well Done.

Congrats Tek and TopCat for rounding out the podium just ahead of Hosie who could have easily defended his championship podium standing if he had of been able to make the final race. Bad luck.

Well done all on another sucessful season at GTLOZ.

Season 7 Div 2 Final Championship Standings

Check your points, any issues let me know. Cheers.
  15. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    Yeah thanks Koastr, Finally got a BIG bottle of bubbly to spray around :D

Its been a hard season with so many of the boys in Div 2 being so fast, i had to work my arse off for it.
    but i think that's what makes being at the top at the end of the season just that little sweeter for me,
    as i know all the boys brought their "A GAME" to the track every week...
    its funny i don't want to go up to DIV 1 cause i enjoy racing with all the boys in DIV 2,
    BUT on the other hand some1 need to go up there and give them DIV 1 boys a run for their money!!! :p :lol:
  16. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Thanks koaster and Tek for getting the results up. I wouldve done it but i still dont have have the tele back :mad: and cant read the fastest laps times.....should be back on tuesday next week...fingers crossed

Well done Aussie, Tek and Topcat on the season 7 podium. Well deserved....bad luck Hosie. Clearly have the pace to run at the front as well.

Wlll be a real juggle i think on who goes up to div 1....watch this space, apart from aussie, let me know guys what your preference is and will make a decision based on your pace and results. :/ :/ assuming you are having a run again in season 8....hope so

Ive started to post across on whirlpool to try to get some more new faces, hopefully get a few newbies which is always a good thing.

Stu
  17. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    Sounds to me like someone is trying to squirm their way out of moving up to Div 1 next season :lol:
  18. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    :lol:

It will be a tough one......speaking from experience i finished second the last 2 seasons but didnt go up after taking into account the real pace of guys around me (neishy went up after finishing 3rd in season 6 i think) and who had :):):):)ty seasons with DC'S and stuff.

Will see what the entries are like (looking good so far) and see where people fit best.
  19. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Na i honestly think hosie should have 1st dibs at moving to div 1 if he comes back. He would of been right up there if not for his eye injury. Probably topcat next after that, now that he's got his tyres in order he's right on it. He was always fast, but could pretty much count him to wear out the tyres to fast in the past :p Speaking of which I'd like to know how he got them to click mid season, since then he's been on fire in all series.

Im happy to move up if noone else does though, someone has to be a grid filler :D I wouldnt challenge the top guys but keepeing it on track might result in a few mid pack finishes.

Hosie and topcat would give the top guys more of a challenge though.
  20. MrTopCat

MrTopCat New Recruit

Yeah Tek, nothing too drastic. I just stopped trying to get the fastest lap time in each race and did a lot more practise through the week. When I say a lot more practise, I mean like tripled what I was previously doing. And combined, that really made a big difference. The practise also helped me work out a decent race strategy. Lots of little things = Big result.

Oh, And I agree that Hosie should be in Div 1. I like div 2.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.